The TO assisstant makes things worse (when set to 0)

wernst

The TO assisstant makes life difficult.
Before the last stable update (13436) I finally managed to put the Mossi regularly and safely in the air - and not in the meadow next to the runway.

The new update 15038 has a new optional function "Takeoff Assistant" which can be set from 0 to 100. Of course I set them to 0 and. . . now always end up in the meadow again, like at the beginning. Why is the takeoff run with setting 0 more difficult than before without TO ass?

Is the setting 0 real or a built-in challenge (no extra points)?

By the way: If you set "takeoff from runway" in the ME, the takeoff run is problem-free, then Mossi nicely stays on the runway. Is this real?

Edited by wernst

I haven't noticed any difference without TO assistant before and after the patch.

AFAIK 0 just turns any assistance off. It doesn't add anything.

Sounds more like you're just having issues with keeping the centerline due to not centered tailwheel.

17 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Sounds more like you're just having issues with keeping the centerline due to not centered tailwheel.

I haven't had any issues (e.g. centered tailwheel) before the patch. It took me a while to get everything well done (trims) but finally I manged to get in the air repeatedly, again and again, without issues. Now, after the patch it's not as before.

Why are you sure that the "TO Ass" function hasn't changed anything compared to what has been before? Does 0 mean it is the same condition as it was before without TO Ass?   

There has'nt been any changes to the TO Assist other than it was removed by one update and replaced by the next......0% is off(No Assist) and 100% is (Full Assist).

I would advise if you need any assist to start with about 25% and move the slider upor down dependant on how easy/hard you find it......would'nt advise 100% as you will almost be just a passenger in your own aircraft !

See Thread

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Wasn’t there a flight model change, particularly on takeoff, with the last patch?

I updated 2 days ago from 13436 stable to 15038 stable and I noticed much problems getting in the air even with TO Assistant set to "0" - which I hadn't before without TO Assistant

With ME set to "taking off from RWY" there is no problem at all, takeoff run is smooth and stable. Tailwheel has always been checked for straight position. 

Well I’m glad it’s not just me! I don’t think I need help getting the bird into the air as I used to be able to do it without issue and I still can do it without issue when taking off from runway in a mission but when I do a cold start she is all over the runway and I have no hope of leaving this earth. 

Is this a bug following recent patch or is it an error on my part (something to do with straight tail wheel?)

As discussed in the wheel braking thread I think the digital wheel brake is a bit too sensitive. The Spitfire brake seems more progressive  using a button. The Mosquito in my hands is much easier to taxi using an analog wheel brake (I use a modifier and half the y axis of my stick). Then I use wheel brakes to keep it straight and transition to rudder on take off and it seems fine. I never bother with trim either in the Mosquito or Spitfire.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat