DDR5 someone ?

This is just going crazy:

Scalpers and shortage, the two things you need to inflate prices but more interesting is the actual shortage of parts needed to build the module.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/scalpers-ddr5-ram-ebay-2500-dollars

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

HI Nikita,

Buying a used GPU. First look at the advert, check for signs of a scam, obviously. After that, look at the advert, the way it is written and the photographs. If the seller has put some effort into that. They probably put effort into looking after the GPU. Buy boxed with paperwork too. I sold a 2080ti in June this year. The buyer asked for a video to be taken of the GPU running showing it on the monitor, I made a simple video on my phone, job done. I had no problem with this because I knew the GPU I was selling had no problems. So dont be afraid to ask for evidence its working. If you get sent evidence check the date on the PC its running on in photo's/videos. Also get them to ship using a known 24hr courier with tracking. This way you reduce the chances of it damaged in transit. I'm in the UK and use DPD or UPS if I sell my computer parts on eBay and similar.

If you receive a used GPU. Before installation, check the heatsink for excess dust and the copper traces on the PCIE connector. When installed have a good look and check the fans spin up. When in Windows test with a game you know well. Its also useful to go to websites that have reviews like "Techpowerup" and similar. See what the framerates are for the games they used to test the exact GPU you bought. If you own one of those games see how it compares. It wont be exactly the same because your CPU and Dram could be different, but it should be similar. 

For example I use Battlefield 5 as my benchmark as its often on GPU reviews. If my system is within 5-10% and I have no artefacts or errors at all. Give it a good 30 minutes minimum running flat out, IE no V-sync. Then your all good.

Kingston memory shop (www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk) alleges to have DDR5 it can deliver in "est 14 days"....never used them so not a recommendation, just an observation.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

HI Nikita,
Buying a used GPU. First look at the advert, check for signs of a scam, obviously. After that, look at the advert, the way it is written and the photographs. If the seller has put some effort into that. They probably put effort into looking after the GPU. Buy boxed with paperwork too. I sold a 2080ti in June this year. The buyer asked for a video to be taken of the GPU running showing it on the monitor, I made a simple video on my phone, job done. I had no problem with this because I knew the GPU I was selling had no problems. So dont be afraid to ask for evidence its working. If you get sent evidence check the date on the PC its running on in photo's/videos. Also get them to ship using a known 24hr courier with tracking. This way you reduce the chances of it damaged in transit. I'm in the UK and use DPD or UPS if I sell my computer parts on eBay and similar.
If you receive a used GPU. Before installation, check the heatsink for excess dust and the copper traces on the PCIE connector. When installed have a good look and check the fans spin up. When in Windows test with a game you know well. Its also useful to go to websites that have reviews like "Techpowerup" and similar. See what the framerates are for the games they used to test the exact GPU you bought. If you own one of those games see how it compares. It wont be exactly the same because your CPU and Dram could be different, but it should be similar. 
For example I use Battlefield 5 as my benchmark as its often on GPU reviews. If my system is within 5-10% and I have no artefacts or errors at all. Give it a good 30 minutes minimum running flat out, IE no V-sync. Then your all good.
Cheers man, would you also recommend any benchmark?

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Sorry mate, I have never bought from CEX, I tend to shop on eBay for used stuff, then sell whatever I have replaced. As for a benchmark, I dont use those either. I just pick a more graphically demanding game, such as Battlefield 5 for an example. Set everything to ultra, turn V-sync off and see what fps gets produced. I then compare that to the result on a review site and if its close enough. I'm happy, in the last 10 years I only bought a new GPU "due to the shortages" once so its not failed so far.

Benchmark: DDR5 5200 vs DDR4 3600

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 11/25/2021 at 4:54 PM, Lange_666 said:

Benchmark: DDR5 5200 vs DDR4 3600

Which tells me, stick with DDR4 for now until better days.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:18 AM, BitMaster said:

This is just going crazy:

Scalpers and shortage, the two things you need to inflate prices but more interesting is the actual shortage of parts needed to build the module.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/scalpers-ddr5-ram-ebay-2500-dollars

This is a TERRIBLE time to buy computer hardware, especially just for gaming. The new CPUs and motherboards look decently priced, but graphics cards and DDR5 prices are beyond insane.

My trusty old GTX 1080 Ti just crapped out a couple months ago, so I'm not flying any DCS for a VERY long time now--possibly many years, if at all. Big waste of money for the software, but I certainly am not in a position to drop $2,000 just for a graphics card!

Just use your old hardware, the new stuff is ridiculously expensive for what this stuff is--it's just consumer products for entertainment.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Yes. Managed to grab a 32GB kit G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 Cl-36 for 470€. Not realy cheap, but compared to the price of a DDR4-4000+ kit (and those scalper prices on ebay) i guess it's okay. Not to talk about the same kit was 590€ just one day later...

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

470 is insane for just a 32GB kit RAM, but when i decided to go with DDR5 i was totally aware of the fact, that it's going to be expensive. My 6800K served me pretty good for the last 5 years, but i was desperate for an upgrade now. Will sell this kit and upgrade to 64GB once the prices are more consumer friendly...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, bflo said:

Ok, with my limited knowledge in pc hardware, is DDR 5 better than DDR4, just on performance ( not  price) for flight sims?

Short answer: Not yet, but as time goes by and faster DDR5 modules arrives at a cheaper price, yes, then it will be better.