External fuel tanks on left wing are misaligned

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

Found a bug with the alignment of external fuel tanks on the left wing pylon (station 1), weapons mounted on this pylon are too far back compared to the pylon on the right wing.

It's fairly easy to see with the external fuel tanks (here with the 50 gallon tank):

7qN9G42.png

Here you can see that the rear of the tank would interfere with the left aileron:

XwR3ZlE.png

I don't think bombs are affected, though it's quite a bit more difficult to tell, but both fuel tanks are certainly affected.

Mosquito_ExternalFuelTanks_Align.trk

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

The port side drop tank of either size is set too far back in the wing. So much so that its filler cap gets covered by the leading edge. When viewed from above you can clearly see the starboard tank extending farther in front of the wing than the port.