TGP Undesignate

noisy_lightning

I don't get a lot of time to play these days so could a kind person(s) help me better understand the TGP and undesignate since the major update a couple of months ago.

I have watched Wags video on it. And I understand that the NSW/Undesignate button will now return the pod to snowplough mode. This function used to be carried out by the Cage/Uncage button but I believe cage/uncage now stows the pod.

My question is related primarily to JDAMs and other GPS guided munitions. When I assign a target to a JDAM using the TGP in TOO mode, the lat/long is entered on the MSN page. However if I undesignate a target the pod returns to snowplough mode and I lose the target area. I am also unable to assign new location to a second weapon or the second TOO profile.

Is there a new method of TGT Undesignate because I can't imagine this is by design, so I must be doing something wrong?

Edited by noisy_lightning

i believe the JDAMS are glitched. i personally never use them. but i do use an occasional JSOW. so in TOO you can slew and designate target. when you double quick press of nws / undesignate the FLIR cycles through modes. losing the first target. i have not seen a way to get it to snap to the original target. unless WPDSG or VVSL.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I think I know what you mean. You want to give TOO target to one JDAM and then do it to the next without losing your TGP's track of the ground.

I think the answer is to leave the TGP tracking and providing a target designation as you switch to the second JDAM and let it overwrite coords. Then move TGP to new location and let those new coords supply to the second bomb. Only after all bombs have coords then undesignate and drop the JDAMs with their saved coords.

I think I know what you mean. You want to give TOO target to one JDAM and then do it to the next without losing your TGP's track of the ground.

I think the answer is to leave the TGP tracking and providing a target designation as you switch to the second JDAM and let it overwrite coords. Then move TGP to new location and let those new coords supply to the second bomb. Only after all bombs have coords then undesignate and drop the JDAMs with their saved coords.

Yes, this. The tutorial videos online all call for undesignate after each target is given to a bomb. But doing this recalls the pod to snowplough mode. I will give your procedure a test tonight.

@silverdevil thanks, I will try it with JSOW rather than JDAM.

The whole JADAM/JSOW TOO situation will get a lot easier and much more realistic when we finally get markpoints. So undesignating before dropping multiple JDAMs does not mean you have to search for the TOOs again for observing the impacts (BDA). The work around to read the coordinates from the JDAM page and manually create waypoints is effective but very unhandy for more than 2 targets. I'm glad markpoints are on the recent WIP list. Can't wait.