Leap Support!!!

I tap it in the direction I want to turn, the trick I think is learning where the activation points are on each rotary.

So rotating clockwise I would tap the finger from left to right just above the axis of the rotary, now I'm not sure if the activation point is static or rotates with the switch?

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb edmuss:

tap it in the direction I want to turn, the trick I think is learning where the activation points are on each rotary.

So rotating clockwise I would tap the finger from left to right just above the axis of the rotary, now I'm not sure if the activation point is static or rotates with the switch?

It would be great if the guys from ED could tell us 😉

3 hours ago, A.F. said:

It would be great if the guys from ED could tell us 😉

Time for a "@BIGNEWY here, from Eagle Dynamics...." video demonstrating all of the functionality of the leap motion😁

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, fabio.dangelo said:

@BIGNEWY Can I ask you a question?

e Leap with 2.9 works perfectly with Eagle modules.
While for third parties you need to use the pointer.

What do third parties need to fully implement it?

Credi che prima o poi anche le terze parti  implementeranno il Leap?

Hi Fabio

it is up to the developer if / how they implement VR devices in each aircraft. It is part of the SDK as far as I am aware but will check. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The hands work just fine now but flipping the switches is still a challenge.

My fingers seem to have some kind of laserbeam that can be used to choose the correct switch but I do not know what gesture I should use to flip the switch.
I recalled something about turning this "laser" off but it was too long ago....

2 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hi edmuss, please try the following:
take a knob between your thumb and index finger and turn the knob in the desired direction...
It's still a bit tricky, but you'll be amazed 😉

Really? 😯

I'll test later, amazing if that's the case, I did try the other night but didn't achieve anything.

@Leader98 you can turn off the laser pointers on the VR tab or special tab (depending on which you've enabled it from but most people are having best experience enabling it from the VR tab).

edit: sometimes I think a lot of the fun of DCS open beta updates is discovering new functionality that hasn't been documented anywhere😁

Edited by edmuss
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A.F. said:

This is also a healthy attitude 😉

You mean instead of whinging about it like kids?

edit:

6 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hi edmuss, please try the following:
take a knob between your thumb and index finger and turn the knob in the desired direction...
It's still a bit tricky, but you'll be amazed 😉

Do you mean rotary knobs like the abris on the ka50 or a multi position rotary switch?
The rotary knob does work quite nicely with the thumb/index, seems more controllable than previously.

Couldn't get the same to work on a multiposition switch, this is still the biggest failing of leap so far in DCS.

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb edmuss:

Do you mean rotary knobs like the abris on the ka50 or a multi position rotary switch?
The rotary knob does work quite nicely with the thumb/index, seems more controllable than previously.

Couldn't get the same to work on a multiposition switch, this is still the biggest failing of leap so far in DCS.

Yes, rotary knobs in the F 16 like the brightness control for the instruments or the attitude indicator.

And one more thing has improved: I can no longer move my virtual hands with my head movement.
That is, the time offset between head movement and Leap Motion input has disappeared. 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi Fabio

it is up to the developer if / how they implement VR devices in each aircraft. It is part of the SDK as far as I am aware but will check. 

thanks

Well, ED surely has some kind of standards for the developers of mods. 
They put so much development time into implementing Leap Motion and making it better.
You could declare Leap Motion as a standard...

I will add it to the wishlist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Il 30/10/2023 at 14:23, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

Hi Fabio

thanks

I don't think it is that simple, in addition to the mouse obviously the hands present in cockpit guided by the controllers also work fine, but if we replace the controllers with the Leap here is that nothing works anymore... there must be something that the developer of the module has to implement specifically, otherwise it would work like with VR controllers

• 2 weeks later...

My hand tracking still isn't very accurate with my Crystal. I still have to press beyond the button to get it to work. @edmuss I tried disabling it in the Special tab and enabling it in the VR tab but I can't get my hands to show up.

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

I don't know what pimax does with the hand tracking, pretty sure it's ultraleap hardware but I don't know what software it's running on. Have you tried with the ultraleap Gemini drivers?

12 hours ago, Hammer3246 said:

Make sure OpenXR support isn't enabled in the ultraleap program.

Openxr support needs to be enabled if you're using openxr, I think 9/10 users probably are now.

4 hours ago, edmuss said:

Openxr support needs to be enabled if you're using openxr, I think 9/10 users probably are now.

Really, okay.  I just got mine yesterday and it wouldn't start in VR so I had to disable it.  Any idea what I may have done wrong?

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

29 minutes ago, Hammer3246 said:

Really, okay.  I just got mine yesterday and it wouldn't start in VR so I had to disable it.  Any idea what I may have done wrong?

If you want it to run in an openxr environment (assuming that you're using open beta) then the leap motion drivers need to have the support enabled.  It's supported openxr for the last couple of years though.

17 minutes ago, fabio.dangelo said:

I solved it by deleting the registry key that pointed to "C:\Program Files\Ultraleap\OpenXR\UltraleapHandTracking.json"

Find in regedit this string "C:\Program Files\Ultraleap\OpenXR\UltraleapHandTracking.json" and delete the key

At least for me this solved the problem

Is this with a leapmotion 1 or 2?  Which version of the gemini drivers?
I've not updated the software for mine in the last month or two but it works perfectly for me with 2.9 and activated from the VR tab.

34 minutes ago, edmuss said:

If you want it to run in an openxr environment (assuming that you're using open beta) then the leap motion drivers need to have the support enabled.  It's supported openxr for the last couple of years though.

Is this with a leapmotion 1 or 2?  Which version of the gemini drivers?
I've not updated the software for mine in the last month or two but it works perfectly for me with 2.9 and activated from the VR tab.

Yep, i'm using the open beta and I've just tried again.  If I have Xr support enable in leap DCS won't load into VR and if I try to enable it in the Special menu its tells me to connect device even though it is, uncheck it in leap and it loads VR fine and the hand tracking works.

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

How are you running handtracking in DCS?  The option on the special tab is purely for an external leap motion sensor running the gemini drivers as far as I'm aware.

Blimey, I've not had to copy that over in over a year 😮
I wonder if something has been deprecated with all the recent updates to leap implementation in DCS?