[NEED HELP FROM ED] Spawn a FARP using LUA

davidp57

Hi, dear ED programmers !

I'm the maintainer of a scripts library used by my squad in our missions.

This library, among other things, allows for spawning units dynamically using map markers.

I've read this post and updated my veafSpawn.lua script to make spawning FARPs possible. 

That's a dream come true, because I've been trying to do this for some time, without success.

I think that recent changes in DCS code did something wonderful that allows FARPs to be spawned, thank you for this !

It's perfectly functional, I've made a small video to demonstrate.

Unfortunately, it does not work in multiplayer.

There is no error, no trace at all, nothing ; and no FARP is spawned.

I tried with an invisible FARP, a single standard FARP, a quad FARP... nothing.

It works perfectly in solo play, but not in multiplayer.

Could someone from the dev team please help me understand what happens ? 

I'm stuck, I don't even know what happens on the server ; no message is logged - even in the trace log :

log.set_output("dcs-trace", "", log.ALL + log.TRACE, log.MESSAGE + log.TIME_LOCAL + log.MODULE + log.LEVEL)

I've attached a debug version of my mission with logging and tracing enabled.

To test, simply run the mission, spawn in the UH-1H slot named "UH-1H test", go to the F10 map, create a map marker nearby and type `-farp` near your helicopter ; click outside of the map marker to validate your entry.

2021-03-31 13_13_03-Digital Combat Simulator.jpg

The FARP should spawn (along with the required units, and decorative things). This only works solo.

2021-03-31 13_13_10-Digital Combat Simulator.jpg

Thanks a lot !

Zip, VEAF.

veaf-demo-mission_20210331.miz

Edited by davidp57
added video

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• ED Team

Hi, 

As far as I am aware spawning a FARP via script does not work as there is no birth event, it is reported, but I have no ETA on a solution. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Cool ; I'll test on 2.7 when it's available, and report here.

Thanks @BIGNEWY!

• Like 1

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...

That's not possible Drexx, at least not in 2.5 ; and the use is, to rearm and refuel, close to the front, in order to make multiple passes.

Well, too bad, it seems that it does not work in 2.7.0.4625 either.

I tried with the same code (mission attached), and I recorded trace logs both in MP (on the server) and SP (on the standalone client) (attached).

I'd love some help from the developers, maybe I can make more tests if they give me directions ?

Thanks, as always.

veaf-demo-mission_20210415.miz sp.log mp.log

Edit I just noted something weird : when the spawn works (that is, in single player), the spawn event is emitted before the log from my code had been written...

Edited by davidp57

I think there was some miscommunication or miss-testing because I never saw it synced in MP. That aspect of it is still bugged. However the farp generating a spawn event might be fixed. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 5 months later...

DCS 2.7.6.12852 Open Beta - ME. Scripting. Fixed the scripting function coalition.addStaticObject not being synced with connected clients to a server.

FARP are now synced in MP but they do nothing more than rearming nearby ground units...
If you land on it with an helo it will not refuel or rearm you if you are in multyplayer.
At least in sigle player it works...

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I confirm, the FARP spawn do work now, but is of no use because the ground crew does not respond to my queries.

@BIGNEWY, we know you're a wizard, could you please use your magic wand to make the dev team aware of this small step that needs to be done to complete this feature ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...