Civilian Objects And Vehicles

Still WIP'ing the lightbars 🚔

I couldn't find "one preset fits all" for day/night/low light but fortunately I can alter the brightness by modifying the beacons' relflector roughmet. So you will be able to select the appropriate brightness simply by selecting a livery. 🙂

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 8

@Eight Ball I don't know if it's just me, but I couldn't get the old generic van or other vehicles to move. 

There is a known thing where the life value has to be at least 1.5 before DCS will allow them to 'be alive'.

I changed all the LUA's for your vehicles to 1.5 and they work fine now.

You might want to investigate: Look at page 5 on this thread:

Civilian Objects v1.95 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

"

tankerman1919
08/18/2021 01:58:50
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I add a civilian vehicle, set up way points, the vehicles WILL NOT MOVE... I have tried everything I could think of... Am I missing something or is this MOD broken since it has not been updated in some time.  I can get the default vehicles to move but not the add on mod vehicles.....
Reply  Link

nighteyes2018
09/14/2021 18:12:39
yep, i ran into the same problem. no movement anymore since the last update. Also, the vehicles do not show icons on the map, but you can still switch to their outside view.
Reply  Parent  Link

alexander.russell
10/01/2021 10:33:34
for those who need help ED changed the life value for ground units, units with a low life value (basically most ground mods) will appear as dead in game, you need to change the life value to 1.5 in lua files for the units. I am not a coder, I do not know the exact problem, nor do I have this mod. Go have a look at the Nato items and inventory thread in forums for more help :)
Reply  Link

Elphaba
10/22/2022 11:33:24
This fixed it! Thank you so much!
Reply  Parent  Link  Edit"

@ElphabaYes, I'm aware of that. Those vehicles have been fixed and are now part of my upcoming civilian vehicles pack. I wont update the ones already released individually because they use some shared textures with other vehicles and the lua or now integrated with the rest of the pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Eight Ball:

Still WIP'ing the lightbars 🚔

I couldn't find "one preset fits all" for day/night/low light but fortunately I can alter the brightness by modifying the beacons' relflector roughmet. So you will be able to select the appropriate brightness simply by selecting a livery. 🙂

Love that! Really great!👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

@Eight Ball

Hi again.

Do you mind if I ask you this...

Your sinking ships - specifically the cargo container one that's split in half.

Would you consider reworking it so that SOME of the containers DON"T move and also the half of the ship that has the landing pad DOESN"T move too? 

I'm trying to place static infantry on them for people to pick up with rescue helos, but after a short period because all the containers and ship moves over the course of the animation, the people are left floating in space.

Even if it was just some specific ones that never move, that would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks.

@Elphaba You can pause the animation with a trigger:

image.png

@AvgeekJoe@Svelerdijk Sorry but I have already way too much on my plate with the civilian vehicles, the ships and some other projects I'm collaborating on.

I do have a "Generation Kill" Humvee pack in the pipes but there's still a lot of work to be done.

V1fceUI.png

------------------

The first wave of civilian vehicles is nearing completion. Still some polishing and cleaning up to do but it should be ready soon.

7qvVd7v.jpg

l5HHYPJ.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

image.png

Hi @Eight Ball

Thanks. I didn't know turning the AI off would pause the sinking; that's really useful. 

But I'm not sure you understood what I meant. 

I still want the ships to sink - it gives the players a time pressure to save as many people as they can - but I don't want parts of the model to MOVE around inside it's animation loop.

Specifically the half with the platform moves closer (I think) to the other half without the platform and all of the containers in the sea move slowly over the 1hour animation.

This means that whilst I placed static people on these objects at the start of the animation, by 1/3 of the way through, they are appearing to float in mid air because the models inside the animation are moving laterally around. 

So if you were to change the animation (at some point) such that the 1/2 of a ship with the platform and SOME of the containers never moved laterally, then I could rely on them for placing people to be rescued.

10 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

image.png

@AvgeekJoe@Svelerdijk Sorry but I have already way too much on my plate with the civilian vehicles, the ships and some other projects I'm collaborating on.

I do have a "Generation Kill" Humvee pack in the pipes but there's still a lot of work to be done.

V1fceUI.png

------------------

The first wave of civilian vehicles is nearing completion. Still some polishing and cleaning up to do but it should be ready soon.

7qvVd7v.jpg

l5HHYPJ.jpg

That firetruck is gorgeous ! You never cease to amaze @Eight Ball

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, Presidium said:

I keep saying that the work of @Eight Ball is AWESOME, the attention to detail is **insane**. And they open a new world of possibilities for DCS as you can see in this video:
I love this guy!!!! 😁

64782373-A0CB-448C-99AB-45D0129EA8F7.jpeg

4004B941-69BF-4869-A110-440298408445.jpeg

3E44CA2E-FA4E-4AAF-8550-208CE73D28EF.jpeg

• Like 3

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On 1/7/2023 at 2:35 AM, Elphaba said:

Thanks. I didn't know turning the AI off would pause the sinking; that's really useful. 

But I'm not sure you understood what I meant. 

I still want the ships to sink - it gives the players a time pressure to save as many people as they can - but I don't want parts of the model to MOVE around inside it's animation loop.

Specifically the half with the platform moves closer (I think) to the other half without the platform and all of the containers in the sea move slowly over the 1hour animation.

This means that whilst I placed static people on these objects at the start of the animation, by 1/3 of the way through, they are appearing to float in mid air because the models inside the animation are moving laterally around. 

So if you were to change the animation (at some point) such that the 1/2 of a ship with the platform and SOME of the containers never moved laterally, then I could rely on them for placing people to be rescued.

I see, I'll make a alternate animation for the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, crazyeddie said:

A few liveries for the JR Moore Tugboat, all generic so you can add anything you like to the funnels, the hull and superstructure sides are mirror images so unsuitable for adding names etc.  Simply drop the file into the Liveries folder. 

I have included a Default livery to replace the one in the Mod, for some weird reason the default wont show up in the ME drop downs when you have other liveries, it needs the actual texture files in order to work properly. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aod9tf89vyswnn4/jr-more.zip?dl=0

1.png

2.png

3.png

-These liveries look great, but the file link is dead/removed? Any chance that could be made available again? 

also, fwiw, the other ships in this pack seem to have some of the portholes illuminated -- but the JR tug seems to be missing this, it's cold & dark in comparison.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

@Arrow11Glad you like it 🙂

---------------------------------------------------

Available in the first post 👇

6N3N0ZW.jpg

Downloading now. this is amazing. Thanks so much.

Any chance of having women (clothed) as some drivers? 

Also, any chance of a CIVILIAN PERSON PACK? Where you have men and women and even children that walk/run and have 'panicked' states / Changes of clothes / colours of clothes?

Desperately need these for CAS missions and rescue missions. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

Downloading now. this is amazing. Thanks so much.

Any chance of having women (clothed) as some drivers? 

Also, any chance of a CIVILIAN PERSON PACK? Where you have men and women and even children that walk/run and have 'panicked' states / Changes of clothes / colours of clothes?

Desperately need these for CAS missions and rescue missions. 

I like the sound of as Civ Person Pack, id love to use and see them dotted around here and there and would make a perfect airshow setup im sure.

• Like 3