Windows 11 performance?

gerrah

• ED Team

Some team members are already running it and not reported any issues. 

I dont have it yet but have enabled TPM on my motherboard in preparation. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11-specifications#primaryR3

Just make sure you check your motherboard is compatible before  

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I installed Windows 11 on my computer yesterday (upgrade from 10 to 11 - no new installation):

The system in question:

Intel i7 9700K

32 GB RAM

RTX2070 Super

DCS on SSD

relevant peripherals consist of:

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + TPR rudder pedals.

Oculus Rift S

First the most important thing: I could play DCS with the same performance in VR as under Win10 (Tested with a freeflight of the Mi-24 in Syria). I can't yet say whether this is also the case for very extensive missions. I felt that DCS also started faster. The Thrustmaster TARGET software that I use was a bit twitchy, but after I pulled the stick and throttle once and plugged them in again, everything was ok. A similar problem I also had after a Win10 feature update. Other than that, no adjustments were necessary.

Regardless of DCS, I have the impression that the system generally responds faster. But the taskbar and the start menu sucks and can hardly be adjusted.

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

There is some small degradation for me, nothing major but it is visible

Right now there are two issues with amd processors

Cppc is not working as intended. Normally if you run any single threaded workload (wink wink 😆) windows choose the fastest core on the cpu, the one capable of higher boost clock. Not working at the moment.

L3 cache latency is huge right now, triple the usual value. Again, very important in games and memory intensive applications.

Microsoft and amd are aware of this and a patch is expected shortly.

Edited by MattCri

Evening,

I have installed Win11 and am running Beta.... I have noticed that the game takes ages to load into multiplayer and seems to hang with 'Mission Load Done' if i leave for a couple mins will eventually get into lobby...

Note: Only really playing on Buddyspike Blue Flag Persion...

Interested what others are experiencing ...

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 11 is essentially Windows 10 Second Edition, Uses the Windows 10 source code, Major UI Changes and additions of security features not present in Windows 10.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well on a fresh Windows 11 install, windows mixed reality can’t install.

So if you have a Reverb G2 like me, you won’t be able to use it, in DCS or any other app. 
I’ll wait until a fix on my other win10 install…

It’s not a all à DCS related problem, just windows…

16 hours ago, Comox said:

So if you have a Reverb G2 like me, you won’t be able to use it, in DCS or any other app. 

Well, I have a fresh Windows 11 install and a Reverb G2 and I can use it in DCS or any other app. 😉

There was indeed a problem during the install, but it is solvable. Try this: 

18 hours ago, Comox said:

Well, they do have a history of not supporting their own previous stuff *coughsidewindercough* *coughffbcoughincoughfscough*

After hearing on the WAN Show that Win 11 on quite some occasions might drop about 25% of your gaming performance by somehow limiting GPU power consumption due to TPM *stuff*, I'm rather glad my system is not eligible for it - I mean even Win 10 still is in early access, so why switch to something even less complete? rdlaugh.png

Probably just a BIOS setting to enable that Orwellian 84 spyware chip would change that, but I'm not gonna do that unless they forces me to. So that's gonna be 2025 for me probably. I still remember the NoTCPA campaigns like 20 years ago. Wasn't successful, as can be seen today. In other words: "We value your privacy!" - Privacy left the chat.

Other than that I just hate it when every company tries to be Apple and as a result having their stuff getting worse (who'd have thunk it?). Samsung doing the same BS for years and even Oculus started it a while ago... not gonna follow that trend.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

2 hours ago, Ticker said:

Well, I have a fresh Windows 11 install and a Reverb G2 and I can use it in DCS or any other app. 😉

There was indeed a problem during the install, but it is solvable. Try this: 

Damn ! Good for you !!

I already tried that but let's give it another try ! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Windows 10 and DCS was running incredibly well on MAX settings and looking SUPER sharp. Frankly I was so surprised how well it was running I mean flawless. Desktop or VR.

Now in Windows 11 even Desktop mode max settings it's not doing well 😞  Not sure what happened but it's frustrating...