LTD/R with no LAser Weapons

bonesvf103

Is it not possible to use the LTD/R to sday buddy lase for someone if you yourself are not carrying laser weapons? Everytime I throw the switch, the solenoid throws it back off so I can't lase. I'm not carrying any laser weapons, just the LITENING.

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Thanks but master arm was on and I couldn't even get a "Trigger" option to show up on the MFD because to get that LTD/R has to be in the arm position, and it won't stay there.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

1. warm up TPOD

2. master arm to ARM

3. set AG mode

4. LTD/R switch to ARM (it should stay latch now)

5. open FLIR page on DDI or AMPCD of choice

6. set desired laser code

014.thumb.png.e44acbe4b7bf010e3e6166f7cc77c7e1.png

- the code on your pod has to match the code on the weapon your buddy is using

- the pod has two places to punch in a laser code LTDC to set the code you Tpod will fire and LSTC the code you Tpod will look for use LTDC

- Press UFC on FLIR page

- Press LTDC on UFC make sure you see the Colon ( : ) next to LTDC

- type in desired code

- press enter

7. on the top right of the FLIR page you should now see the Trigger option pop up select it

8. find you target

9. press and HOLD your trigger to fire you laser you need to hold down the trigger to keep the laser on until weapon impact

Edited by squid509

Have you tried placing the switch to "safe" and then to "arm"?

I've had a similar problem where I couldn't get the switch to the armed position. Flipping it to "safe" first, solved it for me.

Posted the issue a long time ago here

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Switch to A/G mode.

I was not in AG mode--perhaps that was it.

Will try again and check to be sure, thanks!

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103