Can not see pages in \Kneeboard folder

SMN

After created Kneeboard folder in Mods\terrains\Syria\ and putted there pages - can not see these pages in Kneeboard (RShift +K)

In another maps - all see

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

+1 .. I wanted to place these airfield Diagrams on the Map's Kneeboard, but the Sim does not display them:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311946/

Hopefully it can be fixed, thanks.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It may be worth trying if it works as a JPG. I have heard this recently but we have been running the PNG's successfully on our server and personally I use them on an IPAD so I havent noticed an issue. If they need to be JPG I can convert.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

It may be worth trying if it works as a JPG. I have heard this recently but we have been running the PNG's successfully on our server and personally I use them on an IPAD so I havent noticed an issue. If they need to be JPG I can convert.

Ok, i will try it out tomorrow and then let you know how it went :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

It may be worth trying if it works as a JPG. I have heard this recently but we have been running the PNG's

I tryed both formats of pictures (JPG, PNG) - it not works

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Gents....as I am not a crack importing kneeboard additions I decided to use kneeboardbuilder for DCS (free). Right now after 10 min reading the manual while installing the neat little program I was able to import Shu´s pdf, create a custom kneeboard together with the aircraft specific one and ALL showed up ingame as intended. And it works as well with the other files (for VR users)

Conclusion: nothing wrong with his charts....just use kneeboardbuilder and RTFM.

LINK: http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

Cheers Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I’d you’re using pngs, do remember to ensure the file type is lower case .png. as DCS is case sensitive

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Gents....as I am not a crack importing kneeboard additions I decided to use kneeboardbuilder for DCS (free). Right now after 10 min reading the manual while installing the neat little program I was able to import Shu´s pdf, create a custom kneeboard together with the aircraft specific one and ALL showed up ingame as intended. And it works as well with the other files (for VR users)

Conclusion: nothing wrong with his charts....just use kneeboardbuilder and RTFM.

LINK: http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

Cheers Willy

I about difference kneeboard pages for each map, not for aircraft !

• Like 1

I’d you’re using pngs, do remember to ensure the file type is lower case .png. as DCS is case sensitive

I using .png !

In another maps this works OK! Only on Syria not work. I tryed put release version kneeboard pages from another maps (for example) to Syria - can not see...

Edited by SMN

I suspect the issue is that Kneeboards are not implemented yet for the map, but if you add them to an Aircraft it will work. My understanding is DCS uses the Aircraft Kneeboards then the theatre then the Mission or vice versa. We've used the same file type/export process happily for missions on PG and Syria for Multiplayer so I dont believe its the file format.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

That said I have updated the file format to be .png from .PNG to assist.

cw1.png

I suspect the issue is that Kneeboards are not implemented yet for the map

It's more like this :(

@SMN

Maybe I do not get your issue..... with kneeboardbuilder I can easily implement "default kneeboard" (i.e. what ED puts in there or for example the specific checklists of an aircraft or whatever a multiplayer server host provides for the session) TOGETHER with my "custom kneeboard" (here Shu´s Syria charts) displayed ingame on my kneeboard while sitting in the F18C for example. Shu´s stuff shows right after the default stuff... so no prob for me. I do not see Caucasus airfield charts while flying Syria.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

After created Kneeboard folder in Mods\terrains\Syria\ and putted there pages - can not see these pages in Kneeboard (RShift +K)

In another maps - all see

It is not working for me either. I think that it may not be implemented. You may have to use the individual aircraft Kneeboard folder in Saved games for now.

@SMN

Maybe I do not get your issue..... with kneeboardbuilder I can easily implement "default kneeboard" (i.e. what ED puts in there or for example the specific checklists of an aircraft or whatever a multiplayer server host provides for the session) TOGETHER with my "custom kneeboard" (here Shu´s Syria charts) displayed ingame on my kneeboard while sitting in the F18C for example. Shu´s stuff shows right after the default stuff... so no prob for me. I do not see Caucasus airfield charts while flying Syria.

I think this is because youre adding the kneeboards to an aircraft rather than the map. I think there may have been an issue with the capitalisation of .PNG on my first set of files but that should be corrected now, so you should just be able to drop the .png files into the same location and they will work

cw1.png

KB is a great tool, but it can only do three things:

1) Add KB special pages to DCS default kneeboard (the one that shows maps with your position on it).

2) Add KB pages to individual aircraft's kneeboards.

3) Add KB pages to individual Missions.

Unfortunately, it can't add KB pages to individual Maps, also it can't replace any of DCS included kneeboards (default or aircraft's kneeboards).

Here we are clearly in front of a bug of the new Syria Map, and hopefully this thread will be acknowledged by the developers soon.

I've added KBs into my missions for Syria without any issues.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Here we are clearly in front of a bug of the new Syria Map, and hopefully this thread will be acknowledged by the developers soon.

:thumbup:

I've added KBs into my missions for Syria without any issues.

The Kneeboard content comes from several sources .. I'd love for ED to implement a tabbed interface for the kneeboard, that way the origin of the KB content would be much clearer:

- Pages from DCS default kneeboard (usually a Map of the mission path).

- Pages from the Aircraft Module's Kneeboard (not every Modele has it=

- Pages from the Map Kneeboard (usually airfields charts, currently only Caucasus and Nevada have them, but users can add them to the other Maps (except Syria))

- Pages from the user's Saved Games kneeboard (separated by aircraft)

- Pages from the .MIZ file that we are currently flying.

:thumbup:

- Pages from the Map Kneeboard (usually airfields charts, currently only Caucasus and Nevada have them, but users can add them to the other Maps (except Syria))

(except Syria) :(:( This point very important for me! I hope to fix this by the developers.

To be precise. I have created a couple of missions on the Syrian map. Edited the miz files and added a kneeboard folder into the miz file with screenshots for pages including airfield frequencies, SAM data etc

To be precise. I have created a couple of missions on the Syrian map. Edited the miz files and added a kneeboard folder into the miz file with screenshots for pages including airfield frequencies, SAM data etc

Just curious, what does the folder hierarchy look like?

cw1.png

• 8 months later...