AIM-7MH with FOX-3 capabilty?

Hello - I was doing some multiplayer Fox 1 practice in the Mirage and I seemed to encounter a bug. I was flying in the Mirage against a friend who was in the F-15C. In a couple of our fights, we would Fox on each other at around the same time but my missile would hit first (the 530D has a lot of energy). I assume this meant that the missile he fired would lose track, but it would still hit me. It seems like the track file is still generating, but I have a Tacview file which seems to point to the conclusion that the MH is still able to track after its host is killed. I will attach it to this post. One example of this should be at about 04:54:34. It is between Aero (me) and Kester. Ignore the other F-16.

Disclaimer: This is my first time posting to the forums so I am sorry in advance if I didn't include some info in this post.

Tacview-20201017-174858-DCS-FOX 1.zip.zip

Edited by Aero_Shrek

did you have ECM on?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

did you have ECM on?

Because then, the missile would have switched to Home on Jam (HOJ) mode, meaning it would use your ECM emissions to guide itself on.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Educational and a good reminder not to just leave on ECM.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I didn't realize the MH had that capability. I think I was jamming. Thanks

However, the way HoJ is modeled in game is that the missile will fly pure pursuit instead of PN, resulting in very low probability of hit.

The other issue is that the way that 'radar/missile memory' is modeled seems to effectively act as if illumination continue for 3-4 seconds after lock actually drops for any reason whatsoever ... so don't count on care-free escapes if you're not outside this margin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda