Own Subforum for Intruder?

CanopyJettison

8 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

Very possible and if I did, I apologize. Can you please explain to me what you meant to say in a bit more detail?

And it's also possible that I missed part of this thread.

No matter how accurate a module is made, there will always be 10% of the users who find fault, that it is either too gamey in some aspects or not gamey enough for balanced PVP.  Those 10% will complain, generating 90% of the noise.  We see this going BOTH directions with the F-14 right now.  "The FM/Phoenix sux and needs a buff for PVP play" and "the implementation of the target aspect size switch isn't accurate for the AIM-54A and needs fixing."  No matter how accurate or "arcadey" the Intruder is, people will complain.  Either that the trim doesn't function the proper way or the they want JDAMs for the lolz.

When I say I can't wait to get my hands on it, it's because I trust HB to do what they have done with the F-14D... "If we can't do it accurately and legally then we won't do it"  I have not seen anything that A-6 docs for the intended version were ITARed, so AFAIK it will be made.

Clear as mud?

• Like 1

Hi @IronMike,

Happy new year to you and your team. I hope you all had a wonderful break.

So...... is it time yet? This is still the module I'm most excited about in the DCS upcoming line up, and whilst the F4 is a close second. This is the one that really has my attention so any news, updates, confirmation if it is/isn't still happening etc would be great.

No I know. I'm not sure if we should be concerned or not that there wasn't even an external shot. That said I know Heatblur like to keep things close to their chest and don't show things until they are happy with the quality. The recent Corsair 2 update mentioned changes in dcs requiring their model to be started again so it could be similar here? I understand that the priority is the Phantom 2 followed by the Typhoon and its more likely 2 years than 2 weeks for the Intruder. I'm just a little worried it's been dropped as this is the number 1 'upcoming' module for me and I think it fits perfectly into what dcs does best. I guess all we can do is keep scouring everything HB release and hopefully we will see it's still in the pipeline even if it is low priority at this stage.

3 hours ago, Indianajon said:

2 years

2 years? That's incredibly optimistic. Heatblur needs to finish the F-14 (early A, Iranian variant, campaigns), 4 subvariants of the Phantom (spread across 2 separate purchaseable modules), the Eurofighter and then the A-6. The absolute minimum they need for all the Phantoms is likely 4 years, add another 2 for the Eurofighter and I wouldn't expect them to start working on coding the A-6 before 2025-26 at the earliest. And it's still years after that until the EA release. And this doesn't even address the huge issues regarding documentation.

8 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

2 years? That's incredibly optimistic. Heatblur needs to finish the F-14 (early A, Iranian variant, campaigns), 4 subvariants of the Phantom (spread across 2 separate purchaseable modules), the Eurofighter and then the A-6. The absolute minimum they need for all the Phantoms is likely 4 years, add another 2 for the Eurofighter and I wouldn't expect them to start working on coding the A-6 before 2025-26 at the earliest. And it's still years after that until the EA release. And this doesn't even address the huge issues regarding documentation.

That assumes the naval variants of the Phantom are planned before the A-6 which I doubt they are as the F-4E module filled the missing slot.  The A-6 AI at least was slated to be a part of the F-14 module and like the Forrestal become part of the base game.  Whether that is happening later because they are doing a flyable A-6 idk.  As they have stated the Naval Phantoms are a separate module from the F-4E, I wouldn't expect them to delay the A-6 as those Phantoms require a new external and internal model as well as having some systems variation with enough differences from the F-4E to warrant a separate module.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

2 hours ago, Stackup said:

Whether that is happening later because they are doing a flyable A-6 idk.  As they have stated the Naval Phantoms are a separate module from the F-4E, I wouldn't expect them to delay the A-6 as those Phantoms require a new external and internal model as well as having some systems variation with enough differences from the F-4E to warrant a separate module.

Cobra said in an interview that the flyable A-6 is almost at the end of their current public roadmap plans. Even if we assume that it's coming before the Naval Phantom, it would still have 2 other modules before it, the F-4E and the EF. The most optimistic estimates really shouldn't excpect it anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

Cobra said in an interview that the flyable A-6 is almost at the end of their current public roadmap plans. Even if we assume that it's coming before the Naval Phantom, it would still have 2 other modules before it, the F-4E and the EF. The most optimistic estimates really shouldn't excpect it anytime soon.

Oh I think it's further than 2 years out, but they said just the 2 modules before the A-6, the EF and the F-4E.  So since the naval F-4 module is separate from the -E, we can safely assume the A-6 is before it.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

As long as its still happening then I am happy and will wait for as long as is needed.  My fear is that its no longer happening. I know HB are always quite tight lipped until they are ready to show something but the silence along with its lack of appearance (even a distant external ai model) in the 2023 and beyond film has me concerned.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:04 PM, Stackup said:

Oh I think it's further than 2 years out, but they said just the 2 modules before the A-6, the EF and the F-4E.  So since the naval F-4 module is separate from the -E, we can safely assume the A-6 is before it.

There's no reason the assume the A-6 is before a naval Phantom. Nick has said on this forum that they're going to be starting on the Naval F-4 immediately after the F-4E is complete 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RaceFuel85 said:

There's no reason the assume the A-6 is before a naval Phantom. Nick has said on this forum that they're going to be starting on the Naval F-4 immediately after the F-4E is complete 

Apart from the reason I gave?  Since the -E and Navy Phantoms are two completely separate modules, I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume the A-6 will come first.  Especially since they said two modules before it, not three, and they have already gotten a lot done on the exterior from their work on the AI version that they probably have not done yet on the navy F-4.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sounds like A6 been sidelined for other projects. This is taking way too long. Even the AI version still not implemented. No sign of A6.

Could be with us 2023 . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 8:54 AM, KoN said:

Sounds like A6 been sidelined for other projects. This is taking way too long. Even the AI version still not implemented. No sign of A6.

Could be with us 2023 . 

Heatblur have always said that their priority was the F4 and then the Typhoon, they released more progress images of the A6 just under a month ago which I didn't expect as I had assumed there was noone working on it at the moment so if anything I would say it's moving forward faster than expected.  I'm as keen as you to see it implemented in the game, I would love to see it as soon as possible, but at the same point I'm aware it's only a small team, these things are complicated,  and Heatblur lead DCS in quality and detail. 

Given how the dcs community have reacted to the original gazelle and Viper releases I'm not surprised Heatblur are holding off till they are happy. Given how many years many of the current dcs modules have taken to develop I don't think this one has been that long yet. After the F14 this is the module I have wanted more than anything, but part of this also creates some unique challenges in programming, especially in the NFO seat with the ground mapping etc. All I can say is we need patience and trust I the devs, they haven't let us down yet.

4 hours ago, Indianajon said:

Heatblur have always said that their priority was the F4 and then the Typhoon, they released more progress images of the A6 just under a month ago which I didn't expect as I had assumed there was noone working on it at the moment so if anything I would say it's moving forward faster than expected.  I'm as keen as you to see it implemented in the game, I would love to see it as soon as possible, but at the same point I'm aware it's only a small team, these things are complicated,  and Heatblur lead DCS in quality and detail. 

Given how the dcs community have reacted to the original gazelle and Viper releases I'm not surprised Heatblur are holding off till they are happy. Given how many years many of the current dcs modules have taken to develop I don't think this one has been that long yet. After the F14 this is the module I have wanted more than anything, but part of this also creates some unique challenges in programming, especially in the NFO seat with the ground mapping etc. All I can say is we need patience and trust I the devs, they haven't let us down yet.

Very true. This will be a game changer.

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...
Am 3.6.2023 um 20:51 schrieb Indianajon:

I imagine a lot of the F-4 tech will later also translate to the A-6. Reading up about the F-4E it seems like they put a bit of every bit of technology in there they had at hand at this point.

Just more reason why Id expect the F-4 to first get done and finished. Theres also the F-4J, which might take priority. And who knows how difficult the EF is gonna be...

Not to mention the F-14 and Viggen arent even done yet. Early and iran F-14A still coming.

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/29/2023 at 7:23 AM, Indianajon said:

Hey @IronMike, it's been an age and you have a whole new swanky shop front including the A6 so how about it?..... is it time yet? 😁

Not yet.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

10 hours ago, Indianajon said:

@IronMike i believe you and do feel rather spoilt with yesterday's news! I noted lots of Intruder comments that leads me to think its further along than i thought. See you in a couple of months! I have a new aircraft on the way to learn!

Though, my thoughts were not as aggressive as Tom's face there 😄

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 months later...

@IronMike Now? You know you want it too!

image.png

• Like 3

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I used to be one of those "it'll be released when it's good and ready and I'm OK with that" kind of people but now, at close to 73, I'm thinking that I'd be willing to settle for a less than perfectly accurate rivet count in order to get my hands on the Intruder before I reach the point of no longer being able to identify one as an A-6!! 

"If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I would've taken better care of myself!!" 🤣

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]