F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

On 4/1/2023 at 2:42 PM, Nightstorm said:

The last version of MT seemed to fix issues with running the mods that were broken before 2.8.3.38090.  I'm not using the stock version of the F22 mod but nothing was changed with the cockpit model.  If you're messing around with THIS add on to that, it requires the base mod to be installed first and then it installs over it.

Thanks - it turns out the mistake was on my end. I thought I had already re-installed the original mod after upgrading DCS, but obviously I didn't. I did now and it's working like a charm again 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gman066 said:

Hi NightStorm,

is this mod thread safe? finding crash in dcs-mt version.

thanks.

The last OB release fixed a lot of the issues with mods crashing.  This add-on mod was fixed in that last release as well.

• Like 1

Made some tweaks this afternoon.  Adjusted loft of AIM-120C-7, AIM-120D and AIM-120D-2 to 1.5 from 3.0 (Stock was 4.5).  This seems to have also helped with missiles impacting your own aircraft as stated above.

Increased range of AIM-120D-2 to 130nm maximum.  Added AIM-120D-3.  Based on information from the launch last summer, no changes to propulsion but battery life increased by 30 seconds.  Maximum range 160nm.  (This is the range limit of the RADAR, so really no point in it being further.)

That is also under absolute IDEAL circumstances.  High altitude, high speed, nose hot, fast bandit.  My testing was at 40k feet co-altitude with a pair of Tu-22M's closing at Mach 1.6 with my Raptor at Mach 1.8.  So, Mach 3.4 closure, RADAR STT lock at 160nm, flight time of the AIM-120D-3 was 150 seconds before impact.  Missiles also tested in TWS mode.  Missiles lofted to nearly 90k feet.

Increased range of AIM-260A to the same 160nm.  Same results except the flight time was 165 seconds before impact and missiles lofted to about 60k feet.

Both Single Player and external weapons add on updated in first post.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 4

I made some adjustments to the battery life (in seconds) of the missiles I've added based on the ED stock 120C-5 and some educated guesses.

120C-6 = 100 (same as C-5), 120C-7 = 120, 120D-1 = 150, 120D-2 = 150, 120D-3 = 180, 260A = 180.

Updated both Single Player and external weapons in first post.

2 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I made some adjustments to the battery life (in seconds) of the missiles I've added based on the ED stock 120C-5 and some educated guesses.

120C-6 = 100 (same as C-5), 120C-7 = 120, 120D-1 = 150, 120D-2 = 150, 120D-3 = 180, 260A = 180.

Updated both Single Player and external weapons in first post.

The real F-22A has JDAMs, so will you add JDAMs to this mod? Of course, you can dumb drop them, but is there a way to make them guided like in Ukraine?

4 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

The real F-22A has JDAMs, so will you add JDAMs to this mod? Of course, you can dumb drop them, but is there a way to make them guided like in Ukraine?

Not with the current avionics.  I've added several bombs already, but they're added in as AIM-7F sparrow's that don't have a motor.  At least as far as the avionics are concerned.  

If there's a way to add GPS guidance to the F-15C avionics, I don't know what it is.  Others are working on methods of moving away from those avionics.  If that happens, who knows what can be accomplished.  

Just now, Nightstorm said:

Not with the current avionics.  I've added several bombs already, but they're added in as AIM-7F sparrow's that don't have a motor.  At least as far as the avionics are concerned.  

If there's a way to add GPS guidance to the F-15C avionics, I don't know what it is.  Others are working on methods of moving away from those avionics.  If that happens, who knows what can be accomplished.  

Spino's F-15EX mod has an air-to-ground mode so you can consult that maybe?

1 minute ago, Nightstorm said:

Possibly, I'm not sure what he's done to make it work.  He has JDAMS working?  How do you input coordinates?  

No, he actually has an air-to-ground mode where you can select and CCIP drop the bombs. IDK how the Ukrainians have gotten it working without the avionics, but if they reveal it you can take that approach.

Further testing with changes I made to the battery life were pretty good.  I've tested the missiles in most regimes.  Short, medium, long ranges.  They seem to be working pretty well.

I've added an AN/APG-77 AESA RADAR in a new sensors.lua file.  The characteristics are based on publicly available information and the limitations that currently exist in the F-15C avionics.  

Max range is 160nm, azimuth and elevation 120 degrees.

The RADAR works for both player, wingman and AI and is detected by RWR.

Both Single Player and External weapons archives updated.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Nightstorm, I really enjoy the mod but just had one question. Is there a way to have the single player variant but with the standard/stock cannon? I prefer the full tracer and stock cannon but I like everything else from the single player version. Also having my AIM-9's flying into my flying path. Thanks

Hi, i'm loving the mod, but recently, when starting some missions, I've been having problems firing the AIM-120D's and 260's . Sometimes the missile itself hits the fighter. The release commands are configured according to the mod's own instructions

Hi I'm brand new to this and just love this mod. I'm just wondering if someone can help me out. The throttle works but in the cockpit the model of the throttle doesn't move. It stays at idle. I increase and decrease and the model stays at idle no matter what. Any help would be much appreciated 

On 4/8/2023 at 3:11 PM, I_GET_THAT said:

Hey Nightstorm, I really enjoy the mod but just had one question. Is there a way to have the single player variant but with the standard/stock cannon? I prefer the full tracer and stock cannon but I like everything else from the single player version. Also having my AIM-9's flying into my flying path. Thanks

You can select the ammo type in the lower right of the mission editor.  The options are:

_("HEI High Explosive Incendiary"),
            _("HEI-T - High Explosive Incendiary-Tracer (Yellow)"),
            _("HEI-T - High Explosive Incendiary-Tracer (Red)"),    
            _("SAPHEI - High Explosive Armor Piercing"),
            _("SAPHEI-T - High Explosive Armor Piercing-Tracer"),
            _("AP - Armor Piercing"),
            _("TP Target Practice"),
            _("TP-T - Target Practice-Tracer"),

I'm not sure what you mean by stock cannon.  Sounds or damage.  The damage is controlled by mass and that's defined in shells descriptions and commented near the top of the F22.lua file.  You can change those values back if you want.  The sound effect for the gun is in the sounds folder, you could simply delete it.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:30 PM, Fe301 said:

Hi, i'm loving the mod, but recently, when starting some missions, I've been having problems firing the AIM-120D's and 260's . Sometimes the missile itself hits the fighter. The release commands are configured according to the mod's own instructions

If you're using the latest version, I've done all I can do with this.  Issues seemed to be introduced in 2.8.3.  I've adjusted the loft, I've adjusted the delay.  Short of throwing the missile out ahead of the fighter instead of it "dropping" from the bay, I can't think of anything else that would help.  I made adjustments just a few days ago as listed above.  Consider you're launch parameters for those missiles, if you fly between the missile and its target, knowing that the missile drops from the weapons bay, it makes sense that it could hit you.

15 hours ago, tybo11 said:

Hi I'm brand new to this and just love this mod. I'm just wondering if someone can help me out. The throttle works but in the cockpit the model of the throttle doesn't move. It stays at idle. I increase and decrease and the model stays at idle no matter what. Any help would be much appreciated 

That isn't what happens in my experience.  The throttle, rudders, joystick all move.  I have the throttle inputs bound to my throttle.  I'm not sure what would happen if you used keyboard commands, if that's what you're doing.

• Like 1

Ok, maybe I have to reinstall the game and mod then possibly. I'm using a throttle and when I'm up at work I use an Xbox controller, not as much fun but it works. Tested it out with just the regular fc3 planes and the throttle moves. Might just be a bug somewhere if it works for everyone else. Thanks for your help nightstorm, keep up the awesome work

• Like 1

Nightstorm! Big fan bro! I have a question tho, 2 of them actually, Your version of Grinellis mod has a more accurate reflective silver to the coating on the Raptor just like in real life right? and Grinellis has a dull look it to? I just want to know if that was from you or is that a livery or something, and my 2nd question,  can we please somehow get Thrust Vectoring?? The F-22 is my favorite fighter of all time and i cant phathom flying around in a raptor that cant do thrust vectoring, while the SU-57 mod has it, right? I know youve prolly been asked a thousand times but i couldent find an answer, please let me know if its possible!!

9 hours ago, Grinnightstormelli said:

Nightstorm! Big fan bro! I have a question tho, 2 of them actually, Your version of Grinellis mod has a more accurate reflective silver to the coating on the Raptor just like in real life right? and Grinellis has a dull look it to? I just want to know if that was from you or is that a livery or something, and my 2nd question,  can we please somehow get Thrust Vectoring?? The F-22 is my favorite fighter of all time and i cant phathom flying around in a raptor that cant do thrust vectoring, while the SU-57 mod has it, right? I know youve prolly been asked a thousand times but i couldent find an answer, please let me know if its possible!!

Interesting account name you chose.  The liveries were done by @Texac.  At least the template was.  I went through and made liveries for all/most of the Raptors based on it.  He did an fantastic job with that silvery sheen.  Thrust vectoring is being explored by other community members.  I too would love to have it.

Those liveries are all available in the first post.  @Texac also did some of the special ones like a weathered version and the semi-reflective tiled version.

