Fuel selector input bind for "Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed" doesnt work (Updated)

Slice313

As the title says, fuel selector input bind for "Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed" doesn't work.

For reproducing the error, just jump into the cockpit, bind "Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed", press your assigned button and the valve selector will trigger "Open both valves". Note: "Fuel Selector Valve AFT Tank Closed" bind works correctly.

Should be an easy fix.

IMG_0068.jpg

Edited by Slice313
FIX
  • Like 1

I suppose you are referring to the command "Fuel Selector Valve AFT Tank Closed".

In order to replicate your issue I bound the command to the button "JOY_BTN_POV1_D" on my joystick, and I could in fact replicate your problem.
I also bound the same command to a button on my TM WH throtlle plus to a button on my Button Box, and there it worked fine. So it's certainly not a general problem.
I checked my joystick bindings and found that this button was still bound to "View Down Slow" which is the default binding. I cleared this redundant binding and now the command "Aft Tank Closed" works fine.

It seems that DCS World had not cleaned up the "....diff.lua" file for my joystick under "C:\Users\my name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".

I'm not 100% sure that the problem you observed is the same. Go through your bindings and check if it has a second binding, probably to one of the default bindings.
Alternatively, you might delete that ".diff.lua" file under Saved Games and re-do your control bindings.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Slice313 changed the title to Fuel selector input bind for "closing FWD valve" doesnt work
On 10/25/2021 at 1:14 PM, LeCuvier said:

I suppose you are referring to the command "Fuel Selector Valve AFT Tank Closed".

In order to replicate your issue I bound the command to the button "JOY_BTN_POV1_D" on my joystick, and I could in fact replicate your problem.
I also bound the same command to a button on my TM WH throtlle plus to a button on my Button Box, and there it worked fine. So it's certainly not a general problem.
I checked my joystick bindings and found that this button was still bound to "View Down Slow" which is the default binding. I cleared this redundant binding and now the command "Aft Tank Closed" works fine.

It seems that DCS World had not cleaned up the "....diff.lua" file for my joystick under "C:\Users\my name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FW-190D9\joystick".

I'm not 100% sure that the problem you observed is the same. Go through your bindings and check if it has a second binding, probably to one of the default bindings.
Alternatively, you might delete that ".diff.lua" file under Saved Games and re-do your control bindings.

Sorry, I mistook and wrote AFT valve instead of FWD valve earlier, The bind that is broken is the "Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed". I tested what you suggested earlier, fully, but it isn't working, the bind is just not correct.

I will post an image for illustrating the case better.

@BIGNEWY Could you pass this on the team? ty

Edited by Slice313
  • Like 1

• Slice313 changed the title to Fuel selector input bind for "Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed" doesnt work (Updated)

I confirm the bug reported by @Slice313. It's easy to fix and in the interim (which might be long) we can easily fix it ourselves. Here is the culprit:
In the file "default.lua", these are the 4 lines for the absolute positions of the valve selector:

{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve OFF'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve AFT Tank Closed'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve Open'), category = _('Fuel Control')},

It's almost obvious when you look at the "value_down" parameter values, that the values for "Forward Tank Closed" and "Open" are swapped.

When we look at the same lines in the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" we see the correct sequence:

{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve OFF'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve AFT Tank Closed'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve Open'), category = _('Fuel Control')},

And in fact, the bindings in that file work correctly.

We can easily fix the file "default.lua" by correcting the values in the 3rd and 4th line so they look like this:

{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve FWD Tank Closed'), category = _('Fuel Control')},
{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Fuel Selector Valve Open'), category = _('Fuel Control')},

@BIGNEWY: I endorse the request by @Slice313 to report this as a bug.
I see an additional issue here: The 3rd and 4th line in "default.lua" and
"Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" resp. have identical names but different values. They should be displayed (in Options/Controls) as duplicated orange lines. Why is this integrity checking not working here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...