ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

32 minutes ago, 4eyes said:

Wow...long thread. Great Ships.

How do I tell which are WWII ships for Normandy and the Channel maps?  

Well, there are no WWII ships in this thread. But there exist specific threads in the User Forums for that, including Allied, Japenese and Axis ships threads. Enjoy !

• Like 1

DCS MOD TROUBLESHOOTING!

So every time I create a mod there's always something I miss. It could be a comma, a period, or in most cases a misspelled word. Also, with the introduction of declared weapons, there's an even great chance you will miss something which will cause the mod to not appear in DCS. Then comes the fun part of figuring out what is causing the issue. A lot of trial and error until you figure it out. 

So with that said for those of you that can't get Normandie into the Game. Open the Entry.Lua file and disable all the sensor and weapons files by placing -- dash symbols in front of the dofile as shown below. Once the files have been disabled. Run DCS again to see if the mod appears in DCS. If it does. It means one of the weapons or the sensor file is bad. Then one by one remove -- the dash symbols and run DCS until you figure out which file is bad. 

Hope this helps those that are having issues with the mod appearing in DCS.

-- sensors
--dofile(current_mod_path.."/Database/Sensors/Aquitaine_sensors.lua")

--Weapons
--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Database/Weapons/D650_SYLVER_15.lua')
--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Database/Weapons/D650_SYLVER_30.lua')
--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Database/Weapons/D650_MM40B3.lua')
--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Database/Weapons/D650_GunsAndAmmo.lua')
--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Database/Weapons/D650_Decoy.lua')

• Like 3

Admiral,

I had the same problem with both ships showing in ME but not the game.  Commenting out the "MASS" section in each ship's LUA file cured the problem for me.  There are other errors present in the DCS log but this one change allows both ships to work in the simulation for me.

RustyGunner

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pappy2 said:

Hello "RustyGunner"
Can you specify the corrections you made in the .lua file of "Normandie".
Because I have the problem of the ship not appearing in the game.

Aloha,

This is the MASS section in the file D651_Normandie.lua :

MASS_section.png

Same thing for the LPD Foudre

it works !
Thanks to RustyGunner

Edited by Marroux

The MASS Section is the Countermeasures which works well for me but I see for some it doesn't. Also, the LPD doesn't have any anti-air weapons. The Countermeasures stop the missiles in their tracks. So with that said the MASS section is causing conflicts for some of you. As mentioned yesterday, that's exactly how I find the problem child with each mod. 

Thanks, Rusty for taking the time to resolve the issue! Please try Rusty solution to see if it works for you.

I would be interested to know from all of you. Let me know who the mod works for without disabling any weapons. Also, let me know if disabling the MASS helps you. Thanks.

DCS MOD TROUBLESHOOTING TIP #2

SWITCHES! Not sure if this is the correct name but below are the switches to turn weapons on and off to also include the damage model. So Rusty Disabled the MASS Area. Instead of disabling the entire area just turn the switch off by placing -- dashes next to the last entry. DCS will not read it if it's turned off. Or at least it shouldn't.

-- { area_name = "KORMA_MA",           area_arg = 92,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},

All the other switches are for weapons. So for example if you see Korma_MA in the MASS area it should also be entered in the GT.DM area as well or will not work. 

GT.DM = {
    { area_name = "ZA_AA",               area_arg = 80,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {-85.7, 2.0, 0.0}, size = 0.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_AB",               area_arg = 81,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {-85.7, 2.0, 0.0}, size = 0.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_FA",             area_arg = 82,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {-85.7, 2.0, 0.0}, size = 0.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_FA1",               area_arg = 83,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {-85.7, 2.0, 0.0}, size = 0.5}},
    { area_name = "COMMAND",            area_arg = 84,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {-70.0, 2.0, 7.7}, size = 0.8}},
     { area_name = "ZA_FRA",                 area_arg = 85,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_FRA2",             area_arg = 86,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_HAR",               area_arg = 87,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "CABIN",               area_arg = 88,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_TA",               area_arg = 89,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_DA",               area_arg = 90,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "ZA_DA1",               area_arg = 91,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    { area_name = "KORMA_MA",           area_arg = 92,    area_life = 55, area_fire = { pos = {28.8, 10.2, 0.0}, size = 1.5}},
    }

Today I will go through the entire Normandie script and clean it up. I will remove items that may be causing issues for some of you and release an update later today. Stay Tuned! 