Edited by Nightstorm

%5Burl=https%3A//sm.ms/image/QhVPLEbaReOUGo7%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s2.loli.net/2023/04/12/QhVPLEbaReOUGo7.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

2023/4/7 PM10点00分,Nightstorm说:

Further testing with changes I made to the battery life were pretty good.  I've tested the missiles in most regimes.  Short, medium, long ranges.  They seem to be working pretty well.

I've added an AN/APG-77 AESA RADAR in a new sensors.lua file.  The characteristics are based on publicly available information and the limitations that currently exist in the F-15C avionics.  

Max range is 160nm, azimuth and elevation 120 degrees.

The RADAR works for both player, wingman and AI and is detected by RWR.

Both Single Player and External weapons archives updated.

This mod is pretty good, thank you very much , you did well! 
   But I would like to ask if you know how to install the AIM120D-3, AIM-260A, and AIM-9X3 weapons in the A2A missile into the CJS FA-18 superbug mod. I want to achieve these weapons on the Super Hornet. I downloaded the F22 enhancement mod a few days ago , there is a lua of A2A missile(Users\Administrator\Saved Games\DCS\mods\aircraft\F-22A\A2A missiles.lua), and then I copied the missiles code in it to the mount lua of Super Hornet(DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18E.lua), only part of it was displayed in the game(AIM-9X3 AIM-120D-3 B-61), and the other part (2*AIM-9X3 2*AIM-120D-3) was not displayed, and the weapon could not be launched, I need help😰😰😰! I will appreciate if you can help me.🙂url%5D

5 minutes ago, NuclearFusion-A said:

%5Burl=https%3A//sm.ms/image/QhVPLEbaReOUGo7%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s2.loli.net/2023/04/12/QhVPLEbaReOUGo7.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

This mod is pretty good, thank you very much , you did well! 
   But I would like to ask if you know how to install the AIM120D-3, AIM-260A, and AIM-9X3 weapons in the A2A missile into the CJS FA-18 superbug mod. I want to achieve these weapons on the Super Hornet. I downloaded the F22 enhancement mod a few days ago , there is a lua of A2A missile(Users\Administrator\Saved Games\DCS\mods\aircraft\F-22A\A2A missiles.lua), and then I copied the missiles code in it to the mount lua of Super Hornet(DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18E.lua), only part of it was displayed in the game(AIM-9X3 AIM-120D-3 B-61), and the other part (2*AIM-9X3 2*AIM-120D-3) was not displayed, and the weapon could not be launched, I need help😰😰😰! I will appreciate if you can help me.🙂url%5D

Thanks, this enhancement mod makes a lot of changes to the base mod and because it's based on F15C avionics, it's possible to add new weapons to it like the missiles you mentioned.  Those missiles cannot be added to the F-16 or F-18 modules because the avionics do not support them.  I'd made a mod last December called Modern Missiles that replaces two existing missiles AIM-120B and AIM-9L for an AIM-120D and more advanced AIM-9X.  That was the only way to make more current missiles available to those aircraft.  The CJS Superbug is based on the F-18 module.

Modern Missiles v1.20 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 1

59分钟前,Nightstorm说:

Thanks, this enhancement mod makes a lot of changes to the base mod and because it's based on F15C avionics, it's possible to add new weapons to it like the missiles you mentioned.  Those missiles cannot be added to the F-16 or F-18 modules because the avionics do not support them.  I'd made a mod last December called Modern Missiles that replaces two existing missiles AIM-120B and AIM-9L for an AIM-120D and more advanced AIM-9X.  That was the only way to make more current missiles available to those aircraft.  The CJS Superbug is based on the F-18 module.

Modern Missiles v1.20 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Thank you very much for replying to me in your busy schedule!
I downloaded this modern missiles mod last month, and it gave me a very good gaming experience! I'm looking forward to the next version of the modern missiles mod to add these more advanced missiles and use them for F-15/16/18/22.
  What I am most looking forward to now is the TVC mode of this F-22 enhancement mod. When will it be completed and released publicly?

2 hours ago, NuclearFusion-A said:

Thank you very much for replying to me in your busy schedule!
I downloaded this modern missiles mod last month, and it gave me a very good gaming experience! I'm looking forward to the next version of the modern missiles mod to add these more advanced missiles and use them for F-15/16/18/22.
  What I am most looking forward to now is the TVC mode of this F-22 enhancement mod. When will it be completed and released publicly?

I'm personally not the one working on the TVC.  It requires development and testing of EFM "external flight model" which is not a trivial task.  @FlyingAlex has started the work on it.  And like a lot of mods, these things are worked on in what time people have available around their real jobs etc.

• Like 1

Found the code base I was working on had some bugs and confusing so I did start from scratch again and it's in progress. 

No shortcut for this.  Su57 mod Cubanace also took lots of time for development as well.

If I could get some time this month for code clearing up I shall release the custom RWR first.

Edited by FlyingAlex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1