clearwater shaders broken after update?

DavePastry

Anyone else getting a game breaking error loading into syria with the clearwater shaders after todays update? I removed the mod and dcs was still broken, verified game files and loaded in fine, readded clearwater shaders and problem reappeared. 

I910900K, 4090, 32gb,Varjo Aero, no compromises: all VR all the time. 

delete FXO and Metashaders folders in saved games?

• Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

try a cleanup/repair. that mod error looks like you have speedtrees mod? or a modified d3dcompiler47 file error.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

only mods I'm using are clearwater vr shaders, and mustang 2.7 shaders. 

tried repair already, what's weird is it's only the syria map

EDIT marianas also has same crash, caucuses and Persian gulf both load fine with clearwater enabled. 

Edited by DavePastry

I910900K, 4090, 32gb,Varjo Aero, no compromises: all VR all the time. 

I’ve had this error too, mods installed at the time were Clear water shaders mod, FSR, Universal Shader, and the medium shadows mod (can’t remember the name). I disabled them and ran a full repair and then I could load into the channel map. Wasn’t sure which was causing the error as didn’t have time to experiment. Going to have a little tinker today but it looks like it’s the shader mod I suppose.

In my excitement to download the Mossie I forgot to disable my mods before downloading the update, doh! 

Edited by Digitalvole

Same issue with Marianas and Nevada. I had keyget's Shaders Mod (clear water) AND Luke Marqs ' SIMPLEX Shaders v2.1 (I forgot to disable them before updating DCS OB).

After fast DCS OB Repair ("check modified files") I re-enabled keyget's mod ONLY, then now it works.

Tomorrow I'll dare to try to re-enable SIMPLEX Shaders as well and let's see what happens....

I’ve had a go today and though the Caucasus loads neither the channel or Normandy will. Haven’t tried the others as of yet. I’ve lowered my gfx so it’s playable in the Spitfire (channel map that is) but the mossie is a bit more demanding so would be great if the mod could work again.

With the new beta mine only loads with Caucasus and PG, though I haven’t tried Nevada. The problem is a conflict with the Kegety’s Shader’s mod, all my other mods work fine. And yes, I uninstalled before the update, and reinstalled one mod at a time, plus ran a repair. I really don’t like flying VR without the shader’s mod, Clearwater or standard, so I have reverted to stable. If anyone finds or develops a workaround or an update to the shader’s mod please post. Thanks. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

11 hours ago, DucS2r said:

With the new beta mine only loads with Caucasus and PG, though I haven’t tried Nevada. The problem is a conflict with the Kegety’s Shader’s mod, all my other mods work fine. And yes, I uninstalled before the update, and reinstalled one mod at a time, plus ran a repair. I really don’t like flying VR without the shader’s mod, Clearwater or standard, so I have reverted to stable. If anyone finds or develops a workaround or an update to the shader’s mod please post. Thanks. 

Speed of Heat has fixed it (good man!) Check the links in his sig, I downloaded it last night and it works great 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

Speed of Heat has fixed it (good man!) Check the links in his sig, I downloaded it last night and it works great 👍

Thanks, great news. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:10 PM, DavePastry said:

Anyone else getting a game breaking error loading into syria with the clearwater shaders after todays update? I removed the mod and dcs was still broken, verified game files and loaded in fine, readded clearwater shaders and problem reappeared. 

missed this, the updated clear water version is here:

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg