Tutorial: Steam Gauge Navigation: ILS

There's a 2nd new tutorial on my site: "Steam Gauge Navigation: ILS (Instrument Landing System)". This tutorial introduces you to landing in conditions of reduced visibility relying solely on the airbase's ILS (Instrument Landing System) and your cockpit gauges. Since we are in an Su-25, no HUD cues are present. We rely primarily on the ADI and HSI to guide us safely down. You'll find it on the Flight Basics page at Flankertraining.com.

Download Size: 91.1 MB Runtime: 13:11. In addition to the tutorial, the download package includes: Script in Word and TXT format, FC PFD Manual (Eng), and Practice Mission.

Enjoy.

Rich

• Like 6

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Awesome work as usual, huge thanks. But I admit this is way tense, lol. But that’s where the fun is.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Thanks, guys. :)

...But I admit this is way tense...

I find it very tense, as well. And, also, very disorienting whenever you look outside the cockpit. THat's why I suggest keeping your head down until the very end.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Now add an engine failure to the mix and a go around at minima and a few screaming pax in the back and ATC telling you to hurry up due to the Heavy fast approaching on your six!

:badmood:

Nice tutorial though as always!

Thanks, guys. :)

I find it very tense, as well. And, also, very disorienting whenever you look outside the cockpit. THat's why I suggest keeping your head down until the very end.

Rich

• Like 1

Now add an engine failure to the mix and a go around at minima and a few screaming pax in the back and ATC telling you to hurry up due to the Heavy fast approaching on your six!

:badmood:

Nice tutorial though as always!

What the phrr... did you learn Mugutu?

Take it easy on your five, just ignore the heavy task.

Honestly.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Fantastic Rich! Top Notch as usual!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Always a pleasure to watch your tutorials Ironhand. Rep inbound..!

Although this one brought me right back to VVS504th Cadet training, and smudge's "let's all land our frog's in zero visibility and sidewind" check-flights..! (..dreaming..)

Those were the days... c",)

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]