Make the noob-54 "U" again in RWR please :D

Csgo GE oh yeah

No, they are now "M" as any other active missile, it's not AMRAAM specific. The SD-10 and the R-77 as examples will also show as "M".

AFAIK there's no mod in DCS that make a distinction in the RWR.

Also, we have no control over this except in the F-14, the other modules control what is shown on their rwr.

Edited by Naquaii
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Ok, another thing. The damage model. F14 people are now quickly changing slots after getting hit. 
I mean, if both your wings are broken off, why does it not give the 'destroy' immidiately ? 
They have ample time to casually hit escape > choose slot 

That’s not something the third party developers can fix. That’s something ED has to do about kill counting. The best you can do is chalk it up to the people you shoot down throwing a fit that you shot them down and not wanting to reward you with the kill. It’s not the fault of HB.

Heavy Fighter Elitist
AIM-120 Best Missiletm
AWG-9 Gaslighter
Diagnosed with terminal Skill Issue

That's also something to be enforced by server admins. On the 104th server we had and have a rule since the dawn of time, that you have to wait for the kill message to appear before changing slot or jumping to spectators. Furthermore, our own members must give you a "gk S!" when shot down - but the latter here is ofc etiquette, which one can only apply or enforce to oneself or one's own squadron. But it is still something that should be set as a general mentality for good sportsmanship and fairness on any server imo. Depriving your opponent from his kill is bad sportsmanship and not fair. Our admins ban ppl for repeatedly doing that.

PS: this had been fixed by ED previously, btw. If you were damaged and changed slot or exited/ jumped to spectators, or in general if you left your aircraft in mid-ar, even undamaged, it would register as a death for you and kill for the damaging party. Not sure how this is broken again, but it is something to be addressed with ED.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

4 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Hmm... It only happens with F14 though. 
When you do get a kill message , it takes a very long time. 

Not true. Same happens with the F-16, Mig-21 etc. all the time. It's called not being a dick and respecting rules. People will cheat whenever possible.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Well they tend to give kill message immiately at impact. At least the F16 does. The mig21 i don't really see in online pvp. 

Thats because a hit on an F-16 generally kills the pilot instantly, where on the F-14 it doesnt. F-15 has a similar-ish tendency.

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

On 1/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Ok, another thing. The damage model. F14 people are now quickly changing slots after getting hit. 
I mean, if both your wings are broken off, why does it not give the 'destroy' immidiately ? 
They have ample time to casually hit escape > choose slot 

Why do you care about the scoreboard so much ? Just like when people decide to take a fight with the ground AKA the undefeated Champion. Just count it as a kill and be on with your day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

It's not about the scoreboard so much as it is about closing off the fight that you put time and effort in. 
Not to mention it's extremely spineless to quickly disconnect right before you die . At least i think so, you apparently think this is perfectly acceptable behaviour. 

If a game really makes you feel that way you should uninstall.

• Like 8

Yes because comments like these from someone with "CSGO" in his name clearly show that the person treats these games equally - like some sort of team deathmatch where the K/D ratio matters. This isn't what DCS is all about and if you are this emotionally involved and mad at people doing certain stuff online you probably should step away for a bit. Just my opinion. This isn't ED's or the developer's fault in any way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 1/9/2021 at 1:00 PM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Not to mention it's extremely spineless to quickly disconnect right before you die.

IRL it would be a kill. In a tournament it'd be a kill. In a squad play time you'd have a talk with a bud but in a public server it is not relevant and you cannot do anything about it. There is simply nothing that motivates a downed pilot in a sim to continue such flight or eject apart from a few ones that have time and preference for realism. It's on ED to decide if a no-wings "safe" belly landing on a mountain grass is a kill or not.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 1/11/2021 at 2:07 PM, Skysurfer said:

Yes because comments like these from someone with "CSGO" in his name clearly show that the person treats these games equally - like some sort of team deathmatch where the K/D ratio matters. This isn't what DCS is all about and if you are this emotionally involved and mad at people doing certain stuff online you probably should step away for a bit. Just my opinion. This isn't ED's or the developer's fault in any way.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. 
I will explain ...
When you're playing person vs person , it's always competitive. It doesn't matter if it's called a shooter or a sim. 
So when you actively select a multiplayer online 'air quake' server, you are CHOOSING to play competitively. 
That is the sole reason that particular server exists. 

You don't go in a server like that and then say: "ah screw rules, i can behave like a worm because it's DCS and not csgo" . 
So i really have to disagree with your reasoning.

People like different aspects of games and activities. Just because something is called a "sim" doesn't mean i'm not allowed to have fun playing against other people. 
Turn it like you want, but the behaviour of quickly changing slots after defeat, to deny the other person the win is a **** move. 

If you honestly can't see that then i don't know what to tell you. 
But i think you do see it, but are just a little triggered by the letters 'csgo' in my name. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

I will explain ...
When you're playing person vs person , it's always competitive. It doesn't matter if it's called a shooter or a sim. 
So when you actively select a multiplayer online 'air quake' server, you are CHOOSING to play competitively. 

You don't go in a server like that and then say: "ah screw rules, i can behave like a worm because it's DCS and not csgo" . 

People like different aspects of games and activities. Just because something is called a "sim" doesn't mean i'm not allowed to have fun playing against other people. 
Turn it like you want, but the behaviour of quickly changing slots after defeat, to deny the other person the win is a **** move. 

But i think you do see it, but are just a little triggered by the letters 'csgo' in my name. 

Nah dude, it's only "competitive" in your head. You are on your own with this one, buddy. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

I will explain ...

The issue is that you are going on PvP servers expecting people to play by your rules. In this case, not reslotting after getting hit. The fact is, unless the server admins enforce this, theres literally nothing to be done here. And yes, I can go in a PvP server and do w/e I want, within the server rules. I dont have to play by your rules. And to be clear, I dont do this reslotting business, its just being a bad sport. But theres no reason to be blaming HB for it.

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Idk why people are still complaining about the tomcat compare when it was first release.

Back then the tomcat had/was:

- (datalink) Missile warning receiver

- Magic phoenix INS (no need to maintain track)

- phoenix that go through mountain and kill you

- a spitfire with 30 degree per second turn rate with flaps down without jamming

- a tank ( i survive 2 amraam)

-etc.

And not to mention that amraam was pretty weak missile back then 

Back then shooting a MK60 phoenix at 40 miles in PVP is always a guarantee while now you can't even reliably kill someone at 30 miles. 

Even with all those things back then, you can still defeat a tomcat. There were some guys that can notch and defeat the missile at that state

The phoenix are not that easy like it used to be. So even after HB fix all of those issues people still thinks the tomcat is OP?😑

If you have a good arm chair fighter pilot (game) sense, you would now if you got a contact within 40 miles with 14 nails on it, you better start beaming to notch his radar.

Edited by ustio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

This thread is about people quickly changing slots to deny the shooter the kill . 

Based on how you opened it, the thread was made to complain to HB about a perceived problem with a different module not made by HB and how that module handles missile warning symbology for whatever a "noob-54" is.  Then, you changed the subject to players swapping out jets because they got killed to try to stop themselves from registering on a scoreboard that doesn't matter, and somehow this is also HB's fault.  It isn't, and as it stands those other players haven't denied you a kill, you have killed them.  They are in another jet because you have rendered their current one inoperable.  Their prior ride is now in flames, headed for the earth.  Tally one for yourself.  You are +3|-| ub3|2 1337 |-|4><0|2!!!!one11!!! roflolcopterzzzzz.  Seriously, though, you'd also be credited with a kill if someone crashed their jet against your missile during the defense, or your maneuvering relative to them causes them to auger in (called a "maneuver kill").  The game doesn't tally those, either.  In the end, it's only you keeping score, so if someone jumps into a different jet, well, that's kind of bad sportsmanship, but you've bested them, and you knocked them out of the sky, so you get the kill regardless of what the scoreboard says, just as if you forced them into the ocean or a mountain side, or they crashed trying to evade your missile/gun.  But, since the game doesn't keep track of your online record (unless something has changed recently), and the scoreboard resets when you leave, the only one keeping track is you.

• Like 2

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey