I think this might have become my favorite helicopter module!

sirrah

Even though it's still in very early Early Access 😛, I'm starting to believe this has already become my favorite helicopter module!

Initially she appears to be quite a handful to handle, but once you get it, it's a real joy to fly.

Working together with Petrovich (also once you get the feeling) works like a charm!

I was flying on the 4YA Caucasus server yesterday and at some point I managed to destroy 3 anti air units in just one attack run, leaving 2 nearby Ka-50 pilots wondering what just happened while they were hover-hiding behind buildings trying not to get shot 😛 

(I know I know, with Petro on the optical sight, it's sort of like cheating, but nonetheless I had so much fun!)

Thank you ED, I'm having an absolute blast in this beast!! :cheer3nc:

• Like 8

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

For me Hind is the best helicopter in DCS by far. If I compare K50, UH-1, Gazzele,Mi8, Hind is the clear winner. It's fast, well armed and a pleasure to fly.  Great job ED.

Edited by Flia
  • Like 3

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Yeah, i really like that i have to think more about tactics, be more creative and strategic as a pilot. Every engagement contains more risk and more reward at the same time. It's definitely more thrilling than attacking from a much more safer distance. I'm absolutely enjoying it since release.

• Like 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Spent some time yesterday... dancing on the aerobatic server... in this gentle giant...
Such a joy tossing it arround... and then plunging down for that speed demon pass over the taxiway pointy nosed flyboys...
It is all I ever imagined flying the Hind would be... Not in one moment was I surprised by some quirky flight model reaction or similar...
It was worth the wait... just 25 years... from my first direct modem connection in Digital Integration Mi-24 with a friend (pilot/gunner)...
...till today... pure... DCS Mi-24 Hind awesomness...

Well done ED!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Just now, Aries said:

It was worth the wait... just 25 years... 

I am tempted....

image.png

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, even seeing this as EA isn't really bad! CRG ED! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The first my wish only - voice for Petrovich 🙂 !

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

The first my wish only - voice for Petrovich 🙂 !

Mine is to have AI as wingman that has intelligence to fly and attack as in group.

Really, so simple stuff as "when your lead fires, you fire" in tight formation.

Now it is the common furball.

We need a new communication that what weapon to use without mission editor.

This means it would be nice to have automatic voice "Switching to gun" or "switching to rockets" when you do so as flight leader. Just to inform rest of the flight that what is the plan.

Similar thing is that when you command Petrovich to scan a generic area, you talk that to whole flight as well, so they can as well scan and aim already the targets. 

As now major feature of the whole Mi-24 doctrine is completely missing, where you take whole group attacking the same area. First everyone engage with 1-2 missiles, get to rocket range and launch first salvo when lead does, and then turn away. Come for a second turn, launch the rockets and switch to gun and go for the kill. 

Now it is that you fly with AI and you can only command own operator to scan specific area and engage some targets. If you command flight to engage ground targets (attack of opportunity) or your target, they are "No can do! Unable! Negative!" and they don't do anything through whole attack phase (1-2 missiles, rockets + gun). Then when the ground units starts to shoot at you, they bug out just calling "Engaged" and then soon "Rejoin". 

That is like "Thank you for doing nothing". But now you can call them to engage ground units as they have suddenly got awareness that there is something to shoot. 

But they will just use missiles from 3 km and nothing else. 

Would as well be nice to get the proper 2/4 chopper wing and then 2-3 of such to follow you in good pace. So you could perform the 2-4 attack waves on the commanded (engaged) area. 

It would become fancy destructive force to fly alone with the AI.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It is completely crazy that this is the only major combat sim in the last 25 years to model the Hind as a seriously modelled asset (OK so there is take on helicopters and Arma ) And ironically, in many ways it is reminicent of that earlier DI sim. I still have it in a box somewhere. I keep meaning to install it and see if it still works. Great memories, particularly the near impossiblity of landing that one too.

As far as this iteration, I think petrovich is too good as a gunner, too bad as a pilot. I think the way the cueing of the gunner is done, im not a big fan of. Whats with the in helmet sight to cue the direction? Ive not read that the hind has anything like that. I would much prefer something  with more sophisticated AI like the Heatblur setup, although Im sure voice attack would be a slicker way of employing the current system.

All that said, its my favourite sim. Yes, even more so than the Mig21 and the F14 and the Huey. You can feel the weight of this thing when you throw it around. The speed of it is insane, the firepower makes you giggle like a litttle girl. The sound is probably the best ED have done yet, really reminicent of when 5 Czech hinds once flew over my house. And it doesnt even have R60 yet, which im sure will be hilarious to use in helicopter dogfights on the Nevada or Persian Gulf maps, flying around the cities.

Its truly great work, and thanks to ED for putting so much into this one.

We are getting so much Red Air now, we are really going to have to think about putting a 'Red Eagles'  opfor unit together. The only way you can use these things the way they were intended is en mass after all.

• Like 3

I couldn't wait for release, so I bought the DI Hind (and more) on GoG. It installs and seems to work, but I have controls issues. Well, I still have the original CD-ROM as well, but didn't bother to try to install. Haha

I agree with a lot of what you say. It's a blast, and the EA release has exceeded my expectations, so this will be good!
I use VoiceAttack too, and have mapped most of Peterson's tasks. But maybe we'll get something like ARIO for VAICOM. That would be cool, or may not even be necessary, unless their's some hidden stuff.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk