DCS: F/A-18C THE SERPENT'S HEAD 2 CAMPAIGN

On 1/22/2023 at 2:27 PM, Badger633 said:

Hope you enjoy. Check you have the Persian map though as you will need it for this one.

Just bought it. I actually have now bought in last 3 months alot of mods, after year of fc3 aircrafts. F/A-18C, Persian Map, Supercarrier mod and just bought also The Rise of Persian Lion ("1") and Combined Arms..  It is very nice that ED now sells those like -70% was couple of days in steam etc. It is kinda logical when some ppl have played DCS since launch. OFC for them collecting mods year by year, while playing DCS, but when I started year ago, I had already desided to aim for Hornet trough FC3 aircrafts (Basically just because hornet is in use in my homeland, Finland, and wanted the most multirole one..) But then soon I started to notice that "shiit I need like new map, supercarrier mod, combined arms, the plane itself, just to play with couple of friend´s missions 😄 .. Gets pricy bought once. So now its nice for ED to lower prices , it helps A LOT new players like me, who still wants to play DCS with dedication. (I have army background so want to do things "my way". Well now I got those. Next is time to get track IR from post office (ooh yes i have played YEAR, all FC3 planes campaigns, and goddam lot of other campaigns, mostly SP, some MP. Then time to buy also a new HOTAS, as I play with ORIGINAL first version of saitek x45. Its literally 20 years or something old. 😄 But still works. It is just about to break thoug, and ofc theres "clap" in controls, and as i mentioned, have to use huge deadzones. Buttons actually in saitek x45 is nice collection, but they are crappy and "plastic like" as hell. Think I first buy some cheaper new hotas, before going into virpil / wingwing stuff. Many players, including Growling Sidewinder etc. have said that one should buy TM 16000m, which is yes cheap and plastic like also, but the mechanics in the stick is same that in TM warthog (just the bottom of the stick, thoug put in plastic cover. Or that atleast is what i have read and heard. It felt nice as warthog when tested it in store. Pedals are crappy and small, but still the whole pack is here in finland like 199 euros (~180 dollars) (HOTAS + pedals). Still it would be a HUGE upgrade to flying and controls itself. Atleast what comes to accuracy. And it is kinda clear ofc when they are 20 years newer. I just need to tune the TM 16000m ´s throttle, and put real roller bearings to the rails it is movin on. Thanks alot for tips. As I said I´m kinda new to DCS, and every social contact in here matters. ❤️

• Like 2

BTW @Badger633Do you have other campaigns / missions? (than SH and its versions and This Pers. Lion series? Totally would recommend these for my friends playing dcs. Yesterday one friend that doesnt play computer at all, flied the Maverick IR / Laser Jtac mission, and he was about to <profanity> his pants from joy...

Edited by Wiggo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiggo said:

BTW @Badger633Do you have other campaigns / missions? (than SH and its versions and This Pers. Lion series? Totally would recommend these for my friends playing dcs. Yesterday one friend that doesnt play computer at all, flied the Maverick IR / Laser Jtac mission, and he was about to <profanity> his pants from joy...

Hi Wiggo

The last campaign in the series of four, which has not long been released, is 'Rise of the Persian Lion II'. This the follow on from the 'Rise of the Persian lion'. This continues the story with additional characters and also increases complexity of the missions so you are more involved with the radios etc.

Will be doing more but each one takes about a year to make and each has to be maintained  on a regular basis as ED updates are released.

Badger 633

• Like 2

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:52 PM, Badger633 said:

Hi Wiggo

The last campaign in the series of four, which has not long been released, is 'Rise of the Persian Lion II'. This the follow on from the 'Rise of the Persian lion'. This continues the story with additional characters and also increases complexity of the missions so you are more involved with the radios etc.

Will be doing more but each one takes about a year to make and each has to be maintained  on a regular basis as ED updates are released.

Badger 633

Since almost played the persian lion, you bet i will buy the #2 also 🙂 These campaigns are good for my skill lvl. It is nice that there is a lot of AG content. One can shoot AMRAAMS with F-15C enough in one year... ^__^ dogfighting / BVR skills ofc different thing, but i think AG stuff makes you really USE the F/A-18´s systems.

Edited by Wiggo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi and thanks for a great campaign, but I'm having trouble with mission 5 (the one where you should drop some JSOW's). I manage to launch the JSOW's and I track them with the F6 view, I can see them hit... but then nothing. I have tried both PP and TOO modes. Have tried several times now, but seems like the missiles are just duds!? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, grimnir said:

Hi and thanks for a great campaign, but I'm having trouble with mission 5 (the one where you should drop some JSOW's). I manage to launch the JSOW's and I track them with the F6 view, I can see them hit... but then nothing. I have tried both PP and TOO modes. Have tried several times now, but seems like the missiles are just duds!? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi

Are you setting the e fuse to instantaneous?

• Like 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

1 hour ago, grimnir said:

Setting the efuze helped of course, mission successfull. Great mission, I liked landing in bad weather! 😁

Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy the rest of the campaign 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, grimnir said:

I cust completed the campaign and wanted to say that I enjoyed it. Thanks!

Hi grmnir

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it.

Hope move on to the Rise of the Persian Lion where 'Fords' story continues. 🙂👍

6 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi grmnir

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it.

Hope move on to the Rise of the Persian Lion where 'Fords' story continues. 🙂👍

You're welcome. I already have Rise of the Persian Lion, will play that next. 😎

52 minutes ago, grimnir said:

You're welcome. I already have Rise of the Persian Lion, will play that next. 😎

Just checked out the normal version of Mission 1 using Openbeta with no mods. All works well. I have sent you a PM with Tacview and some advice.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Badger633 said:

Just checked out the normal version of Mission 1 using Openbeta with no mods. All works well. I have sent you a PM with Tacview and some advice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I think perhaps you replied to the wrong person? 🙂

55 minutes ago, grimnir said:

Thanks, but I think perhaps you replied to the wrong person? 🙂

Sorry you’re absolutely right, just trying to help out another fellow pilot and got my wired crossed. 🤪

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:clap_2:I just completed ROPL2 and wanted to say thank you for another great campaign! You really turned it up on this one. The part two mission was my toughest challenge but the game also let me know that I need to work on my ACM. I hope you've got another one in the works because I would definitely buy it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hispanicgamer said:

:clap_2:I just completed ROPL2 and wanted to say thank you for another great campaign! You really turned it up on this one. The part two mission was my toughest challenge but the game also let me know that I need to work on my ACM. I hope you've got another one in the works because I would definitely buy it! 

Thanks for the kind words, yes, working on the next one now. These things take an age unfortunately.

Glad you enjoyed it , that's what it is all about. 🙂👍  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hispanicgamer said:

just realized I posted in the wrong thread! :doh:

🤣