What do you do about dim AOA indexer?

bonesvf103

So I and others have been complaining about how the AOA indexer is dim, especially when the sun shines right on it. No one at Heatblur seems to hear it...so it seems...so...

..What do you do to be able to see the AOA indexer? I'm tired of not being able to see it no matter what I do. It used to be better before the last update with the horrid cockpit lighting they did, but not by much. I wish it was as bright as the Hornet's, it's really costing me some good approaches.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I've tried teaching myself to (mostly) ignore it and focus on the airframe buffet instead.

For landings I just sort of...wing it.

I see what you did there...!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I'll be here all week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'll be sure to tip my server.

v6,

boNes

DCS AoA Indexer app (free) for Android phones. It's fantastic!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

So I and others have been complaining about how the AOA indexer is dim, especially when the sun shines right on it. No one at Heatblur seems to hear it...so it seems...so...

You missed something?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4411571&postcount=18

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Lord, there are three sources of AOA info with 1 degree FOV from each other. Pick one.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

tweak the balance between eye-blinding light intensities at night vis-a-vis visibility at day

Don't want to be a smartass but wouldn't implementing the indexer thumbwheel solve that problem?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

We'll make another pass to try and tweak the balance between eye-blinding light intensities at night vis-a-vis visibility at day for the next patch (in August). :)

Thanks!

v6,

boNes