At the risk

Gary

I appreciate this may not go down really well with the moderators, BUT

Any update on the D/L version for us impatient soles?

I dont think its unreasonable to ask personally.

I know the response to date has been soon, but christmas is soon according to my kids! and at 43, my 50th seems soon also!

Even if the reply is "we hope to release next Friday, subject to confirmation" thats fine.

Just gives us some more detail.....and I accept that thursday may see an update saying "actually delayed until...xxxxx"...

Just sooo much better than soon!

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

at the risk of being frowned upon:

my guess is that there won't be a russian digital download version anytime soon. or if it will be, it will not be for sale to people outside russia/cis.

the reason being that you can easily change the language from russian to english of (most of) Black Shark by deleting/renaming a single folder. ed won't risk compromising their market by letting westerners buy black shark cheap if they can charge much more, imho.

hope i'm wrong, though.

my guess is that there won't be a russian digital download version anytime soon. or if it will be, it will not be for sale to people outside russia/cis.

the reason being that you can easily change the language from russian to english of (most of) Black Shark by deleting/renaming a single folder. ed won't risk compromising their market by letting westerners buy black shark cheap if they can charge much more, imho.

hope i'm wrong, though.

Jam,

Im personally confident your wrong here. We have been advised that the western version is not likely until next year and the reasons for this (western censorship classification etc)

However, some of us impatient souls are willing to purchase a Russian version ahead of this and I was asking for some more detail when this will actually be available...or at least target date...

I see this as a great opportunity for the developers to maximise revenue from their product as some on here (me included) will happily pay for both versions whatever the price!

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

hope i'm wrong, though.

Whether or not it is this simple to change it to English (I highly, highly doubt it), that is a rather interesting idea. Makes sense. Why possibly sell BS for $15 to everyone when Westerners will gladly pay more. Do NOT take this as a jab at ED. Because:

1. It makes good sense.

2. I would do the exact same thing

3. I'll be buying BS even if it costs 10 times this amount! ;)

My question is, would it be possible for ED to sell the English version before the rating at a requirement of being able to prove your 18, that way (to my knowledge) no matter what the rating turns out to be, their covered. Furthermore, I have noticed that Steam allows not rated games to be sold over their network, so why not just put it on steam unrated once the translation is done, and then release the boxed version once the rating can be put on the box.... I am 99% sure that there is no way in hell that DCS BS could be rated M or AO. I see it getting ether E10 or T here in the states.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

I suggested in some other thread to use IP screening/filtering. If I cannot watch Veoh or ABC in my country, same feature could be applied in online webshop. Let me have some commercial advantage over them, at least once in my lifetime.

Theres no reason why at least 75% of world population (and customers) have to be deprived of some product just because they are not approved by US/EU. They not a measure, and this is not a make-up or cosmetic product that is tested on animals.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

• ED Team
Has a Western Publisher been confirmed yet? Sorry I don't remember seeing this

The Fighter Collection

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?lang=en&end_pos=150&scr=default

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Whether or not it is this simple to change it to English (I highly, highly doubt it) [snip]

you can test it for yourself, unfortunately. and that's as far as i'm willing to go into it.

[snip] 3. I'll be buying BS even if it costs 10 times this amount! ;)

so would i. i've been waiting for the russian version since the imminent release was announced. it doesn't matter if my russian is pathetic - i just want to buy the game already. and then buy the english version, because let's face it: if the russian version is sold to us at 16 eur (as it is priced on ozon.ru) they're giving it away for free.

but i think people that would buy games like that are just a (more or less) vocal minority.

IF you had read the earlier thread on the subject of how to make the russian version into an english version , you would understand....simply put the english stuff is 'internal' in the game, while the russian version actually uses 'external' files for all text in the game.

Let's state it that way:

Some options like the metric and imperial system, for example are part of the game, thus are in the game from the beginning.

Then, there were non CIS-Betatesters from the very beginning, so there probably was the necessity to give an international access to all main aspects of the game.

This is more or less a backdoor, though, not the official way, nor the official supported way, so it may not be openly discussed here any further than that.

Besides that, it's probably obvious, that these main-aspects most probable don't include mission description, trainings and videos, etc. Just the basics as main menus and AFAIK English tooltips.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I appreciate this may not go down really well with the moderators, BUT

Any update on the D/L version for us impatient soles?

I dont think its unreasonable to ask personally.

Well its a little unreasonable when no one has the answer :) .

I think this thread has wandered a little off topic and has been overtaken with another thread...

I suggest moderators close this one?

Ok :)

JJ