Version 1.0 Stability

ronht

This was mentioned in another thread, but I don't believe it has received enought credit or attention.

Version 1.0 of Black Shark is the MOST STABLE release version of ANY simulation of this type that I can remember and I have had them all. :thumbup:

There has always been a great deal of frustration associated with waiting for the release of a study sim such as this one, but I just wanted to give the Developers and Beta testers credit, over how stable and how well version 1.0 works!

You guys have not only set a new standard in simulations, but a new standard in the quality of the initial release product - which leaves the users to just enjoy your work.

Kudo's to all and thanks for your efforts.

ron

• Like 1

This was mentioned in another thread, but I don't believe it has received enought credit or attention.

Version 1.0 of Black Shark is the MOST STABLE release version of ANY simulation of this type that I can remember and I have had them all. :thumbup:

There has always been a great deal of frustration associated with waiting for the release of a study sim such as this one, but I just wanted to give the Developers and Beta testers credit, over how stable and how well version 1.0 works!

You guys have not only set a new standard in simulations, but a new standard in the quality of the initial release product - which leaves the users to just enjoy your work.

Kudo's to all and thanks for your efforts.

ron

I have to agree. I haven't had one problem with stability in all the hours i've played.

Good job ED!! :)

I have to agree, too! :thumbup:

Eagle Dynamics did an awesome jop on this sim. I'm proud to be a supporter of ED!

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

LOL! Its only since you mention it that I notice.

WOW...you're absolutely right and if I could give ED some reps then I would. This is the first piece of software I've had that hasn't crashed to desktop, even with all my Alt-Tabbing in and out.

Heh same here, I have never had a crash and because I have never had a crash I never noticed. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

I absolutely agree, and as I said in another post, this is the software bar that all game developers should measure by.

We actually spent a long time testing for crash issues!

That's awesome, and I thank you so much...but it's not just the lack of crashes---it's the "feel" of the software, the attention to every detail, the simple yet glorious interface/menu system, the ease of mission editing...it's everything about this piece of software that makes it great.

A big well done to the devs.

I think ED can't be compared to "normal" developers. They must really like what they do so that's why there isn't problems that mainstream games have. And they have all the time in the world. No need to rush things. I mean these kind of "games" are one of the million these days. Nowadays every dev just tries to make best profit by making just arcade games with too fast schedule for everyone that sells good.

I remember we had lot's of new sims during 1990-2000. Now we only have like 2 during period of 5 years. It's just sad.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

We actually spent a long time testing for crash issues!

Well it certainly paid off! :D :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I have had 1 crash and it was because I forgot to turn up my CPU fan. :music_whistling:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I occasionally get a CTD when I'm well... RTDing anyway. In game no problems. Only occasionally on closing down the BS.exe I get an error box.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Harsh :(

It might have been a while, but better to take longer and release a stable product than rush and release a sub-standard product.

I remember the original release of Lock On 1.0 and it was awful...1.02 did a pretty good job but not brill. Flaming Cliffs (1.1) was extremely stable and a credit to ED, which I think went a long way to support its longevity. (1.11 and 1.12a was just faffing about changing a few things for those who 'fed back' about missile performance etc...and still stable!)

So far DCS BS 1.0 is very stable, and also a credit to ED.

I'd still rather they take longer to release a stable product than rush a piece of crap out. I say this as a hugely keen customer of a heli flight sim (I also have 3 collective-pitch radio controlled nitro helicopters...which I think make me a huge heli-fan).

ED still get my reps for a stable release. Thanks also to all the testers ;)

. . . because they really took their time for BS. Long way to make it stable from 2005 to end of 2008.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers