RWS after patch

foxl

Hi.

Did something change after patch, i cant soft lock anymore in rws mode? i have to push TMS up twice to get the target on my HUD. but then he knows i am locking him?

Thanks for help

Works for me!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

A few issues:

1. There is incorrect symbology on the FCR now.  A non datalink symbol is overlayed on top of the datalink symbol.  This only happens in RWS SAM mode.  Not in the others.
  2. Antenna elevation is not adjusted automatically.  If the track goes outside of your scan zone, it will drop soft lock.  This may be intentional, but it was not like that previously and is not like that for TWS or STT.
  3. 120s fired at a SAM target do not loft.  The otherwise perform normally, but definitely do not loft.  The same target in the exact same parameters will have the 120 loft if fired in STT or TWS.

Bottom line, only partially fixed.

• Like 1

#1 Ah yes, SAM AUTO bugged target is a track and this track would be subject to correlation like any other track.

#2 SAM AUTO should be centering elevation and azimuth on the bug. In SAM MANUAL it's possible for search zone to not be centered (or even contain) bugged target but track will not be dropped. SAM MANUAL doesn't appear to be modeled yet.

#3 Yeah that's no good. AIM-120s perform qualitatively the same regardless of radar mode.