ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

On 8/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, Admiral189 said:

RWC I have added dates but yeah if i have an update I can add a new date.  You can see I also add the version. In most cases version 1.0.0 will be the first release but yeah i can do that. No worries.

Sepp66 do you know if that model is available on the web? Also, keep in mind not many models out there have good detail but i will try to create as many as i can.

Admiral Kasatonov Update.  I'm conducting a weapons test now with the new class missile added.  I added the 9M100 surface-to-air missile.  She's coming along well so far. Still much work to do. All a WIP!!

O8xAAcA.png 

gd95kVj.png

RMv5sEO.png

What s about other ships of russian fleet? Will you make them?

On 7/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, Kappa-131st said:

Oh, thank you, very great model!

With the Admiral Gorshkov class frigate and the ED models, we start to make a great Russian's fleet !

Are there any other AI modern russian ships in dcs? Is someone working on them?

10 hours ago, Svelerdijk said:

Are there any other AI modern russian ships in dcs? Is someone working on them?

There is the Ropucha landing ship here (3 model, one type "ship", one type "armored" (for being able to move on the coast line) and one for the refueling).

I think there is some optimisation's work to do, but It work well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

There is the Ropucha landing ship here (3 model, one type "ship", one type "armored" (for being able to move on the coast line) and one for the refueling).

Ou, thanks! Is Admiral making modern russian fleet ships now, am I right?

• Like 1

Oh, can you give the link to download this reworked model?

I find a Buyan class corvett, but i did not test if it work
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/2126105/

Don't see his evolution (Karakurt-class corvette) but there is a beautiful 3D models on the net :
https://www.turbosquid.com/fr/3d-models/karakurt-22800-ships-karakurt-class-3d-model-1437397

In resume :

Cruiser : 
 - Class Kirov : Ok (but old ugly DCS model, need to test the other model, need link)
 - Class Slava : Ok (Moskva dcs model)
Destroyer : 
 - Udaloi : Ok (model by ak47freak)
 - Soveremenny : KO (model who work with Udaloi)
Frigate :
 - Admiral Gorshkov-class : Currently in work, by Admiral189
 - Admiral Grigorovich class : KO (need this model !)
 - Neustrashimyy class : Ok (but old ugly DCS model)
 - Krikav 2 : Ok (but old ugly DCS model)
 - Gepard-class frigate : KO
Corvette :
- Nanuchka-class : KO
- Grisha-V class : Ok (but old ugly DCS model -> Albatros)
- Tarentul-3 (Molnya) : We have two models, one by DCS (with 2x2 MM anti ship moskit), one by Admiral189 (with 4x4 Uran-E antiship missiles instead)
- Steregushchiy : KO (or KO for his evolution, Gremyashchiy)
- Buyan-class : KO
- Karakurt-class : KO
Gunboat : 
- Shmel class KO
Landing  boat : 
- Ropucha-class : OK

--------------------------------------

Wishlist
 - Admiral Grigorovich-class frigate
 - Steregushchiy-class corvette
 - Sovremeney-class destroyer
 - Karakurt-class corvette
 - A rework model of ED (Kirov, Krikav, Neustrashimy and Grisha)
 - And why not, a Shmel, for fluvial assault!

It is a lot!

For information : 
 - Udaloi class is an anti sub destroyer.
 - Soveremenney is an antiship/air destroyer, witch will be replaced by Admiral Gorshkov-class frigate
 - Kirov and Slava class is replaced the very old Kara-class. Will be replaced by lider-class (Shkval) one day
 - Grisha class have many evolution : Steregushchiy class who is succedded by Gremyashchiy. But also Gepard-class frigate.
 - Krikav-class is succeded by Neustrashimyy witch is succeded by Admiral Gorshkov and Admiral Grigorovitch-class
 - Tarentul-3 and Buyan-class corvette replaced Nanuchka-class. And Karakurt-class replaced Buyan-class

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 4

Hey Nick, currently no plans to create those ships. Along with the Admiral, I will be creating a Karakurt class corvette and Grachonok-class patrol boat.  Also, i will be creating two liveries for Admiral Golovko and Admiral Gorshkov. 

Admiral is coming along well. I will be working on the damaged textures next. All weapons have been tested successfully. WIP!! 

