[REPORTED ALREADY]Keybind to power on the HMCS?

Maybe I'm missing it, but I can't find a keybind for turning on the scorpion helmet. Anybody know if there is one?

As of yesterday, when I last flew - there was not a key bind for it currently. That being said, wondering if @LeCuvier would be able to find the correct code to insert into the keybind / .lua file for the interim.....? He seems to be a magician with this kind of stuff, and has sorted these types of things out previously. Maybe @Chump would also be a good one to attempt and give us an interim fix...? I do not know what the deviceID of the HMCS panel / switch is, or I'd give it a go with what I've learned from the information they've shared previously for other systems being added to .lua's.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm sure I posted this a few months ago, but in this new forum version I haven't figured out how to effectively search for a thread. In the cockpit, this is a 3-position switch. The two lines below provide a 3-position switch command:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos BAT/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you don't want to use the "BAT" position, copy just the first line for use with a maintained 2-position ON/OFF switch.

If you want to use pushbuttons, copy the following 3 lines (or just the first two for a simple ON/OFF-only function):

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0, name = _('HMCS Power ON'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0, name = _('HMCS Power BAT'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I found my older post. It's under "Controller Questions and Bugs" dated 5-OCT-2020. And NineLine has promised to report it.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm sure I posted this a few months ago, but in this new forum version I haven't figured out how to effectively search for a thread. In the cockpit, this is a 3-position switch. The two lines below provide a 3-position switch command:
{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos BAT/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

If you don't want to use the "BAT" position, copy just the first line for use with a maintained 2-position ON/OFF switch.

If you want to use pushbuttons, copy the following 3 lines (or just the first two for a simple ON/OFF-only function):

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0, name = _('HMCS Power ON'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0, name = _('HMCS Power BAT'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

Terrific!! But I have a question:

Would be posible to change that behavior with a pot? F18 and AV8 uses pots to power up and adjust brightness of HMD or NVG. It’s possible to codify the A10 scorpion on/off to share the same hardware? Im building a physical copckpit and I want to share the same function in the same pot for any of three planes via DCS-BIOS. Do you think it’s possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrific!! But I have a question:

Would be posible to change that behavior with a pot? F18 and AV8 uses pots to power up and adjust brightness of HMD or NVG. It’s possible to codify the A10 scorpion on/off to share the same hardware? Im building a physical copckpit and I want to share the same function in the same pot for any of three planes via DCS-BIOS. Do you think it’s possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That works In the Hornet because it's implemented as an axis. In the A-10C II the HMCS Power switch is implemented as a switch and I see no way to customize it it so it becomes an axis.

LeCuvier

As always, much appreciated and have also now added that key bind to a toggle switch for some additional immersion. Hope the OP has benefited from you guys chiming in. For those of us who are not just limited to the buttons on the HOTAS, these kinds of things are great when building our "home cockpit" and placing all the switches in the real life locations. Much appreciated!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

This is the correct way to toggle the HMCS on/off. I'm not sure why you'd honestly want to bind that switch! To each their own plane. :)

When building a home cockpit and you want the physical switch there to actuate - only reason I want it. After the initial toggle, I also use DMSLL - as that is indeed the correct way to disable/enable while in flight. Simple as that.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I agree if you're building a cockpit you need to have that switch work. However, I don't believe the OP was asking that.

I've got a few button boxes that I want to bind the power on switch to.

My goal is to never have to touch the mouse or keyboard.

I've got a few button boxes that I want to bind the power on switch to.

My goal is to never have to touch the mouse or keyboard.

If you haven't discovered "The Warthog Project" on YouTube yet - check it out. The stuff dreams are made of right there, and I am currently working towards replicating his home cockpit. He is incredibly generous in the details he gives, links to CAD files to use for replication and steps to create the things he's made. Truly incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJq3cq9N6xYF0fAvTgpwoBg

Cheers,

Ziptie

You have to commit to flying one plane for a cockpit like that.

Negative - I am building a cockpit for the A10C and one for the F/A-18C. Space is not an issue for me thankfully.

A perk of being single and 'young' I suppose (for sure the first one).

Cheers,

Ziptie

No Viper?

If I ever did a cockpit it would have to be the Viper in DCS because I can't give up BMS.

I haven't flown the Viper too much as of yet. Once the Hornet is close to finished, I will probably start flying the Viper a bit more and most likely at that time - I will work on building a pit for the Viper as well. A10C is my first love, Hornet second, Viper third. That being said - when the Mudhen gets released, the Viper pit build might get pushed behind the Mudhen. We shall see.

Cheers,

Ziptie