DCS Su-30MK MOD

1 hour ago, Abanamat85 said:

oh so that's what it was

for me the ships didn't appear, kept getting such errors in the log specific to various weapons
woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found

had to reinstall the game

problem is yet in our MOD, you need to remove other old MODs and try

Edited by freebirddz

MOD Logo - 100.png

5 hours ago, freebirddz said:

problem is yet in our MOD, you need to remove other old MODs and try

which mod to remove, the Current Hill mod pack or the Su-30MK_SFM v2.1.12b?
There does appear to be some sort of incompatibility between the two, the issue occurred again when installing both.

--Edit, from logfile:

2023-12-30 23:27:55.767 INFO    APP (Main): MissionSpawn:spawnShips 0
2023-12-30 23:27:55.772 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Steregushchiy_100_AA
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 WARNING LOG (46792): 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Karakurt_76_HE
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 INFO    APP (Main): MissionSpawn:spawnShips 80
2023-12-30 23:27:55.776 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Visby_12_7_BRSPRJ

Edited by Abanamat85

4 minutes ago, Abanamat85 said:

which mod to remove, the Current Hill mod pack or the Su-30MK_SFM v2.1.12b?
There does appear to be some sort of incompatibility between the two, the issue occurred again when installing both.

--Edit, from logfile:

2023-12-30 23:27:55.767 INFO    APP (Main): MissionSpawn:spawnShips 0
2023-12-30 23:27:55.772 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Steregushchiy_100_AA
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 WARNING LOG (46792): 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Karakurt_76_HE
2023-12-30 23:27:55.775 INFO    APP (Main): MissionSpawn:spawnShips 80
2023-12-30 23:27:55.776 ERROR   woShip (Main): Failed to create ship: Descriptor not found weapons.shells.Visby_12_7_BRSPRJ

What is the problem ? Are you still using the Su30MK_SFM v2.1.12b with the Su-30 (V2.7.3b)? if yes, that's the problem...

I'm still using the last version of the Su30 mod with the latest version of currenthill mod (russian pack)....without problems...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flag02004 said:

What is the problem ? Are you still using the Su30MK_SFM v2.1.12b with the Su-30 (V2.7.3b)? if yes, that's the problem...

I'm still using the last version of the Su30 mod with the latest version of currenthill mod (russian pack)....without problems...

I'm using Su30MK_SFM v2.1.12b along with

- Current Hill Military Asset Packs

- Su-35S_2.7_sfm

- Military and Civil Aircraft Mod

- Community F-22A Mod Version II

Edit: found the discord page with the later version.
Ah, its not compatible with that Su-35 mod. 
Yep, removing the Su-35 mod fixed the issue.

Edited by Abanamat85

13 hours ago, CommandT said:

Hi all, I need some help.

I can't seem to launch DCS with the Su-30 (V2.7.3b) mod. As soon as I take it out of the mods folder, DCS boots up fine. I'm using the latest OB multithreading version. 

Anyone else have this issue?

For anyone interested, I solved this problem by removing the Su-35 mod. 

• Thanks 1

I've noticed the tail fins on the mod are wrong geometrically compared to real-life. I thought something looked funny as soon as I downloaded the mod but now after doing some analysis compared to real life it's fairly obvious the fins are just plain wrong. Fin chord at the bottom is too short - needs to extend past the elevons significantly, and it doesn't in the mod, the rudder extension plates in real life taper and stick out significantly more at the bottom in real life, and the tails are too tall (obvious when looking at the distance between the top edge of the rudder  and the marked/ painted part of the tail fin. Are the developers aware of these obvious discrepancies?

Edited by CommandT

This is a surprisingly good free mod. The super maneuverability part feels so visceral in VR. 

Two feedback things if I may:

1. I like that you included a pilot body even if low detail. All AAA devs should take note. We don't need a sculpted pilot model 5 years after the release but a low detail pilot model day one of release! However if possible to reduce the size of the model by say 5%? The position of the camera so you can see the HUD makes the view point somewhere at the base of the neck. Moving the camera up makes the HUD impossible to view. Also it seems to be a hard stop while moving the camera view point backwards. You can't move it by key commands over some limit but you can move it by real ly moving backwards in real life than saving the view point with RAlt+Num0.

2. I am a non engineer but I noticed the plane flies for a while crooked after using the thrust vectoring and also the landings are a little difficult to keep straight as rudder seems... jumpy? Maybe is my bad flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 12/30/2023 at 10:44 AM, freebirddz said:

yep

Rudder control feels completely manual in some situations, it seems fbw doesnt have an effect visually either.   Crosswind landings needs too much rudder correction like ww2 aircrafts.  

Formation flights almost impossible during turns, rudders does not assist controls to keep level of flight.   

Definitely needs more practice to fly but rudder controls seems having issues. 

Edited by archer86

7 hours ago, archer86 said:

Rudder control feels completely manual in some situations, it seems fbw doesnt have an effect visually either.   Crosswind landings needs too much rudder correction like ww2 aircrafts.  

Formation flights almost impossible during turns, rudders does not assist controls to keep level of flight.   

Definitely needs more practice to fly but rudder controls seems having issues. 

hello, try to add some  deadzone to all axis

1 hour ago, JZF said:

Good morning,

I just played the latest version of Su-30SM but I cannot control the radar cursor position...Why? How to solve this?

Thank you!

try to clean you input config,

Savedgames/dcs/config/input delete any Su30 relate folder

MOD Logo - 100.png

I have recently stopped loading ships from Supercarrier and many other land and sea objects. If the mod SU-30m V2.1.12 beta delete, then everything works fine. Tried to delete all available unofficial mods, updated DCS by checking the integrity of files and nothing helps. What is it, incompatibility mod c the latest DCS updates. or maybe there is a newer version of your mod? I can not understand the problem. On the forum write about incompatibility with other mods, but I'm trying to run clean. What do you advise, it is a pity mod such a beautiful delete, I would not want to the last.

2 hours ago, pavelpilot said:

I have recently stopped loading ships from Supercarrier and many other land and sea objects. If the mod SU-30m V2.1.12 beta delete, then everything works fine. Tried to delete all available unofficial mods, updated DCS by checking the integrity of files and nothing helps. What is it, incompatibility mod c the latest DCS updates. or maybe there is a newer version of your mod? I can not understand the problem. On the forum write about incompatibility with other mods, but I'm trying to run clean. What do you advise, it is a pity mod such a beautiful delete, I would not want to the last.

Hello, our last version is 2.7.3b you need to update

MOD Logo - 100.png

13 hours ago, freebirddz said:

hello, try to add some  deadzone to all axis

I already set 5 deadzone for all axis before tests.   The issue is, rudder does not assist my control inputs unlike su-33 and 27.  

Rudders seems has no connection with aileron and elevator.     

Just try to fly close formation with an ai aircraft, it is really hard to stay close during turns.  

I also test refueling mods for fine tunings but it didnt help either.

Edited by archer86

4 minutes ago, archer86 said:

I already set 5 deadzone for all axis before tests.   The issue is, rudder does not assist my control inputs unlike su-33 and 27.  

Rudders seems has no connection with aileron and elevator.     

Just try to fly close formation with an ai aircraft, it is really hard to stay close during turns.  

I also test refueling mods for fine tunings but this also didnt help to follow ai during turns.

then try to clean INPUT folder : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bgK-ELVgm63KD8uzIFaB7uYUtGmx_zpH/view

MOD Logo - 100.png