Map quick toggle on hotas

DMS forward long on the TAD, has anyone figured out what the quick map toggle does. I figured it would cycle through the map options of off, auto, and man. I don’t see anything happening when I dms forward long. Am I missing something here or is this function not operational yet? Thank you!

It’s been addressed already, in numerous posts and been reported to the team, along with other issues regarding TAD.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Perhaps Ziptie could provide a link to the answer he alludes to or expand on his reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Perhaps Ziptie could provide a link to the answer he alludes to or expand on his reply.

It’s been addressed in terms of not functioning, not the functionality.

Speculation from me is that it will toggle max range display of the TAD - but not confirmed by an official source.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Mmmm my common sense indicates that given the name of the function will toggle on off the display of the overlaying map in the TAD (The color map). But I could be totally wrong of course.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4518428&postcount=8

Cheers,

Ziptie

So as it is to zoom in for 500 x 500 meters on SPI position, does this mean we will receive the proper modern TAMMAC maps with higher resolution digital map data, 3D height map with sun direction and so on?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So as it is to zoom in for 500 x 500 meters on SPI position, does this mean we will receive the proper modern TAMMAC maps with higher resolution digital map data, 3D height map with sun direction and so on?

Probably not

The TAD QuickMap feature switches the view on the TAD map display from the current map scale, range scale, and centered

mode to a custom defined map/range scale and centered mode via DMS-FWD/LONG.

Quick Map settings can be defined using A/W/E and defined/modified using the TAD Map Settings Page.

Once activated OSBs 6 and 20 are highlighted in yellow reverse video to indicate that Quick Map is active.

The display will remain in the quick map mode until DMS-FWD/LONG is commanded again, and then return to the TADmap settings prior to activating Quick Map.

OSBs 6 and 20 will no longer be highlighted in yellow reverse video.

I'm not sure it's implemented

Edited by magman