Campaign? So... finally yes! Thx!

YoYo

You can't really expect ED to work on a campaign for an early access module when a lot of the systems will change between EA and full release. That is a complete waste of their time. They would have to rewrite and fix the campaign with every patch.

Basic campaign aside, Hind will truly shine with Afghanistan map release where we could see a lot of "reality" based Campaigns, including Apache Campaigns where Brits were flying them there a lot too.

• Like 1

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:39 PM, Fury_007 said:

You can't really expect ED to work on a campaign for an early access module when a lot of the systems will change between EA and full release. That is a complete waste of their time. They would have to rewrite and fix the campaign with every patch.

I agree with some of that, sure. However most modules in DCS are in early access, even the 4-year-old Viggen, and they still have campaigns included. An "early" early access, something like Hornet or Viper at launch? Sure, too many things will change. However a "late" early access, where what is added is secondary, i.e. it does not add major capabilities to the airframe and just expands or corrects existing one? At that point in time, there is no reason NOT to make a campaign for the module.

The Hornet campaign was probably made too early in the module's development. I hope they also wait a little bit for the Hind before making the campaign, at least until most of the armament and systems are in working order. 

@Jumbik for sure the Afghan map will help our Hind shine, but given we haven't seen anything about it in a while, when can it be released? And then someone would have to make the campaign on the new map, which takes at least 6 months optimistically... It seems Ugra is pretty busy with Syria. No matter, I think our existing map pool (Syria especially) can provide excellent fun in the Hind. I think realistic scenarios, even if not totally historical (more like "what if") are possible with what we already have, meaning we can play them without waiting for hypothetical releases of further modules. 

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

From the product page:

On release:

• Cargohold gunner with KORD machine gun
  • Advanced "Petrovich" AI features for pilot or pilot-operator seats
  • Addition of ATGM 9M120 (HEAT and HE versions) and R-60M air to air missiles
  • Sling cargo operations
  • Advanced damage modeling
  • Additional liveries and livery template
  • Full manual in Russian and English (full list of languages is TBD)
  • Campaign by Eagle Dynamics

On 3/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, Gronank said:

Yes, that's the joke. Although...

You take the role as part of a ragtag pirate crew, flying a surplus Hind off a derelict freighter cruising paradise. Performing audacious raids and slyly evaiding your persuers, will you be able to pull off the greatest heist in maritime history?

I kind of want this now.

+1 for the Hind Pirate Campaign! Reads like a plot from a 1950's Biggles book. Most campaigns gravitate towards realistic missions, which is what most people want, but something creative and a bit goofy like this would be a fun change of pace.

• Like 5

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Hornet's mini-campaign had been made way too early, but I think it won't be the case for the Hind. It shouldn't need a long period of early access in order to get all the weapons, since it's mostly gunpods, rockets and bombs, all unguided and for most part already present on other DCS aircraft. While I think it should be put off until Petrovich is at least competent in his role, it shouldn't require a multi-year EA to get the important stuff in place.

I have high hopes for the Hind's campaign, I have to say. ED's record with US-side campaigns had been rather poor, but their Russian mission makers are good. Not BalticDragon level, but about on par with Heatblur. Take Shturmovik and Revanche, both with great writing and voice-acting, even if they don't have much in terms of characters or a story. The only problems are the inevitable bugs, because it's old content, but it's still quite enjoyable. I heard Ka-50 and Mi-8 campaigns are good, too. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...