Wings of Russia - MiG-25

I came across this Mig25 documentary which seems to cover quite a few incidence's involving the Mig25. It's in Russian so I can't be sure what anyone is saying but the footage looks important :smilewink:. Anyway maybe someone can post this in Russian forum and give us a couple of sentences in English so we can understand what this was all about .. Not a complete tranlsation of course but just a line or two to give us a gist of what was said.

http://uploaded.to/?id=y3nqol 220/mb

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks~ downloading now and going to bed.. I'll watch it in the morning.

Goodnite all

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I just watched it. Nothing special to be honest, nothing that I haven't seen or heard yet.

First they talk about the missile mania of Hruschov which killed many perspective aircraft projects. Then how the development of the SR-71 provoked the creation of the MiG-25. The mystery around it and the years the americans have been trying to collect any data about it. The runaway of Oleg Belenko to Japan which gave the 25 in the hands of US aircraft designers. There's some funny part as well- you can see some ground crew carrying plastic bottles- they are filled with spiritus used in the avionics cooling system during Mach 3 flight. The MiG-25 carries more than 200 liters of this liquid whose qualities exceeded the average vodka you could buy :) That's why the 25 is the most beloved plane amongst the ground (and ot only ;)) crews of the russian AF. There's also some footage about the few accidents during the test flights causing death to some of the most popular russian test pilots. The video ends with the flight of former USAF SR-71 crew chief who has been serving with the Black Birds at Okinava during the Cold war. So he makes his dream come trough and pays for a flight on MiG-25 two seater, going Mach 2.8 at 20000m.

That's it.

• Like 2

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I just watched it. Nothing special to be honest, nothing that I haven't seen or heard yet.

First they talk about the missile mania of Hruschov which killed many perspective aircraft projects. Then how the development of the SR-71 provoked the creation of the MiG-25. The mystery around it and the years the americans have been trying to collect any data about it. The runaway of Oleg Belenko to Japan which gave the 25 in the hands of US aircraft designers. There's some funny part as well- you can see some ground crew carrying plastic bottles- they are filled with spiritus used in the avionics cooling system during Mach 3 flight. The MiG-25 carries more than 200 liters of this liquid whose qualities exceeded the average vodka you could buy :) That's why the 25 is the most beloved plane amongst the ground (and ot only ;)) crews of the russian AF. There's also some footage about the few accidents during the test flights causing death to some of the most popular russian test pilots. The video ends with the flight of former USAF SR-71 crew chief who has been serving with the Black Birds at Okinava during the Cold war. So he makes his dream come trough and pays for a flight on MiG-25 two seater, going Mach 2.8 at 20000m.

That's it.

That is soo cool of you to give us a translation AirTito.. rep already sent .. thank you..!!

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.