ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

6 hours ago, Tengah said:

I have not witnessed any noticeable FPS drop whilst using your mods.

Hi Tengah,

As far as I am concerned, I am confronted with this problem of FPS drop in very specific situations:
- Only on some of Admiral's ships: USS Lewis Puller, LPD 91 Foudre, USS OakHill v1.03, USS Blue Ridge LCC-19
AND
- Only during take-off or landing of player aircraft (helicopter or AV-8B) within an envelope of around twenty metres (outside the zone FPS returns to normal).
@Tengah, have you tested these particular situations?   

This is the same phenomenon as that described by @KeyserSoze62.

Marroux

Edited by Marroux

On 7/3/2023 at 7:38 PM, Admiral189 said:

I am keeping tabs on the ships requested and so far I haven't seen two requests of the same ship yet so keep them coming. Thanks.

Loving your ships so far and use them for a lot of my missions.

If you are after any ideas, may I suggest a Type 42 destroyer or Type 21 Frigate. Following the release of the SA map, you would have thought they would be more forthcoming with the assets they previewed during its development, but so far its very sparse on assets from the Falklands war.

I honestly, don't know what to say about the FPS anymore. The ships alone FPS is great. It's only when you add a Player Helicopter. So what is it about the Player Helicopter that's causing the issue? All the ships are created the same.  I also need to look at the flight deck of the ships to see if there are other options I can use.  I will keep researching until we resolve it.

Prcowboy I just saw your input. With that said I will look at how I created the USS America FLightdeck.  However, if you look at the Normandie. There are no FPS issues and her Collision model was created the same as the other ships.  Thanks. I will work on that today. There's always a way.

Thanks, John Day for your Input. John, it appears Maps and Aircraft are more important than ships in DCS. Unfortunately, I'm only one person although there are other modders out that as well that can create them.

At the moment the Adams Class destroyer is still leading the way and the Project 956 Destroyer is in 2nd and Forbin Class Frigate in 3rd Place. 

I can say today USS Fitzgerald DDG-62 is in DCS conducting Sea Trials. For those of you that don't know I was stationed aboard the USS Fitzgerald for five years and completed two Pacific Deployments. So I'm passionate about creating her along with some liveries. Still a WIP!! 

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

I honestly, don't know what to say about the FPS anymore. The ships alone FPS is great. It's only when you add a Player Helicopter. So what is it about the Player Helicopter that's causing the issue? All the ships are created the same.  I also need to look at the flight deck of the ships to see if there are other options I can use.  I will keep researching until we resolve it.

Prcowboy I just saw your input. With that said I will look at how I created the USS America FLightdeck.  However, if you look at the Normandie. There are no FPS issues and her Collision model was created the same as the other ships.  Thanks. I will work on that today. There's always a way.

Thanks, John Day for your Input. John, it appears Maps and Aircraft are more important than ships in DCS. Unfortunately, I'm only one person although there are other modders out that as well that can create them.

At the moment the Adams Class destroyer is still leading the way and the Project 956 Destroyer is in 2nd and Forbin Class Frigate in 3rd Place. 

I can say today USS Fitzgerald DDG-62 is in DCS conducting Sea Trials. For those of you that don't know I was stationed aboard the USS Fitzgerald for five years and completed two Pacific Deployments. So I'm passionate about creating her along with some liveries. Still a WIP!! 

Hi, excellent work Admiral189, I m personaly waithinf for Destroyer Project 956, and Horizon class Frigate 🙂

BREAKING NEWS! The Admiral has SOLVED the FPS LOST ISSUE!

I went back to the old-school way of how we created the AI Ship Collision models. Lately, I have been creating the collision model as just one object. So I used the Fitzgerald as a test platform. The flight deck collision is a separate object. Now DCS is seeing the flight deck as a separate object instead of seeing the entire ship as a collision model. Check the top left corner of the photo below. Prior to me splitting the collision model the FPS was as low as 10. SOLVED!!

I will rework the Lewis Puller Collision model and give you all feedback. Right now I get an FPS of 11 of the Lewis Puller. 

