HDR/Bloom lighting mod

bramski

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i am very sorry to ask if it has been told several times before (chance is it has), but i fly with 1280x1024 and i read on the first page that it was like that. Did anyone fix this?

It is so many posts to read so hoping some of you kind souls have the info on this as it looks awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I hope i understood you right. The mod remembers the first resolution it "stores" it so you are unable to change it later. So the solution i think is to place the mod files in some temp folder, change resolution and return them back. I fly in 1440*900 with this mod and have no problems

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Thanks mate!

Before i read your post i tried to change the resolution in the graphics.cfg and it worked. But the loading screen looks funny though and the "start fly" window is a bit off. But it works.

Will test your idea as well. Thanks a lot. :)

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

When changing the resolution don't forget to change aspect also. When playing in 1280*1024 i had aspect set to 1.3. In 1440*900 i changed it to 1.6 and every thing worked fine

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

I missed that update Exelsior thanks for filling me in. Here's the DX9 version for any of the Black Shark beta testers that would like to try and play around with it. Hopefully all the features should work, like colour saturation, motion blur, ambient occlusion and hopefully the water and shadows too. Im not saying they will all work because they don't all work in rFactor or GTR2 but it's worth a try for the colour saturation at least.

Well I got this to work in BlackShark... not very well yet, it will take some tinkering.

I unzipped into the bin/stable folder, and then had to press shift f12 in game to start it up...It is an FPS HOG!!! read: halved my FPS.

Not sure its gonna be worth it, but will tinker with it more tommorrow.

Thanks again for the link!!

:pilotfly:

Any screens of new mod in BS?

For some unknown reason the screenies I took did not show up in the screenshot folder; However give me a bit and I'll post a vid on youtube.

Here ya go, excuse the poor excuse of a video, next one will be much better.

Notice I turn the mod on at the start of the vid... my fps drops 15 from that, and 5-10 from fraps, which halves my 40-50 frames!! ouch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26PuRQnnXA

Edited by crazysundog

Intel Core2Duo E8500

EVGA Nforce 750i FTW Edition MoBo

EVGA Nvidia GTX260 [Core216] Superclocked Videocard

2 x 2GB of Kingston Ram @ 1066MHz

all run by a 750 watt PSU

I'm running Vista 64bit Ultimate. Oh, and no overclocking right now!!

Edited by crazysundog

Can you share your .ini file?

I cant remember what .ini i was using for that vid, and I havent tweaked it to suit me just yet (been too busy this last week)

I suggest using the intensive one, and changing a few things to balance between intensive and soft...

BTW, i discovered by turning off everything but the bloom, I'm only getting a hit of 5fps.

Gonna work on this some more tonight.

Post some screens when you finish! Can't wait to see the result!

So here's my current .ini file... should be close to where i keep it. I will probably turn bloom off for the darker, rainer missions, but keep the mod activated as it gives a rich, dark colour to BS.

[ATTACH]21893[/ATTACH]

I cannot get any screens to upload for some reason?

I'm trying to upload a quick vid of a couple OH-58's blowing away a convoy; hopefully I can get it onto youtube before i leave for work. This mod is amazing: Really hard to capture with Fraps, my FPS is 25% better without fraps running, so if you see some stuttering, keep that in mind. Maybe I can set affinity to different cores... anybody have any suggestions on making movies... I capture by saving a track first.

Here's a vid of HDR working in BlackShark.... It's subtle, and like I said before, I use this mod more for the colour it gives...

I'll post a vid later of the Ka50, with maybe a little more bloom.

I have opened a new thread in the DCS BlackShark Mod forum provided;

Cheers!

Edited by crazysundog

nobody can..

Guys..

if you set this (red highlighted)

BloomPowerDay=10

to 7 the bloom is much more acceptable levels without losing the effect

And i noticed that if you use "nv4_disp.dll" as renderer instead of lockon's default, effects are much more "sharp?" dont know the word in english exactly.. but better...

Edit: I use LCD monitor. Dont know the effect on CRT

G'day all,I just started playing with this mod(which is bloody fantastic btw!)and this caught my eye as the only down side to it that i can find is that it tends to"soften"the whole picture a bit,I can certainly live with this but if there is a way to fix it then I'd love to try it.

This sounds like it may address the problem but I'm very much a noob at this stuff and this looks one of those things that could be trickier then it looks so if anyone knows what Yeniceri means by this any advice would be most welcome :D

thanks in advance

Edited by skarden

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

After trying for several times, I get the following screenshots with which I think I am happy. I have to say it is a very subjective feeling, so it is not surprising that many people have different opinions

ScreenShot1.thumb.jpg.7536ba22aff53953b4b253ef683e59bb.jpg

ScreenShot2.thumb.jpg.5f1a77e3ff363ea01b5730b65500b8d2.jpg

ScreenShot3.thumb.jpg.b9c687e67d96689a21b6fbfb296a0f39.jpg

ScreenShot4.thumb.jpg.6c6b6ab2bc403be923c24f799acc2e9a.jpg

Edited by bluestone

• 2 years later...
After trying for several times, I get the following screenshots with which I think I am happy. I have to say it is a very subjective feeling, so it is not surprising that many people have different opinions

What file and values did you use? Look pretty good.

Edited by Wartski

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7