Music via UH-1H radio

062Delta

That's not really much of a modding topic, to be honest. You can set up a trigger in your mission to send any audio file via radio on a specified frequency. Granted, it would be mission-specific, but it's the easiest way.

So in he mission editor. After making a Client Aircraft to fly on a Parking lot. Add a Trigger Once event. You don't need a Condition but you can set one up if you want more control. Next you decide how you want the music sent. 2 ways to do this. NOTE. If you use your AM or FM radio and they take Damage your Music will stop. If you want it to play and don't care if it comes from the AM of FM radio Channels then Add a event to trigger on the Action: Sound to Group pick your client name for the aircraft added. Then pick the sound file you made from the directory you put it in. NOTE. You need to know how to make the sound files. What type .ogg and where to put them 1st. if you know that stuff this is how to do it in the Editor. For AM and FM Broadcasting use the RADIO TRANSMISSION Action fill in all the items from AM or FM what Channel # Change WATTS to 10000 so you can fly to the ends of the map and enjoy the music. Pick the file the same way. get in the Pit and change to the channel you set it up on.

• Like 1

Its very very easy to do, all you need to do is to set up a vehicle,

- then go to advanced waypoint actions - Perform CommandSet Frequency (anything u want).

G8N7hOC.png

eszzLBh.png

- then add a new action, Transmit Message. And check the loop below, it will loop your music.

Then you can select a audio file to play, note the file must be a specific format, .ogg and one other format is okay, not sure what the other one is.

Then you can spawn your huey, tune the radio to that, and you will hear your music ;D

Edited by SchwappingMags

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, 062Delta said:

Hi,

Since the How-to section doesn't seem to get much attention, I thought I would post my original request here.

I thought It may get more exposure in the aircrafts sub-forum instead.

Thanks!

On 5/4/2021 at 10:20 AM, DishDoggie said:

So in he mission editor. After making a Client Aircraft to fly on a Parking lot. Add a Trigger Once event. You don't need a Condition but you can set one up if you want more control. Next you decide how you want the music sent. 2 ways to do this. NOTE. If you use your AM or FM radio and they take Damage your Music will stop. If you want it to play and don't care if it comes from the AM of FM radio Channels then Add a event to trigger on the Action: Sound to Group pick your client name for the aircraft added. Then pick the sound file you made from the directory you put it in. NOTE. You need to know how to make the sound files. What type .ogg and where to put them 1st. if you know that stuff this is how to do it in the Editor. For AM and FM Broadcasting use the RADIO TRANSMISSION Action fill in all the items from AM or FM what Channel # Change WATTS to 10000 so you can fly to the ends of the map and enjoy the music. Pick the file the same way. get in the Pit and change to the channel you set it up on.

Hey folks,

I read the above posts a few months back. My DCS rig was out of commission for a while so I decided to create an app to automate the above described process. I've just posted it in the Mods and apps section

Just wanted to thank you both for the inspiration. I'm really happy with the app.

If you try it, maybe try selecting the "Radio Nam" tuning clips, which I put together specifically for Huey drivers for a bit of added immersion. It will place clips from AFVN and other Vietnam war era broadcasts between your tracks.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

17 hours ago, ShaunX said:

Hey folks,

I read the above posts a few months back. My DCS rig was out of commission for a while so I decided to create an app to automate the above described process. I've just posted it in the Mods and apps section

Just wanted to thank you both for the inspiration. I'm really happy with the app.

If you try it, maybe try selecting the "Radio Nam" tuning clips, which I put together specifically for Huey drivers for a bit of added immersion. It will place clips from AFVN and other Vietnam war era broadcasts between your tracks.

Thanks again.

WOW now I like This Thank You Awesome.