DCS config folder

Apollo0nz

For some odd reason my game crashed then blue screened and then it wouldn't open DCS, this has happened before and I had to do a complete reinstall of windows to then find out it was my config folder and then the same thing happened again today so I had to delete my config folder which is really frustrating and annoying. Has this happened to anyone else before and is there a way to put an end to it?

have you tried without the config folder. like renaming it? i am guessing you had a backup? i familiar trick provided by DCS helpers is to rename that folder and let it recreate on next run of DCS. then put bits and pieces back until it crashes again. then you have your culprit file.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

A game doesn't cause a Windows BSOD on its own. Your blue screens will return. You should take a look at you Windows Event viewer logs at the time of your last BSOD to learn more about the failure. We can help. Paste the BSOD message here.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Bluescreens are very rare these days. (can't remember my last one)

I would suppose some hardware issues. Perhaps a faulty drive.

Do as Flappie suggested. The error log may give some hints.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

funny you should mention it. i am a sys admin and my laptop and two others had random BSODs today. my BSOD was interesting. i was able to login to my computer after it taking a while. so i thought we were having network issues. it finally made it to desktop and not internet. restarted computer, took forever and finally BSOD. i think it was a crap driver. but that is a point. make sure everything is up to date. 

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain