Did something drastically change with redfor IR SAMS?

DexterAlex

Hey,

not strictly A-10c related but i think the Hog-People would be the first to new if soemthing changed with IR SAMS.

After being away from DCS for some time, i feel that Strelas are way less susceptible to flares. I found that even a 2*4 at 0.25 seconds will not reliably fool a Strela even if i hit the CMS right after launch. I remember that even a 2*3 dump was enough to reliably fool a strela when timed well.

https://omegle.onl/

Also i feel that Iglas are way faster than before, but have trouble pulling Gs, so will often miss, because they can not pull enough lead, which is nice, because you can manually evade them with luck.

Can anyone confirm this? I have not seen anything in the patchnotes regarding SAMs.

Also i was wondering, if the reduced effectivnes of flares could have c vshareome with the new A-10c II and is maybe not intended? Not saying that it's wrong, the way that it is now.

thanks

Edited by DexterAlex

Realistically just spamming a handful of flares is not a reliable method of fooling missiles in the first place, especially without doing something else along with it. It also depends on the angle of launch blah blah blah. There's a lot more to it than just ''push button to win''. If it worked that way before (doubtful) and it doesn't now, then good, because it shouldn't.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I would agree that simply pushing a button, dumping some flares and assuming it'll work isn't enough. Maneuvering is necessary and more helpful if you can put the flares between your engines and the missile. 

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

On 2/17/2021 at 11:01 AM, LooseSeal said:

Maneuvering is necessary and more helpful if you can put the flares between your engines and the missile. 

Maybe IRL, but is it simulated in DCS?

As far as i know, the game simply rolls a dice for each flare if it's within missile seeker's FOV.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Doesn't mean that by maneuvering the chances of your rolling a good dice don't get bigger 😉

Aspect, background (sky/ground/water), heat source all effect IR missiles in DCS.... so there are coefficients to the dice

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days