Anyone else on VR experiencing crashes since last update?

Fang333333

Hello all

I just want to come on here and say that since the latest OB patch I am experiencing major crashing with VR. I saw someone else mention it and now just today DCS crashed on boot. {I am repairing but it seems to be the latest version of OB doing this. Seems to happen primarily on loadup or exiting a mission, but also happens in game.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

Fang

Hello all

I just want to come on here and say that since the latest OB patch I am experiencing major crashing with VR. I saw someone else mention it and now just today DCS crashed on boot. {I am repairing but it seems to be the latest version of OB doing this. Seems to happen primarily on loadup or exiting a mission, but also happens in game.
Anyone else having issues?

Thanks
Fang
Can't say I've noticed it here. Are you running any mods?

14900KS | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Not really although I’m conditioned to expect a certain amount of crankiness in VR. I played a lot of missions over the weekend and had one crash to desktop mid-flight.  It’s very jarring but the my other flights were just fine.  

ORIGINAL:  8088 4.77 Mhz  |  640kb RAM UPGRADE  |  TANDY 16-COLOR VIDEO  |  DUAL 5.25" FLOPPY DRIVES  |  13" VGA MONITOR  |  TANDY DELUXE JOYSTICK

CURRENT:  i5-12600k @ 5.0 Ghz  |  32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz  |  NVIDIA RTX 4090  |  3TB NVMe M.2 DRIVES  |  Pimax 8KX |  X56 RHINO HOTAS  |  VKB T-RUDDER Mk.IV  |  SIMSHAKER  |  VOICEATTACK w/VIACOM Pro

I have been spending about 3-5 hours a day in with DCS Open Beta, have not experienced a crash in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not crashes but screen flickering. Not like the white flashes as people describe with MSFS2020. Always when I look down. I will try to downgrade Nvidia drivers tomorrow and see if that helps.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

The crash I constantly get is the vrserver one. This should be related to steamvr in my conclusion.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

What worked for me to make VR more stable was to lower the VRAM requirement on the hardware. By turning down the textures and resolution to something more manageable and bumping up the pixel density a couple of notches, VR stopped crashing as much as it was. This was AFTER I bought a new oculus link cable, deleted the steam version of dcs and downloaded stand alone, and completely overhauled my whole setup trying to chase down where the crash was coming from. My best guess based on results was just asking less of my hardware.

Edited by [̲̅D][̲̅A][̲̅T][̲̅A]

Are you guys that are experiencing crashing in Steam VR opted into the Beta? Also if using WMR opted into it's Beta?

I run the Beta of both of them and also latest Nvidia drivers, and have not experienced any crashing at all.

I have been running DCS a few hours a day for the last several days.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

8 hours ago, Smokehouse said:

Same here Eaglewings, Steam VR has been crashing for me lately. DCS keeps running but I get kicked back to WMR screen in the headset but DCS keeps running on the monitor.  Weird, trying to figure out whats wrong.

How are you starting DCS?  I have found that if I start SteamVR, which also starts the WMR app, then put on my G2 headset and select DCS inside the Steam app it launches correctly without crashing back to the WMR app.  If I start DCS via the Desktop icon I get crashes like you describe.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2