Sorry Normandie caused so many issues for you all. With that said when I first started creating the mod I had issues with it appearing in the game as well. As a modder, you have to be thinking outside the box to figure out what's causing the issue. Well, I do know the word NORMANDIE is also the name of a map in DCS. So DCS will see that and that alone will cause issues. So when we create mods we have to be careful not to use names that are already entered in DCS. Just something to think about.

Stay tuned for Version 1.0.2 released later today. Thanks for your patience!

Admiral189

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

The MASS Section is the Countermeasures which works well for me but I see for some it doesn't. Also, the LPD doesn't have any anti-air weapons. The Countermeasures stop the missiles in their tracks. So with that said the MASS section is causing conflicts for some of you. As mentioned yesterday, that's exactly how I find the problem child with each mod. 

Thanks, Rusty for taking the time to resolve the issue! Please try Rusty solution to see if it works for you.

I would be interested to know from all of you. Let me know who the mod works for without disabling any weapons. Also, let me know if disabling the MASS helps you. Thanks.

Hi All, as mentioned previously, the Normandie frigate works perffectly well for me with the MASS countermeasures ON. Nothing is commented out from the original Admiral's Mod. I'm using DCS OpenBeta 2.8.2.35759. 🙂

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, toan said:

Hi All, as mentioned previously, the Normandie frigate works perffectly well for me with the MASS countermeasures ON. Nothing is commented out from the original Admiral's Mod. I'm using DCS OpenBeta 2.8.2.35759. 🙂

I haven't looked into this specific matter. But as a general note, not aimed towards @toan. A lot of the times where this happens, a mod works for some, it's about which other mods that are running also. DCS will in these cases find the missing definitions in other mods and therefore work. 👍🏻 

Edited by currenthill

16 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I haven't looked into this specific matter. But as a general note, not aimed towards @toan. A lot of the times where this happens, a mod works for some, it's about which other mods that are running also. DCS will in these cases find the missing definitions in other mods and therefore work. 👍🏻 

Well, you are right, but I currently use only Admiral's and Currenthill's Mods, with no other ship in my tech folder than the Normandie using the MASS countermeasures, as far as I can tell. No idea why it works for me... 🤔

Edited by toan

55 minutes ago, toan said:

As a sidenote, concerning the LPD Foudre, she has AA weapons : the Mistral very short-range AA missiles, mounted on twin launchers on each side of the ship's superstructure. They work for me. 🙂

Thanks, Guys! CurrentHill knows better than anyone what it's like to create a mod and it works great for some and bad for others. Also, I think it's the systems were using. If we all were in an office environment you using the same systems and PCs. For example, Toan just stated the Mistral AA weapons work great for him. Well, they don't work for me anymore.  Also, he stated the Exocet missile boosters release for him but guess what. They don't work for me! So Toan can also vouch for mods not working for him but working fine for me. Thank you all for your patience! 

So I cleaned up the Normandie. Sent it to Marroux and he stated it worked perfectly with no issues. I haven't heard from Pappy yet if it worked for him or not.

With that said! I will release her here for you all to test. I have removed the MASS and Decoys and cleaned up the scripting.  Please before adding the updated Version 1.0.2 to DCS. Please remove the older versions of Normandie and Aquitaine! Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rarmhrtfbo3ug2z/D651_Normandie.zip?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks, Guys! CurrentHill knows better than anyone what it's like to create a mod and it works great for some and bad for others. Also, I think it's the systems were using. If we all were in an office environment you using the same systems and PCs. For example, Toan just stated the Mistral AA weapons work great for him. Well, they don't work for me anymore.  Also, he stated the Exocet missile boosters release for him but guess what. They don't work for me! So Toan can also vouch for mods not working for him but working fine for me. Thank you all for your patience! 

So I cleaned up the Normandie. Sent it to Marroux and he stated it worked perfectly with no issues. I haven't heard from Pappy yet if it worked for him or not.

