Little bit more FPS. HELP !!!

Hello,

My PC:

CPU: I7 2600 @3.40GHz

GPU:NVidia GT 1030 2GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD:220GB (DCS)

Monitor: 1440x900 (using it as in game resoulution)

What do you recommend me buying first, im flying MI-8 on Caucasus..

I just need smooth performance, im not in DCS for grapichs im just there to fly and learn essential things.

I have everything on low.. Some things on medium..On not populated area with small amount of objects i can get 60 fps from cockpit, but over cities my fps goes down to 30. Would you recommend me buying 16GB 3200MHz ? I know my GPU is bad but .. My budget is really low, around 150$, but in bosnia things are even more expensive. Will 16GB 3200MHz bring me better expirience ?

Edited by segax

Try using FAST SYNC instead from within your nvidia control panel, it is tear free and doesn't suffer from the halving of FPS from 60 to 30 as you describe (also remember to untick VSYNC in DCS options otherwise it will override the nvidia control panel setting)

5 minutes ago, schurem said:

More RAM. And start saving for a real gpu.

Yeah more RAM, but what is for you a real gpu ? Any examples ?

5 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Try using FAST SYNC instead from within your nvidia control panel, it is tear free and doesn't suffer from the halving of FPS from 60 to 30 as you describe (also remember to untick VSYNC in DCS options otherwise it will override the nvidia control panel setting)

My in game settings. And can you explain me what is "FAST SYNC"

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by segax

I’d turn shadows off completely… At your budget I would say that’s the best you can do, memory will help some, but, saving up I think would be a good option rather than spending the money because it’s available…

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

33 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Yeah, thanks i did that.

42 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I’d turn shadows off completely… At your budget I would say that’s the best you can do, memory will help some, but, saving up I think would be a good option rather than spending the money because it’s available…

You think that i dont need to buy 16GB 3200MHz, i can afford that. But any other upgrades are impossible for me rn. Ill save money for new GPU in next few months. 

i think you need a lot of things, if your MB can drive 3200mhz then that would be a reusable upgrade, i  think it will improve things... by how much i really couldnt say  a lot depends on why you are getting the perf you are now 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

3 hours ago, segax said:

CPU: I7 2600 @3.40GHz

GPU:NVidia GT 1030 2GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD:220GB (DCS)

Monitor: 1440x900 (using it as in game resoulution)

What do you recommend me buying first, im flying MI-8 on Caucasus..

I just need smooth performance, im not in DCS for grapichs im just there to fly and learn essential things.

I have everything on low.. Some things on medium..On not populated area with small amount of objects i can get 60 fps from cockpit, but over cities my fps goes down to 30. Would you recommend me buying 16GB 3200MHz ? I know my GPU is bad but .. My budget is really low, around 150$, but in bosnia things are even more expensive. Will 16GB 3200MHz bring me better expirience ?

Yeah your PC is below minimum requirements. honestly, you will need to upgrade everything if you want enjoy the game and have a good experience, but if you need my advice here are my recommendations: 

If you don't have enough money or prices are too high what you can do is stick to your current build until prices drop, To improve your performance you can shut down almost every background application when playing and doing every optimization method out there, also if you have good cooling and temps you can overclock some of your components such as CPU,GPU,RAM if you are new to overclocking here is what you can use to overclock easily. Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for CPU, MSI Afterburner for GPU, BIOS for Memory and also you can decrease your resolution for more FPS but quality would be bad.

If you have enough money for small upgrade I would recommend upgrading your GPU to something like 1060,1050Ti,970,1650,1660 or anything better would make the game playable at 60FPS at least and you won't need to run everything at lowest settings. also you can add 8GB more RAM but it won't make much difference also make sure it's compatible with your current RAM and use dual channel.

Edited by RosyPlays

Hey segax, I feel your pain. I have a 'similar' system (i5 2500 + 12GB RAM + GTX970) and played a lot with the different graphic options.

Some tips for you to test before buying any PC part:

- Make sure you have Power Management mode set as "Performance" on NVIDIA Control Panel (screenshot below);
- Set Cutter/Grass to zero (DCS option);
- Set Terrain Object Shadows set to Off (DCS option).

For me it resolved some stutter/low FPS when taxing or flying low in choppers.

Cheers!

Help_NCP.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:06 PM, Zanchs said:

Hey segax, I feel your pain. I have a 'similar' system (i5 2500 + 12GB RAM + GTX970) and played a lot with the different graphic options.

Some tips for you to test before buying any PC part:

- Make sure you have Power Management mode set as "Performance" on NVIDIA Control Panel (screenshot below);
- Set Cutter/Grass to zero (DCS option);
- Set Terrain Object Shadows set to Off (DCS option).

For me it resolved some stutter/low FPS when taxing or flying low in choppers.

Cheers!

Help_NCP.JPG

Thanks, ill try it!