a bit of reality please

StopLight

Ok... I get it, its a work in progress... BUT:

Y'all have nerfed the Viper enough. If the real Viper had a radar this bad, it wouldn't have been the premier fighter in the USAF for 20+yeaars. Cant see anything beyond 40nm? Cant lock within 20nm? Come on..... and no i don't have video clips, ED you know you set it up this way!

Enough is enough!!!!

• Like 3

• ED Team

If you think there is a bug provide a user track and any evidence you have. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, StopLight said:

it wouldn't have been the premier fighter in the USAF for 20+yeaars.

The Viper is not and never was the ''premier'' air to air fighter (the first ones did not even CARRY radar guided missiles). It's too small for a more powerful radar, for starters. The F-15 (and later F-22) are the ''premier'' air to air fighters, designed for that role specifically. The F-16 is a jack of all trades ''do everything competently'' kind of aircraft. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Are there any documents stating the performance of the f16 radar?

I have also heard from certain sources that the radar of the F16 can probably not quite get there as it is now.

But without proper sources such things simply have no weighting and are therefore worthless.

22 hours ago, Mars Exulte said:

The Viper is not and never was the ''premier'' air to air fighter (the first ones did not even CARRY radar guided missiles). It's too small for a more powerful radar, for starters. The F-15 (and later F-22) are the ''premier'' air to air fighters, designed for that role specifically. The F-16 is a jack of all trades ''do everything competently'' kind of aircraft. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

The Viper was the premier USAF aircraft before the raptor and the most succesfull ever in exports . USAF operated 2213 F16s and less  than 500 F15 all variants included in total

also I think you confuse premier air to air fighter with premier air superiority fighter...

Obsessed with FM's

5 hours ago, fapador said:

premier

This word does not mean what you seem to think it means.

the most succesfull ever in exports

Which is completely irrelevant when talking about the performance of its radar.

USAF operated 2213 F16s and less  than 500 F15 all variants included in total

Again, irrelevant.

also I think you confuse premier air to air fighter with premier air superiority fighter...

These terms are not as separate as you seem to think they are, in short ''air superiority'' means the aircraft is dedicated toward seizing airspace, ie F-15s and F-22s. The Viper is an excellent dogfighter close in, but it's markedly inferior at BVR to ANY larger dedicated air superiority fighter.

Everyone say it with me now, ''Bigger plane, bigger radar. Smaller plane, smaller radar.'' It's literally that simple, barring some drastic generational gap and even then the smaller radar may be overall more capable/fancy but still is likely to have inferior range and power... because it's smaller. Your wife lied. Size matters.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

Bigger plane, bigger radar. Smaller plane, smaller radar

16 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

Which is completely irrelevant when talking about the performance of its radar

I didn't say anything about the radar. I wouldn't even dare to start such a discussion as such information regarding radar performance is classified. There is also very little information out there. 

You insist on size, but disregard the fact that the F16 fleet size is quadruple in numbers in the US Air Force and has the most trained crew by numbers... 

F15 is the backbone of the airforce nothing premier about it. The f16 on the other hand is so popular it even  has its own display team .. the Thunderbirds

Obsessed with FM's

35 minutes ago, fapador said:

didn't say anything about the radar. I wouldn't even dare to start such a discussion as such information regarding radar performance is classified.

This is a thread about the aircrafts radar performance. Not sure if you noticed lol. If you're replying to said thread then It can fairly be assumed that you're also talking about the subject that the thread is about.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Are there any documents stating the performance of the f16 radar?
I have also heard from certain sources that the radar of the F16 can probably not quite get there as it is now.
But without proper sources such things simply have no weighting and are therefore worthless.
What sources? And which radar would that be? The (V)9 or the (V)5 which we actually have? It's likely that any person with current experience on ANG Vipers would be using the (V)9 as reference.

Right now, the Viper's radar is probably even a tiny bit better than it should be in terms of detection range, based on the fact that RWS and TWS are MPRF-only modes.
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It is WIP the ACM mode need work  like BORE mode  MUST automaticaly lock everything it is below 10 miles inside the cross without delay, the same for  ACM line 10X60 but......  i hope it is WIP 

Also we have to see the slew mode also we will se in near feature!!!

Edited by Geraki
  • Like 3

• Wags locked this topic