Redfor's status in DCS

ResonantCard1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not all the people, only the fraction that uses DCS as a game .. or ED would never had given us modules like the F-86, Mig-15 and UH-1. For sure, I would be bored to tears if all DCS offered were the american teen fighters.

Technically BST iirc. ED has only done modern modules

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

7 minutes ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Technically BST iirc. ED has only done modern modules

A distinction without a difference, BST was formed from ED personnel and when disolved those people returned to ED, and ED has done several warbirds.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So many letters. I hope someone had already clarified to the TS that MiG-29 had a better performing radar than early to mid 80s F-16s because all the TS writes could be shortened to "why would you do the Mig, IT'S so bad, F-15 is better". What's better, some rare F-16 Block 15, capable of firing aim-7s or F-15? I'm just curious

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about this I assume the hold up is the Russian MoD with regards to permission if what I remember of the Su-27sm cancellation being correct. I’ve heard similar things about other simulators as well. I don’t know what the exact rules are if you cant use Russian equipment in service or modern Russian equipment at all. A few spitball like ideas though

the Su-30mki/Su-30mkm

not exactly red air persay but if I recall right India paid for and co developed the MKI including parts of the radar. The avionics are largely western and I know full cockpit simulators exist without vouching for their accuracy. The MKI is do for a major mid life update soon so some systems might be declassified. A potential dev would have to contact HAL or the Indian Air Force.

Su-27m 

only ever in very limited service (The Russian knights used it very briefly). It mostly similar to the regular flanker but a bigger nose for an early mechanical version of bars that was never in service any place else canards and a rear facing radar. Was meant as an export craft so I think it would depend on the exact wording of the rules and who exactly is the hold up (It may very well be the developers not the government who are the hold up).

Chinese Flankers. The Chinese seem to be surprisingly liberal with simulating their weapons provided they are not in front line service. 

any who that’s my $.02 for any third party interested.