E&F Maverick, TPOD help

nima2014

Hello everyone,

I’m having an issue if I have loaded an E MAV and a F MAV together with the TPOD. With this loadout the E MAV locks onto the designated target but it remains crossed out in the HUD, so no firing solution. I’m in range and the laser is firing as well. This happens to me with both lasing methods, manual and auto. If I switch then to the F MAV’s, it doesn’t lock the same target as I have selected with the TOP and also the FOV button, neither on the stick nor the line select key does work. So I tried it the other way, first the F then the E AGM but I’m getting the same results. I’ve read some threads regarding the wrong lock with the F MAV and the TPOD but haven’t found anything in conjunction with the laser Mavericks. Am I doing something wrong or does this need to get moved into the bug section?!

Cheers

That's odd... a basic short track file with only you and one or two other units could be less than 1MB.

Obvious question.. are you in A/G master mode when selecting MAVs?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Are you locking target with TDC depress. Are you in point track on the sensor control switch ? Sensor control switch right has 3 positions. Make sure you uncaged the Mav.

GazAce has some really good tutorial videos that help me nail the shhht out of them targets

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

That's odd... a basic short track file with only you and one or two other units could be less than 1MB.

Obvious question.. are you in A/G master mode when selecting MAVs?

well, I was using the same mission as before, so a lot of units in the mission, maybe that's why. I thought the trackfile size is in relationship to the time the mission lasts, that's why I was putting a hot air start hornet in, to reduce time but my bad :music_whistling:

sometimes the A/G master mode is selected before I'm selecting the mav's and sometimes the AGM's will be selected first.....does it make a difference?

Are you locking target with TDC depress. Are you in point track on the sensor control switch ? Sensor control switch right has 3 positions. Make sure you uncaged the Mav.

GazAce has some really good tutorial videos that help me nail the shhht out of them targets

yes, I'm locking the target with TDC depress regarding the TPOD.

No, I'm not in Point track and not in Area track mode.

The first Mav uncages by itself once the SCS is selected to the MAV display, the second one I need to press the uncage button on the stick, but to sum up, yes, the mav's are uncaged.

Thanks for the hint, I'll look after it :thumbup: