Missing HOTAS commands?

imacken

Sure it does. If maverick is selected as the current weapon and HUD is SOI and MAV page is on one of the MFCDs then CHF tap moves SOI to MAV. Here's a track.

Got it! Working OK now. I never even knew about that command, even in the original A-10C. Thanks.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think also DMS aft long and left short don't work yet.

What does the China Hat FWD short in HUD do? Labelled as 'MAV Video/MAV SOI'. Can't see what that does.

DMSLS with TGP displayed on RMFD will bring up the TGP display on the HMCS.

Will check DMSAL and CHFS functions tomorrow during mission and see if they are implemented. Can't say offhand, not sure I've every tried and need to check what SOI needs to be for the DMSAL functionality. Don't recall what the manual states that functionality is supposed to do.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

DMSAL is 100% working, dunno about CHFS, never needed it.

If DMSAL while TAD SOI, then yes that is for sure working. Wasn't sure if there was another function in question.

With HUD SOI, if CHFS does indeed command the MAV quick select and SOI MAV - I can honestly say that I never knew this HOTAS command existed and am looking forward to trying this in the upcoming mission. Thanks!

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Guys, see posts 22-26 above for CHFS info.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Guys, see posts 22-26 above for CHFS info.

Yes, this is why I made the statement above - saying that I was unaware this was even an available command, and thanked the member who informed of it's existence.............

Cheers,

Ziptie

Also, with DMSLS, I wqas meaning with TAD as SOI.

If DMSAL while TAD SOI, then yes that is for sure working.

It doesn't do anything for me. What should I be looking for? In the docs, it says 'Select TAD Center Option'.

Also, I was meaning DMSLS when TAD is SOI. Can't see what that does either. Supposedly, 'CEN/DEP Mode CNTR Own'.

So actually,

CHFS with HUD SOI seems to do nothing for me - and DMSAL with TAD SOI also does nothing for me. Curious...

Cheers,

Ziptie

So actually,

CHFS with HUD SOI seems to do nothing for me - and DMSAL with TAD SOI also does nothing for me. Curious...

Cheers,

Ziptie

Mav has to be the selected weapon on the HUD for CHFS o work.

DMSAL is 100% working, dunno about CHFS, never needed it.

Neither Ziptie or I can see this working in TAD. can you tell us what we should be seeing?

Same DMS aft long isn't selecting the center display option (or anything else I can see) for me either. Also I can't figure out what DMS left short on TAD is supposed to do. I can't see it do anything in EXP or non-EXP.

I agree, that DMSAL has zero functionality for me with TAD SOI as of this time.

With TAD SOI:

*DMSLS* toggles between CEN and DEP view mode of the TAD (either your aircraft representation is centered in the TAD, which is default, or you can have your aircraft representation at the aft perimeter of the screen (which then allows for different range scales to be utilized on the TAD. This is not for EXP modes, it is for no EXP modes - to see the primary functionality of it at least.

This is similar to what you can do in the F16 with the HSD).

Cheers,

Ziptie

That's DMS right short. DMS left short is a different command.

Yes, my mistake - typo. Will correct original statement.

EDIT: I was not mistaken, I was correct. DMSLS cycles CEN/DEP with TAD SOI.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT:

This is a much more accurate HOTAS command document, compared to the other included in this thread - for those who might not have seen it and be interested. Note that this includes commands for the CMS that have yet to be implemented in DCS, but reflect real world and incoming functionality to DCS (per DCS moderators/developers). I can also include the throttle commands as well if it is desired by anyone.

Cheers,

Ziptie

2142323369_A-10C2Stickcommands_rev3.thumb.png.fa9495911170732e7f85666bde5fe7da.png

So what does DMS left short do?

I was not mistaken with DMSLS functionality and edited the prior post to reflect that - along with including a much more accurate representation of HOTAS commands.

Cheers,

Ziptie

What does "CEN/DEP Mode CNTR Own" do?

Centers the aircraft in the TAD (CEN) rather than being in DEP own.

Wondering if the DCS current functionality of being able to DMSRS with TAD SOI being able to actually cycle between both modes might actually be incorrect.

Just a guess on my part there - but seems more likely that DMSRS would enter DEP own and DMSLS would enter CEN own.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Sorry that this thread is going on a bit, but it is very confusing how some commands work for some people and not others.

For me, the situation is still the same, i.e. DMSFL, DMSAL and DMSLS do nothing.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:54 PM, Ziptie said:

Centers the aircraft in the TAD (CEN) rather than being in DEP own.

It doesn't do that in DCS is what I and imacken are saying.

In DCS DMS:

• Forward-long "Map Quick Toggle"
  • Aft-long "Select TAD Centre Option"
  • Left-short "CEN/DEP Mode CNTR Own"

None of these have any visible action.

I saw a post mentioning that some HOTAS commands described in the manual are not yet implemented.

For example: HUD SOI COOLIE UP for HMCS SOI doesn't work (need to use COOLIE DOWN instead).

Another example: most CMS buttons don't do what they should according to the manual.

Can someone please confirm that this is not just me being stupid?

Dima | My DCS uploads

5 minutes ago, Minsky said:

I saw a post mentioning that some HOTAS commands described in the manual are not yet implemented.

For example: HUD SOI COOLIE UP for HMCS SOI doesn't work (need to use COOLIE DOWN instead).

Another example: most CMS buttons don't do what they should according to the manual.

Apart from the CMS commands not working, I doubt if you’ll get any confirmation here. The situation seems completely confused with some people saying x and y work, and others saying they don’t. 
No contribution from ED here which is a little disappointing. 

5 hours ago, Minsky said:

Coolie up that was HUD/HMCS SOI was actually true for a few weeks when A-10C II was first released. That was changed in a subsequent patch.

Yeah, the countermeasures stuff is still the same as A-10C Uno.