A-10C TAD MAPS MOD REQUEST!

TAD MAPS.jpg

Would it be too much to request from all the Modders to maybe work on this for the A10 guys. This is a Photoshop image as an example of the TAD and not an actual MOD.
The idea behind this is to use the F10 map in the TAD instead of the current maps. The current maps are hard to understand and change when zoom in/out. We already have the F10 map available at different zoom levels, why not use that instead of the current maps that clutter things rather than helping.
The Ka50 Abris uses the F10 map, and i think this should be possible as well.

If not already done and if you feel that this would help the A10 guys greatly and if doable, I request to all modders to please make us this MOD.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love to create a kneeboard mod using my accurate Caucasus map. I already know where the raster tiles are stored (\DCS World\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\RasterCharts).

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the exact projection used to produce the existing raster tiles. This information is the only thing that I'm missing to do the job. @BIGNEWY, could you please ask the map team about this?

Edited by Flappie
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...

That's a very interesting project !

Please, @BIGNEWY and @NineLine, could you please help our friendly cartographer here ?

Flappie, you're probably better suited than me for this endeavour, but if you need another pair of hands you know where to find me !

• Like 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You're friend with Migow ?

First, let me congratulate you for your resilience 😉

I know him well, he's a nice guy ; he was a VEAF member for a long time, and we still fly with him sometimes.

Can I help somehow with this project ? (not the moving, the TAD maps ^^)

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

20 minutes ago, davidp57 said:

Can I help somehow with this project ? (not the moving, the TAD maps ^^)

Yes, beta-testing, as soon as I start working on the mod. 😉

Well, we can't wait 😉

Allez hop hop hop plus vite !

• 2 months later...
2021/2/26 PM12点01分,snipes说:

TAD MAPS.jpg

Would it be too much to request from all the Modders to maybe work on this for the A10 guys. This is a Photoshop image as an example of the TAD and not an actual MOD.
The idea behind this is to use the F10 map in the TAD instead of the current maps. The current maps are hard to understand and change when zoom in/out. We already have the F10 map available at different zoom levels, why not use that instead of the current maps that clutter things rather than helping.
The Ka50 Abris uses the F10 map, and i think this should be possible as well.

If not already done and if you feel that this would help the A10 guys greatly and if doable, I request to all modders to please make us this MOD.

I agree with your point of view. I think A-10 should use the map mode you mentioned, including the upcoming AH-64. The F10 map mode is the correct map mode.

Hi @Flappie!

Any news of this exciting project ?

Hey David, I've not moved yet (end of September) and when I'm not sawing wood, adding eletrical circuits, or puting plaster all over my future liing room, I'm quite busy with beta testing right now. Poke me again in October: I'll have a brand new desk with a large screen, and less excuses. 😄

Will do, count on me !

Bon déménagement !

• 1 month later...

Whilst the current map mode can be difficult to see overlays etc, the maps themselves are accurate to RL.

Inbuilt digital moving map systems such as DMAP do not just zoom in and out of one map, they use layers of different scales and different map types for topographic and data information. Up to 17 different maps is not uncommon.

A-10C IQT Badge.jpgA-10C BAQ Badge.jpg

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS RoG Strix Z670E-F | Corsair iCue H170i Elite LCD AIO | ASUS RoG Strix OC RTX 4090 24GB | 64GB Corsair DDR5 5600 Dominator Platinum RGB | Samsung 980Pro M.2 SSD 1TB & 2TB | ASUS RoG Thor Plus Platinum II 1000W | Win 11 | Varjo Aero | Corsair iCue 7000X | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's | Buddy Fox UFC | Razer Tartarus V2 | Monstertech Bench Mounts

• 5 months later...