Editor Crash

When I'm in the mission editor & I open the MISC then encyclopedia It crashes. It just goes to a black screen & nothing happens. I can not get anything to respond

I have to CTRL ALT TAB & go to the task manager & end task to shut DCS.

When I'm in the task manager my Physical memory use for DCS is through the roof at 95% & 8000mb.

• ED Team

Hi

I was not able to reproduce, could you attach your dcs log after it happens, we can look for clues.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I suspect it is related to one of your unofficial mods

might be worth removing all unofficial mods and doing a cleanup and repair. or verify for steam users.

then testing again

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I suspect it is related to one of your unofficial mods

might be worth removing all unofficial mods and doing a cleanup and repair. or verify for steam users.

then testing again

thanks

Hi

Do you suspect or are you sure?

The very few mods that I am using are well tested & have not posed an issue previously.

I also red a post that using the DCS repairer may delete the contents of my hard drive.

So you would understand my reservationson not wanting to run a repair.

Plus all of the other issues it may cause like control binding & other settings.

Edited by mrmat01

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Do you suspect or are you sure?

The very few mods that I am using are well tested & have not posed an issue previously.

I also red a post that using the DCS repairer may delete the contents of my hard drive.

So you would understand my reservationson not wanting to run a repair.

Plus all of the other issues it may cause like control binding & other settings.

I had the same problem, but I removed most mods including the Edge 340. That fixed it.

You can copy your Mod folder to the desktop as a backup. Then eliminate one by one the Mods in Aircraft and Tech that may be suspect.

That is how I determined the most likely culprit. PS...I did a repair prior to trying this, with no ill effects.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

I had the same problem, but I removed most mods including the Edge 340. That fixed it.

You can copy your Mod folder to the desktop as a backup. Then eliminate one by one the Mods in Aircraft and Tech that may be suspect.

That is how I determined the most likely culprit. PS...I did a repair prior to trying this, with no ill effects.

Thank you.

I do have the EDGE 340.

It just seems to be the generic answer from ED remove mods & run a repair.

I don't like running the repair as it can create more issues than you had before you did it.

I don't like installing mods as it can create more issues than you had before you did it.

Fixed that for you. :thumbup:

This is plain and simple:

1/ You install the game. It works fine.

2/ You install unofficial mods. The game still works, yay!

3/ After some DCS updates, your game is broken.

4/ Do a cleanup (it removes any file unknown to the game).

5/ Do a repair (it replaces any unofficial file by its official counterpart). This leads you to 1/. Same player, shoot again.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I don't like running the repair as it can create more issues than you had before you did it.

That’s simply not true ... just because one single dude was clever enough as to define the root folder of his disk as the location for the Updater’s temporary files, it does not mean that the Repair can "delete the contents of your drive".

Good luck fixing your DCS without using this tool.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Take it easy mate.

It is fixed with out running the repair. By removing the mod that was stuffing it up. It was actually a mod I forgot I had installed. Like I said in my 2nd post. The very few mods I do run are very well tested & are updated by the creator. As for the repair tool. I have used it in the past & for me it creates the very tedious task of having to go through all of my control settings & deleting all of the duplicate controls & settings my curves again.

So that post on hoggit regarding the repair tool potentially wiping the hard drive was just a load of crap then? Well I’m not willing to take that risk.