VR frame rates in multiplayer

Viciam1

Hi guys,

What can I do with this issue? I have a pretty high spec PC but the fps I'm getting in multiplayer dog fight servers is less than 20. Its unplayable. Please help.

I'm on Quest 2, rtx 3080, i90850 and 32gb ram.

Under normal single player or aerobatic server I get a steady 36 FPS which is playable. Please can someone help me.

• Like 1

I'd start by running Oculus Debug Tools and especially the performance profiler. Take a 10min recording of your CPU frametime and GPU frametime when gaming in this server. You can handily export to csv and make a graph in Excel to see which one is the culprit limiting your FPS... Lower frametime = better performance, so the limiting factor is the one posting higher frametimes.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I'd start by running Oculus Debug Tools and especially the performance profiler. Take a 10min recording of your CPU frametime and GPU frametime when gaming in this server. You can handily export to csv and make a graph in Excel to see which one is the culprit limiting your FPS... Lower frametime = better performance, so the limiting factor is the one posting higher frametimes.

Can I do all of this from within the oculus debugging tool?

Hi guys,

What can I do with this issue? I have a pretty high spec PC but the fps I'm getting in multiplayer dog fight servers is less than 20. Its unplayable. Please help.

I'm on Quest 2, rtx 3080, i90850 and 32gb ram.

Under normal single player or aerobatic server I get a steady 36 FPS which is playable. Please can someone help me.

What are your ingame settings? PD in game, in Oculus?

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Thanks Qio I'll have a look. It seems as long as I don't go into f10 map it seems to run at a steady 36-37 FPS which is playable. If I go into f10 view it causes some serious issues.

My friends and I ran into massive performance issues in MP using F10 on the Syria map (not all are using VR). So you would not be alone here. I personnally avoid it as much as I can.

Oculus Debugging Tools offers some kind of view of your frametime, so you are able to view what is limiting. The idea to extract to csv and open in Excel is to make a more in-depth analysis, sort the frametimes to see the spikes... I also save multiple sessions I record to see if a patch improves my performance, or if a tweak/modification to the settings has a positive impact. This way I can just go back to a previous recording and see actual measurements, not just estimate.

However I want to point out that you have a solid system, mine is clearly inferior, but I get steady FPS even in MP just by having worked on the settings (PD in Oculus @1.4, nothing ingame, and adjusted settings like you can see on many different guides for VR). IMHO MP servers, especially heavily loaded ones, tend to make the CPU work more but the GPU works the same as in SP (at least in my experience and based on my measurements). But with a 10850K you should be higher than 20fps...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

OCULUS RIFT S - Issues with Head Rotation angle

Hi all. I bought my Rift S just one week ago, so I’m still new to VR in DCS. Anyone know if it is possible (and if yes, how), to increase the rate of head rotation angle (e.g. in a way similar to Track-Ir) ? In fact, with oculus I found that the head movements reflects exactly the reality, so to have a sight beyond the 90 degrees on the left or on the right, I have to turn completely the body, which is not easy while sit in the cockpit. I do not even reach the sight of the left or right wing. Any clue on this ?

thanks

What are your ingame settings? PD in game, in Oculus?

Hi, The PD I am using in game is 1.6 and also in the Oculus Debug Tool. I reduced it to 1.2 in DCS and the FPS did go up to 55-60FPs which isn't bad. Of course the resolution is a little bit less than the 1.6. I also tried it at 2.5 just for the sake of it and jheez the cockpit dials are clear as crystal! But FPS dropped to 25-28 and that's not fun at all.

Either I stick with 1.6 and go for the 34-36 FPS but a decent cockpit resolution or I reduce it to 1.2 and get the better FPS. Not sure which one to go for really. I wish I could get like 70-80 FPS in 2.5PD.

Hi, The PD I am using in game is 1.6 and also in the Oculus Debug Tool. I reduced it to 1.2 in DCS and the FPS did go up to 55-60FPs which isn't bad. Of course the resolution is a little bit less than the 1.6. I also tried it at 2.5 just for the sake of it and jheez the cockpit dials are clear as crystal! But FPS dropped to 25-28 and that's not fun at all.

Either I stick with 1.6 and go for the 34-36 FPS but a decent cockpit resolution or I reduce it to 1.2 and get the better FPS. Not sure which one to go for really. I wish I could get like 70-80 FPS in 2.5PD.

Try PD 1.0 in DCS and in the oculus tool. Then increase the PD in the Oculus tool only, till you get a good compromise. But keep DCS PD at 1.0

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3