Thanks, Gogi12. So now the Adams Class destroyer is tied with the Sovremenny Class Destroyer. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Numbers don't lie! USS Lewis Puller new collision model FPS Update.  The numbers fluctuate up to an FPS of 82 onboard the USS Lewis Puller.  I will upload the USS Lewis Puller's new Collision model and ship main.lua file. I will let you all know when it's uploaded so you test you can test it. 

With the FPS Lost issue solved I will work backward on some of the Mod collision models.

Thanks, KeyserSoze!! Happy Flying!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks, Marroux! I appreciate that. I'm trying!!

USS Lewis Puller ESB-3 Update Vers 1.0.1  has been uploaded. I hope you all get as good or better FPS as I received. I have my DCS settings set to HIGH. Enjoy Flying! 

Just tested and worked great.  The only issue I found was with Apache.  FPS was fine landing with Apache on majority of deck but if you got close to the ends near the walls it dropped like before.  With the Huey it was fine all over the deck.  No idea why the Apache would be different but in reality its perfectly fine for using the Mod so I wouldn't sweat it.

Excellent work. Thank you.

That's great! Thanks, Keyser.

I tried flying the Apache and it spins like a spinning wheel. So I'm staying away from her. for now  I guess it's best to stay away from the walls on deck as you should unless you want to crash. Thanks for the Feedback.

• Like 1

Afternoon Everyone. I have released the USNS Comfort T-AH-20. Ver 1.0.0. FPS is great so no worries with landing onboard and taking off.

I would like to thank Cattmurry for taking the time to set up the naming convention, flight deck landing, and mod files.  Thanks, I appreciate the assistance. 

You all Enjoy! Thanks for your patience!

USNS Comfort (T-AH-20) is a Mercy-class hospital ship of the United States Navy.

Comfort's duties include providing emergency, on-site care for U.S. combatant forces deployed in war or other operations. Operated by the Military Sealift Command, Comfort provides rapid, flexible, and mobile medical and surgical services to support Marine Corps Air-Ground Task Forces and Army and Air Force units deployed ashore, and naval amphibious task forces and battle forces afloat. Secondarily, she provides mobile surgical hospital service for use by appropriate U.S. government agencies in disaster or humanitarian relief or limited humanitarian care incidents to these missions or peacetime military operations. Comfort is more advanced than a field hospital but less capable than a traditional hospital on land.

USNS-Mercy-T-AH-20.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 7/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, Citizen said:

Outstanding!  I didn't know the Comfort was a converted oil tanker.  I wonder if they ever got the smell out...

Yeah it's interesting to see the photos during the conversions and building of both ships

Any update on the Type 23 Duke class mate?

I'm man down myself, just had an emergency appendectomy on Saturday, and feeling pretty crap

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hey DJ I will be releasing another version of Lewis as I need to re-add the underside of the Flightdeck and also the Flightdeck lighting.

Thanks, Scotty for the Update.

Oban, I will PM you but I'm reworking the model on the HMS Richmond. I don't like the outcome.

Great work again, especially the USNS Comfort !!

May I suggest a naming convention e.g. like currenthills - in your case "a189" as prefix and "versionnumber" as  postfix in filenames??
And also in displaynames ? would make things easier.

• Like 3

Hey Colinflyboy, Unfortunately, I don't.  100% of the models I create are in 3DS Max 2022.

Hey Bemme, thanks for the suggestion but I try to keep the naming convention as close to a real ship's name as possible. If you would like the naming convention and or name changed to a specific way please follow Ggrewe's suggestions below.

Also, guys just keep in mind I'm trying not to copy or emulate Current's work.  Current is a great modder but one thing we don't like doing as modders is copying someone else's work. However, I do speak to him when it comes to weapon scripting and so forth. Also just know I can't cater to everyones suggestions and there seems to be a lot lately. Thanks.

• Like 8

Hi All, I'm looking for a helo livery with Red Cross on the fuselage to put on Admiral's Mercy and Comfort hospital ships. Even static helos will do. Anybody has a pointer for that ? Many thanks ! 😉