[CANNOT REPRODUCE]Lost HOTAS function for MavF IRMAV

DmitriKozlowsky

As of Dec. 16 update, I lost ability to control IRMAV seeker. Prior Master Mode AG, select IRMAV press twice to bring up seeker view on Left display, Uncage.

Make Left Display SOI.

Depress Throttle Designator controller and hold while slewing seeker to target.

Seeker locks on thermal point spot, gives RDY when in range.

Fire. 

All that is gone. Nop longer works. Uncaged IRMAV seeker is no longer controlable. I am back to clueless on IRMAV control. 

Uncaged IRMAV seeker no longer controllable. 

FLIR control problem,

FLIR, for some reason, when I try re-boresight it, goes into this frozen mode, where seeker view is frozen but there is a small crosshair that is moved . Once I am in that weird sub-mode of FLIR, I can't get out. Even resetting to STBY and back to ON does not clear it. I have to OFF then to STBY then to ON to get back normal control. What is this? 

TPOD and IRMAV , two areas which are implemented is confusing way. How does it even get past beta?

This dark aspect of ED, I just effing hate it. It takes time and energy to learn, and get HOTAS bindings just right,  then it gets thrown away in new build. This is absurd.

'

MAV F seeker works the same for me as it always has done, just as you describe in the first part of your post.

Re FLIR and 'weird sub-mode', you need to look at Wags' video here (64) DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Targeting Pod Offset - YouTube

Edited by imacken
  • Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

"Dark aspect", lol, calm down.

Your TGP is in ATRK or PTRK, which are both modes that are not slewable. What you CAN slew in those modes is the offset cursor (your small crosshair). Make sure to be in standard inertial track (OPR) and you can slew. As per Wags' videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvzxfqymFq0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr7--PXczpM

Nothing in that is weird, nor is it weird that stuff changes during development. Hate to be that guy, but: things will change during Early Access (and this got implemented *6 months* ago)

Also: my F-mavs still work as usual. Bring up MAV display, assign TDC to Mav display, uncage, slew, fire. Do you have ANY mods installed? Remove, repair, try again.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

Seems to be working fine here, and not sure of this "dark aspect" you reference. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [CANNOT REPRODUCE]Lost HOTAS function for MavF IRMAV

Found out. THe UNDESIGNATE command is either not being issued or is being ignored. So the system is stuck. Problem is that I cant figure out why. In Controls binding, UNDESIGNATE shares HOTAS assignment with NWS HI gain. AFAIK NWS with HI works fine. In controls panel for Hornet I see a red circle-I , denoting a binding error. I cleared and reasigned HOTAS function. The red circle remains. NWS HI works fine, but UNDESIGNATE is wacky.

Check in the UI Layer panel in Controls, just to make sure that button hasn't been assigned to something there.  Not saying it's your answer, but it is always worth checking that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

So the FA18 is not the same as the a10C2

if you depress TDC designate when MAV is soi you cant slew which makes no sense considering this could be done before?

turning off TPG or un designating you can slew in MAV page 

Would it not be ideal to find a target, un age to TDC mark, soi to MAV then move the MAX seeker head.

this will help with adjustments?

Not too sure what your point is.  If a target is designated by TGP or WPDSG, making the MAV SOI will slave the MAV to the target.  Then, press undesignate and you can slew the MAV cursor around by pressing TDC depress.  It retains its position after undesignate.  

What I find annoying is that the TGP doesn't retain position after undesignate. Never understood why that is correct behaviour. 

6 hours ago, imacken said:

What I find annoying is that the TGP doesn't retain position after undesignate. Never understood why that is correct behaviour. 

Yeah, no one understands that. It maybe a missunderstanding of documents from the spanish pod, like the coordinates ED said they were not realistic but then they said they were.

Back to topic, now that we have markpoints, it's good to always make one so when you undesignate at least you can point the TGP back without looking for the target or zone again.

Hope it helps.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5