With that said! I will release her here for you all to test. I have removed the MASS and Decoys and cleaned up the scripting.  Please before adding the updated Version 1.0.2 to DCS. Please remove the older versions of Normandie and Aquitaine! Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rarmhrtfbo3ug2z/D651_Normandie.zip?dl=0

Thanks Admiral for your dedication to the naval aspects in DCS ! 👏 And yes, I forgot to mention that I use a tower PC, running the standard Windows 10 Family Edition 2021 (22H2). 🙂

Your welcome Toan! Thanks for your always interest in all the mods I create. Hey as long as it performs well for you because you know DCS will put a strain on your PC. 

Well, I'm using a Tower also but I'm running Win 11, 64 GB of Memory, and Geforce RTX 3080 Ti. I have to have a good PC because 3DS Max alone will eat up memory.  Sometimes I'm running 2-3 applications at once.

Admiral,

Glad to see my earier post helped solve a problem with these excellent ships.  On the Normandie it would be helpful if the the collision model could be moved backwards to line up with the original model.  Currently, an AI helo will take a dive under the ship while landing.  The size of the Helo seems to be a factor (small = problem, large = sometimes).

Thanks for all your work.

RustyGunner

Normandie 1.jpg

Normandie 2.jpg

Hey Guys. I have made some small updates to Normandie to include a new Collision Model, adjusted the Helicopter Landing Position, and corrected the speed. She was pushing 39 Knots in DCS. Now she's down to 29 knots.

The new release is on Page #1 of the forum. #14. Enjoy! 

DCS-openbeta-3-24-2023-6-44-05-PM.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Your welcome Toan! Thanks for your always interest in all the mods I create. Hey as long as it performs well for you because you know DCS will put a strain on your PC. 

Well, I'm using a Tower also but I'm running Win 11, 64 GB of Memory, and Geforce RTX 3080 Ti. I have to have a good PC because 3DS Max alone will eat up memory.  Sometimes I'm running 2-3 applications at once.

I'm using a standard hardware configuration including Intel i5 9400F, 28 GB RAM, GTX 1660 Ti, running Windows 10 Home Edition, which is very convenient for demanding DCS missions. Quite a basic one 🙂

Below are some screenshots showing the Normandie firing IRDecoys agains Kh-41 anti-ship missiles, as well as Aster-15 and Aster-30 missiles. Also firing an Exocet missile, with the missile booster dropping into the water after launch, as mentioned by Admiral. Almost best of all, the Normandie also fires a torpedoe... but the wrong way, opposite to the target... Should be easy to correct Admiral ? As mentioned previously, I only use the 1.0.2 version of the Normandie which works very well for me. 👍  Not the last 1.0.3 update.

Screen_230325_082311s.jpg

Screen_230325_084449s.jpg

Screen_230325_084534s.jpg

Screen_230325_083325s.jpg

Screen_230325_084654s.jpg

Screen_230325_084833s.jpg

Screen_230325_083914s.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

Great Shots and Tone! I got shots of her in full battle mode. Nice to see everything is working for you. Thanks.

As for the Torpedoes that is one of our biggest gripes. We have no control over them. The Torpedoes are basically fired and forgotten. I do think Normandie turns to launch the Torpedoes but yes they go in the opposite direction because they don't really have any tracking devices on them like missiles fired from aircraft. Maybe they will correct it at some point. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Great Shots and Tone! I got shots of her in full battle mode. Nice to see everything is working for you. Thanks.

As for the Torpedoes that is one of our biggest gripes. We have no control over them. The Torpedoes are basically fired and forgotten. I do think Normandie turns to launch the Torpedoes but yes they go in the opposite direction because they don't really have any tracking devices on them like missiles fired from aircraft. Maybe they will correct it at some point. 

Yes, it's nice to see the torpedoe tube when the hatch opens, and the torpedoe fired. I'll try to get a screenshot for that ! Thanks Admiral ! 👏

• Like 1

Below are some screenshots showing the simultaneous firing of an Exocet and  Aster-30 missiles by the Normandie. You can see the exhaust flames of the Exocet on the other side of the ship (3rd screen below). Also the firing of an Aster-15 with the booster detatching (screens 1 and 2). Enjoy ! 🙂

Screen_230325_171013s.jpg

Screen_230325_170713s.jpg

Screen_230325_171445s.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2