DCS: Black Shark, Russian Version has gone gold

Wags

The Russian version of Black Shark will not be available to western customers. The western version will be available in both retail (DVD) and download versions, but not until early 2009. However, ED does plan on releasing a western demo between now and then.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updated info, so what if its not good news;

It's not the end of the world, we still have the demo and other goodies coming to keep us busy before the Western release!!

I would be surprised to see an English manual before the western release now. But I'm hoping that hasn't changed

Note: due to unfortunate circumstances following the Russian release of DCS: Black Shark, TFC/ED and 1C have been forced to alter their publishing plans for both the eastern and western versions. Please see the edited announcement for changes to the plan as it stands at this point. The updated announcement can be found here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32379

As always, we appreciate your support.

Very sorry to hear this, but these things happen, I hope the issue is nothing to serious. I'll just do some Reading and look forward to the demo and manuals instead. Keep up the good work Ed, we are all still here and not going anywhere, so don't worry to much :) at least you know the sim will sell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Didn't someone from ED tell that due to nature of the sim market ED will not deal with any external publishers? :music_whistling:

P.S. Is Poland a western country now? ;)

(Ha-sss, ha-sss) What is it Luke (ha-sss), you don't like it here with me... (ha-sss) on the dark side? (Ha-sss)

721_darth_vader_fighting_luke_skywalker.gif

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Note: due to unfortunate circumstances following the Russian release of DCS: Black Shark, TFC/ED and 1C have been forced to alter their publishing plans for both the eastern and western versions. Please see the edited announcement for changes to the plan as it stands at this point. The updated announcement can be found here:

..and what are the unfortunate circumstances?.. this was all so badly handled. I am very disappointed :(

After signing a "Patriot" treaty? Well... isn't that is what Poland always wanted? :smilewink:

It's not about what Poland wants. It's about will Russian version of DCS be available for Poland. I guess it will not be, because it's for CIS countries and Baltic countries. Poland goes to 'the rest of the world' 2009 release.

It's not about what Poland wants. It's about will Russian version of DCS be available for Poland. I guess it will not be, because it's for CIS countries and Baltic countries. Poland goes to 'the rest of the world' 2009 release.

(ha-sss, ha-sss) That's what I meant under "not liking the dark side" :smilewink:

• Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

:cry: OUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: ED Mods,I hope you guy's are getting"Battle"pay,due to this unfortunate PR, things are going to get extremely ugly around here,keep your heads down,I'll see ya when the dust settles............bye,bye

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to get it right, the English version is not finished yet, correct? That means it will rather get February until the international version is released?

Well, if we have to wait 4 months, I guess I will add another 5 and wait for the next addon... :hmm:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

:cry: OUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: ED Mods,I hope you guy's are getting"Battle"pay,due to this unfortunate PR, things are going to get extremely ugly around here,keep your heads down,I'll see ya when the dust settles............bye,bye

WTH is going on, everybody is being permanently banned, even long time forum members, were there some mass rants?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Just to get it right, the English version is not finished yet, correct? That means it will rather get February until the international version is released?

Well, if we have to wait 4 months, I guess I will add another 5 and wait for the next addon... :hmm:

Richtig.

Aber ich denke solange wie BlackShark gebraucht hat wird es lдnger als 5 Mon<te brauchen nochmal eine neues Modell hinzuzufьgen.

Das ist doch kein Lego...

Richtig.

Aber ich denke solange wie BlackShark gebraucht hat wird es lдnger als 5 Mon<te brauchen nochmal eine neues Modell hinzuzufьgen.

Das ist doch kein Lego...

This is an english forum....would be great if you wrote your opinion in english like everyone else. I am also a bit disapointed of what happened, but what is worse is closing threads and banning members just because they have an opinion the devs nok like...

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

This is an english forum....would be great if you wrote your opinion in english like everyone else. I am also a bit disapointed of what happened, but what is worse is closing threads and banning members just because they have an opinion the devs nok like...

In the best communist tranditions of policed state :music_whistling:

• Like 2

but what is worse is closing threads and banning members just because they have an opinion the devs nok like...
We have our reasons.

In the best communist tranditions of policed state :music_whistling:
30% for 1 month.

Keep it up, guys!

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

Running my own successful game dev studio I understand and sympathize with the problems associated with releasing a product successfuly especialy worldwide but it really isn't difficult to put a downloadable version up, considering it is probably most profitable for the developer. Unless its some weird and wonderful contract with 1C where ED have no say in anything at all. Considering how amazing this sim is, very little is known about it outside the hardcore community. I have not seen anything about it in any game related magazines, including the developer only mags. Certain other russian flight sims were on every page of the press to make sure public and developers worldwide know about it. Considering how difficult it is to get the game even in Russia after the release and how little marketing has been done it no suprise the west is forgotten completely. It took my friend in Novosibirsk 4 days of running around to buy 2 jewel case copies. Either bad management, bad contract, bad publisher relationship or who knows what else but the potential is enourmous. Hopefuly it's just a question of time.

@Airway

Yes, correct, the next addon will take longer than 9 month. But only the international version - LOL :megalol:

@ Kaptein_Damli

Indeed, this random banning is really ridiculous.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

funkman, thank you for a more level-headed post. Note the difference between you previous one, which we appreciate.

Although we can't discuss the reasons for the change in the plans to provide an online version of Black Shark to the West, I would assure you that ED has them. It isn't about difficulty, as an online version will be made available, but only for consumers from the CIS.

As to the rest of your post, TFC/ED will begin marketing the western version over the next months in preparation for its release early in 2009, including demos and previews in various magazines, etc.

Indeed, this random banning is really ridiculous.
For the last time - we do not ban people randomly and we won't allow any more of that crap here.
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

Maybe the wait will be hard but a DVD copy will be best for everybody on this hemisphere.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I know EB, my bad, it was just some frustration coming out :smilewink:

Thats a good extra update, thanks for that. Hope all goes well for the western release, I shall definitely buy every version that is possible to buy 10 fold, this product is worth supporting and that is part of the reason for frustration - concern for the future.

I know EB, my bad, it was just some frustration coming out :smilewink:
Believe me, I understand. The past week has been very difficult for all us here.

Thats a good extra update, thanks for that. Hope all goes well for the western release, I shall definitely buy every version that is possible to buy 10 fold, this product is worth supporting and that is part of the reason for frustration - concern for the future.
Thank you. I know it may be difficult to see through the dust right now, but I'm sure it will settle soon enough.
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules