VR Viewpoint

PhoenixRising

Does anybody else feel like the default VR viewpoint is too far back?

When I look down the seat seems to be in the wrong spot, and it feels like I would have to lean way to far forward to reach the throttles.

If I lean back, and reset the view it seems to more natural.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Terry Dactil said:

No. With me and Rift S it is too far left and too high.

Easily fixed though. I have a Voice Attack routine to shift my position up/down, left/right and forward/back as required.

Left and high on my Index as well.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

Same here, left and high in Reverb G2. If I look down to the seat it seems is not align with my virtual butt 😉

As I do it in some modules I have to move camera a bit with RCtrl+RShift and number pad (too high in Spit, Tomcat, Viper... IMO). Next step is to save view, but I'll wait for fix, perhaps.

I have having a strange issue with Track ir. In the pilots seat I re center. Looks correct, I can lean in , look right... But if I look left the zoom really kicks in until the right frame is inches from my eye. My view goes out of the plane when looking for the #1 engine.  Looking over my  back left shoulder is impossible because of the zoom.

Haven't made any changes to IR. Strange.........

Edited by JIMJAM

I'm really having a difficult time with this in VR with my Reverb G2 finding the right viewpoint.

I have a button to reset the view but I can never find a spot that feels natural.

Whatever I find that feels "natural" definitely makes the gun sight unusable.

Is the gun sight supposed to be in the middle of the plane and awkward for the pilot to look through?

*sigh* Hope they iron this out or I am able to get used to this.

AMD 5950X - AMD 6900XT Red Devil - Reverb G2

Virpil WarBRD base - Virpil Constellation Stick - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle - Logitech Pro Pedals

Get some!