Alphasims Black Shark

XLR8

When discussing ED's product, we ask forum members to be mindful of their tone, because it's often easy to blur critical feedback and insulting the developer, especially over the internet. Let's make sure we keep to the same standards when discussing other simulation products as well.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

When discussing ED's product, we ask forum members to be mindful of their tone, because it's often easy to blur critical feedback and insulting the developer, especially over the internet. Let's make sure we keep to the same standards when discussing other simulation products as well.

Well said! :thumbup:

-rjetster

Coming from someone who has every aircraft AlphaSim has out (except civilian props), they will just put out a basic model with basic cockpit that have really no clickable switches or decent night-time textures for the cockpit night lights. Flight dynamics? If its anything like their Mi-28 or HH-58, it will fly like every other plane with the exception of take-offs, landings and hovering. You pay for the model, you dont pay for anything else.

KA-50 Black Shark Released!!

stay calm, a ka-50 was released for FSX and FS9 over at alphasim (http://www.alphasim.co.uk/).

Yes i do also love to fly civilian jets in FSX. But what sense does it make to fly military aircrafts/helicopters w/o being able to use the weapons :huh:?

still, the screenshots look quite nice and maybe somebody who cannot wait for DCS to be released might wanna buy this helicopter for training purpose and give it a try :pilotfly:. And be sure to report us how this thing behaves in the air!

chrjs

(uups, sorry for starting a new topic in the first place, should have better searched the forum...)

Edited by Chrjs

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

• ED Team

Is transitional lift present? (Means coming from a hover with out touching the collective @ max pitch 5-10* after 50kph You'll have some positive vertical speed)

But the worth thing... You may wish to try flying backward... Look out for what going to happen...

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Is transitional lift present? (Means coming from a hover with out touching the collective @ max pitch 5-10* after 50kph You'll have some positive vertical speed)

But the worth thing... You may wish to try flying backward... Look out for what going to happen...

It does give some positive vertical speed, about 2-3m/s at 50kph..

@Mnemonic

I can't believe I missed this! I forgot I asked you to translate for us. You aren't joking are you? Thats really what those labels say!? Wow. Thats all I'll say, I don't want to show too much disrespect here. I'd just expect some "creative" Cyrillic from something else, but not a sim.

Edited by RedTiger
  • Like 1

It should have a ‘’Toys Are Us’’ switch, I don’t care what any one else would say but I’d describe their creation as complete ignorance with no standards or authenticity on their part of creation, working hard to earn money and do nice things it’s not an invention… but a FS exploitation, so OK they have their forums and fans and that's that!

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I tried it the other day and it acctually wasnt as bad as I feared...

The model was pretty good, and quite detailed, apart from the rotor that is very basic. The virtual cockpit looks quite good as well, of course I havent seen a real Black Shark cockpit, but to me it looks alot like the Black Shark cockpit in DCS (cant say anything for sure until Ive tried DCS of course). The systems in the cockpit are very basic, as allways with FS military aircraft, the HUD is ok, and the moving map is ok, nothing more nothing less. Not having flown the real thing I guess I cant really comment on the flight model, but it seems off, way off... For example one thing that seems to be common with all AlphaSim products is that if you execute a sharp turn you'll simply fall out of the sky, no matter what speed you are traveling at.

With that said, I think Im starting to fall in love with the Black Shark, so I guess Ill have to fly AlphaSim's version until DCS is released...

Edited by Agg
typo.

• ED Team

You always can compare with a real one...

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/kamov/ka-50/

Gauge placement can vary, but not their work principals.

And look for the gauge labels.

It's a pitty, they don't show working HUD, but search the youtube.com for videos.

Everybody who have eyes and ... You know what I mean, don't You? :) ... will see the diferences.

It's not a question of being a hardcore simmer, but a simmer at all. :noexpression:

PS. Wags made these "Producers notes", but You guys don't believe him... Strange for me.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак