I can not get the HSI to line up run way.

KillEmAll88

The HSI course deviation line puts me way off the side of the runway. 

*INS is aligned to /6

*steerpoint coordinates in DED are perfect. 

*I tried the runways painted course

*I have drawn a line down the middle of the runway in F10 map and used that course. 

It consistently lines me up way off to the right or left. 

Don’t rely on the “painted” number! 6, or 06, could be 56 degrees, or 64 degrees, or any value between.

You will have to go into the map to find the actual heading.

• Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

14 minutes ago, garyscott said:

Don’t rely on the “painted” number! 6, or 06, could be 56 degrees, or 64 degrees, or any value between.

You will have to go into the map to find the actual heading.

Ok thank you.  Is there a proper place for it in the map or do I have to draw a line down the runway ?. That method isnt working very well for me either.

On the map, you can zoom in.

Zoom into the arrow looking thing at the end of the runway, there will be a heading and a ILS freq.

Theres your heading. 
Coming from the other way? Subtract (or add) 180.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

In the F10 view draw a line along the side edge of the runway to get a more accurate heading. Then minus 6 (for the caucus map each map has a different mag variation) off that number and use the number your left with. E.g on the F10 map the runway number is 07 after I use the ruler to get a more accurate bearing I get 073 I minus 6 for mag variation and I come up with 067. I dial in 067 on HSI and land.

• Thanks 1

This is all new news to me. Driving me a little nuts. So each map has a different mag value I need to subtract from my true hdg ?. Where am I supposed to find these values.

I have 

Persian Gulf

Cauacus 

In the future I will own more. That have different -magnetic values im guessing ?.

I really wish the sim would just provide proper information for the aircraft youre flying. 

33 minutes ago, KillEmAll88 said:

This is all new news to me. Driving me a little nuts. So each map has a different mag value I need to subtract from my true hdg ?. Where am I supposed to find these values.

I have 

Persian Gulf

Cauacus 

In the future I will own more. That have different -magnetic values im guessing ?.

I really wish the sim would just provide proper information for the aircraft youre flying. 

I can't log into the game right now, but I vaguely remember the magnetic variation might show up in the mission briefing, near the bottom where it shows QNH, QFE, vis, wind, etc.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

KillEmAll88  In order to really mess with your noodle...

It will also depend on the date of your mission(s) as well, since there is an annual change to the magnetic variation.  Particularly noticeable if you fly in the Normandy / Channel maps during WWII dates (80 years ago) or current dates.

Of course the mission makers can set whatever date they wish so you may not come across it that often.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks to your replies I got the magnetic bearing and Persian gulf is -2° and has **fixed**my problem with lining up on the HSI and ILS. 

I end up in the opposite problem. 

Now ILS will not give me the glidscope bar or the cammand steering 'Symbol'

(Refer to screenshot)

*PLS/NAV selected (HSI). 

*proper QNH set in HSI directed by tower. 

*elevation set in active steerpoint page. 

*set radar altimeter switch fwd. 

*recieving audio tone. 

*CMD STRNG* highlighted (ILS ON). 

Edit:.

This is also not because of fying above gliscope. The bar sits at the bottom from 10 miles out at 3,000

20210322_200559.png

Edited by KillEmAll88

Hi,

that's because there is something wrong with the ILS on this airbase. The frequencies seem to be fliped. And the ones on the F10 map do not align with the ones in the mission editor.

It has nothing to do with you or the Viper, it's the map.

Maybe you find this discussion useful:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/227445-ils-issues-al-dhafra-ab/?tab=comments#comment-4572627

Greetings

Edited by MadCat1381
typo fixed

ILS is completely screwed up at Al-Dhafra so that's probably why the glideslope was acting up. If I remember correctly one of the ILS frequencies there is even outside of the ILS frequency range so you can't even tune it. We've completely moved over to flying on the Syria map where the ILS frequencies actually work so I have no idea if ED has fixed anything regarding the frequencies on PG.

Also remember that if you don't receive any glideslope information the horizontal ILS bar should be dashed. As you can see in the picture it's solid, so that means that you're receiving glideslope information.

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

On 3/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, KillEmAll88 said:

So each map has a different mag value I need to subtract from my true hdg ?. Where am I supposed to find these values.

Approximately offsets between magnetic and true heading (depending on date and exact position😞

• Caucasus ~ -6°
  • Nevada ~ -12°
  • Normandy ~ +1°
  • Persian Gulf ~ -2°
  • Syria ~ +5°
  • The Channel ~ -6°

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H