3IQK2Nn.png

Zz71EnL.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

I don't think it has collision model so its invulnerable. Not the most useful of mods but it does look nice.

29 minutes ago, Lt.Turbo said:

I don't think it has collision model so its invulnerable. Not the most useful of mods but it does look nice.

Yes, he look like he is on work in progress.

I have tested the Buyan-class corvette, and it doesn't work too. But if Admiral make an Karakurt class corvette, it's better !
An I feel ED will remake his Kirov and other ship for the lauch of Kola's map

Yes, it's still WIP and it will have a damage capability with regard to textures.  It's a pretty good mod. I'm not the original modder but i think they did a pretty good job with the details.

I have uploaded a video of the Admiral in Action on YT!!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 6:37 PM, Admiral189 said:

Hey Nick, currently no plans to create those ships. Along with the Admiral, I will be creating a Karakurt class corvette and Grachonok-class patrol boat.  Also, i will be creating two liveries for Admiral Golovko and Admiral Gorshkov. 

Admiral is coming along well. I will be working on the damaged textures next. All weapons have been tested successfully. WIP!! 

3IQK2Nn.png

Zz71EnL.png

Maybe it will be inetresting?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremyashchiy-class_corvette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steregushchiy-class_corvette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Grigorovich-class_frigate

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Малые_ракетные_корабли_проекта_21631

On 8/5/2022 at 6:30 PM, Kappa-131st said:

Oh, can you give the link to download this reworked model?

I find a Buyan class corvett, but i did not test if it work
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/2126105/

Don't see his evolution (Karakurt-class corvette) but there is a beautiful 3D models on the net :
https://www.turbosquid.com/fr/3d-models/karakurt-22800-ships-karakurt-class-3d-model-1437397

kirov is here

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:35 PM, Admiral189 said:

Yes, it's still WIP and it will have a damage capability with regard to textures.  It's a pretty good mod. I'm not the original modder but i think they did a pretty good job with the details.

Could you share via google drive this WIP for beta testing?

On 8/5/2022 at 10:35 PM, Admiral189 said:

Will it have ship-to-surface Kalibr class missiles for pinpont strike? Not only antiship version, but analogue of Tomahawk.

Also I have an opinion about ship developement. We should focus on expanding and improving sea weapon systems, not just new ship models. 

1) South Korea short range ballistic missiles laucnhed from U boats. Just scud, easy to do.

2) "Zirkon" next gen russian hypersonic missile for Kasatonov klass vessels for pinpoint and AntiShip strikes.

3) NSM (Norway), Neptune (Ukraine), Bastion (Onyx) (Russia) antiship missile systems. 

4) Salvo launch mode for P-500 and P-700 missiles. Single missiles were not indended to be used originally. 

As for now, current sea arsenal looks quite poor. No promt strike possibilites.

Edited by tripod3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Bad news for perfectionsts. Noticed that Kirov has two white supporting legs - 3D model has been made from plastic modell.  

Aloha,

This version of the kirov is the creation of Markindle...
We bow our heads in front of the master's work as a sign of respect.

• Like 5

On 7/13/2022 at 10:08 PM, Admiral189 said:

Hello Mac D,

Whenever you hear us say, Lua or Lau source File in Notebook ++. I am speaking about the two main files required for mods to function in DCS. All the mods we create have an entry.Lua and a Shipsname.Lua within the mod folder. A sample of the entry.Lua is below.  The entry file gets the mod in DCS.

The Shipsname.Lua tells the DCS game engine to make the mod function in DCS. It also tells the ship to shoot its weapons. All weapons, control Ships' speed, radar, and propeller rotation. It also recognizes the type of ship which is very important. 

One missed comma, equal sign, dash, etc; will stop the mod from appearing in DCS.  When a mod doesn't appear in DCS. Check the LUA Files.  Also, certain weapons will not function on all ships. So example. Some Chinese weapons will not function on an American or Russian ship and vice versa.  That will also make a mod not appear in DCS. Wrong weapons!!  Some vehicle weapons do work on ships.  We learn by Trial and error. A lot of errors!! 

One wish I have! I wish it was possible to test the weapons of a mod without having to always go in and out of the game 10 times lol. 

entry.lua 1.15 kB · 7 downloads

• Thanks 1