Is there any way to bind specific jester actions ? (Request)

secretcode

I been learning the F-14, and it is awesome but flying as a single guy is very complex as we all know.

So I'm using Voice Attack to talk to jester and ask him to do things like "Change range to 100", "Select Waypoint 2", "Ground Stabilize", etc.

The way I made it possible was making A LOT of macros in Voice Attack so that when I say "Stabilize Ground" VA executes:

1. Press A (Open Jester Menu)
  2. Press LCtrl + 7 (Select TID Ground Stabilize)
  3. Press LCtrl + 1 (Select 15s)

This works fine in some cases but then I have a huge problem. If I select A/G mode, and then say: "Stabilize Ground" the command executes but the menu of Jester now is different because now it shows me the menu options of Jester for air to ground.

So If I am on Air to Ground, and tell jester with Voice Attack to "Stabilize Ground" it will execute the same commands as before but now it will eject my selected weapons!

Because the menu of jester is not the same when you are air to ground than when you are air to air.

1. Press A (Open Jester Menu. Now it opens the A/G Menu)
  2. Press LCtrl + 7 (Jettison Selected Weapons)
  3. Press LCtrl + 1 (  )

So I would like to know If there is any way to bind specific actions. For example bind Ctrl + 1, so jester can Change Radar to Range While Scan or Ctrl + 9 to Stabilize Ground, or select active ordnance, or any option in the Jester menu.

I know maybe HB doesn't want it to be this way because then people might just bind everything and fly the tomcat without needing a RIO.

But having a jester menu is the same, just that the process takes longer and people like me who want to use voice commands for a more realistic interaction can't do so, or have many problems in the process.

I don't know if HB will read my message, but please allow us to bind any action in the controls or at least to bind direct access to A/A menu and A/G menu separately.

Thanks!

-edit-

I know there are some bindings available right now, such as those of changing range, selecting waypoint and aircraft stabilize, but these are just the basic ones. It would be pretty helpful to have access to all of the jester options.

--

Edited by secretcode
I know there are some bindings you can add right now.

You should take a look at vaicom pro with airio. It's a VA add on. 

I used it from day one on and have never seen the jester wheel until now, even though I did spent a couple 100 hours in the Tomcat. It's almost natural to talk to jester, even though you still have to remember a lot of key phrases. 

• Like 1

I've been looking at it and looks so awesome. But there is one thing I didn't like about it and it is that it hides the jester wheel for ever. I would like to have the voice commands but also the ability to open the wheel so I can access the available TACANS in the mission for example.

Or the menu that shows you the frecuency of the tankers.

There is a kind of jester wheel for some rarely used stuff like input of coordinates for a SP. Frequency wise there is a select command, where you name a station and amend with select, which should lead to the radio being tuned. Tacan stations are shown in a kind of menu of you want (tacan tune Texaco e.g) 

For my flying in the squad, I use a little add on which alowes to use the push button x command. Jester will tune the preset channel which are, in multiplayer, most of the times are set by the mission maker. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

It will be like "Jester, scan range 100" but you are able to set aliases for every command. That might be important for a non native english speaker as well.

Since that's me, I sometimes set an alias for what speach recognition thinks I'm saying. For example I got huge problems to make the "tune radio 123.000 command work, so I put in a" said (that's what recognition understands if I say set) radio 123.000

So you can customize your profile like you see fit. 

But be aware, I had a pretty steep learning curve to set all this up, but it was worth it. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

On 6/15/2021 at 7:52 PM, secretcode said:

I know maybe HB doesn't want it to be this way because then people might just bind everything and fly the tomcat without needing a RIO.

It's not a problem because direct bindings are just used to tell Jester what to do, they don't do things directly from the front seat omitting RIO, Jester still does it all.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

It's not a problem because direct bindings are just used to tell Jester what to do, they don't do things directly from the front seat omitting RIO, Jester still does it all.

If this is not a problem then I truly hope HB allow us to bind every jester options.

On 6/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, secretcode said:

If this is not a problem then I truly hope HB allow us to bind every jester options.

Of course that is planned. But before having finished Lantirn for him and overhauling other parts, it is a bit of a fruitless effort unfortunately atm, as we likely would have to re-do at least half of it.

If you have specific wishes please add them to the keybind requests thread pinned at the top of the bug forum for the F14. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, IronMike said:

Of course that is planned. But before having finished Lantirn for him and overhauling other parts, it is a bit of a fruitless effort unfortunately atm, as we likely would have to re-do at least half of it.

If you have specific wishes please add them to the keybind requests thread pinned at the top of the bug forum for the F14. Thank you!

I cannot find that topic sorry.

A "jettison tanks" for Jester would be awesome! In dire moments it would be handy 😄

Sorry my bad, I found the topic in bugs reports.

Edited by tsgucci